If Assassin's Creed 3 happens, where/when do you think it should take place?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BruinsFan4867

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BruinsFan4867
Member since 2004 • 66 Posts

Personally, I would love to see it set during the Revolutionary War in America. Being an assassin running around the streets of Colonial Boston, that would just be too cool.

Ideas?

Crimsader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Crimsader
Member since 2008 • 11672 Posts

In the Far East.

Obliabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#3 Obliabo
Member since 2008 • 268 Posts

No idea what goes through their heads but... It wentback as far as nearly 2,000 years so why not longer... Romans maybe?

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts
I think England during the industrial revolution would be fantastic. You could have all sorts of steampunk gadgetry, and London seems like it would be a great environment to explore.
Obliabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Obliabo
I think England during the industrial revolution would be fantastic. You could have all sorts of steampunk gadgetry, and London seems like it would be a great environment to explore.rragnaar
Admittedly, that would be pretty awesome.
Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Blazerdt47
Member since 2004 • 5671 Posts

Maybe in the Roman Empire Civilization period. Imagine being the player that's responsible for the fall of Rome. :P

_Sharpshooter_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#7 _Sharpshooter_
Member since 2008 • 527 Posts
I think England during the industrial revolution would be fantastic. You could have all sorts of steampunk gadgetry, and London seems like it would be a great environment to explore.rragnaar
agreed
VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 VoodooHak
Member since 2002 • 15989 Posts

I just about to say Victorian or Edwardian England would be cool... with visit to turn-of-the-century NYC.

jjtiebuckle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 jjtiebuckle
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts

They (the rumor mill) say AC is a three part trilogy, so while it Would be nice to see an Assassin the Roman Empire, I think they'll be moving forward in time for AC3. I would expect it, but not be surprised if numero 3 took place entirely in the future, referencing back and forth through a time warp as you played. ex) Stage 1 modern Stage 2 18th Century Stage 3 Modern Stage 4 19th Century Stage 5 Modern Stage 6 20th Century Stage 7 Modern Stage 8 21st Century and finally Stage 9 Modern or what if I remember correctly was in the 22nd Century.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34779 Posts
Japan
Morphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Morphic
Member since 2003 • 4345 Posts

Yellowstone!!!

--Thomas--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 --Thomas--
Member since 2009 • 920 Posts

During the French Revolution.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

No idea what goes through their heads but... It wentback as far as nearly 2,000 years so why not longer... Romans maybe?

Obliabo

The story is based around the Hashashshin organization that developed during the Crusades. So I doubt they could do anything prior to the setting of AC.

There are rumours (recorded on Wikipedia) that the third game is going to be set during World War II and feature a female protagonist. But ACII was supposed to be set during revolutionary France and ended up during Medici Italy... so anything is possible. I won't know where I want the next one set until I play the second through to the end.

Nevermind... I want this.

slevenJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 slevenJ
Member since 2009 • 651 Posts

--Thomas--
I was going to say the same.
Zensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 Zensword
Member since 2007 • 4510 Posts

why people only like Western settings ? How about an Asiancountry: China ?

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts

why people only like Western settings ? How about an Asiancountry: China ?

Zensword
I'd love to see Japan or China, I imagine it would have to be a spinoff though since Desmond doesn't look like he has any Asian ancestry.
djsundowner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18 djsundowner
Member since 2006 • 995 Posts

Aren't both protagonists ancestors of the same guy in our time? If so, his family does have to eventually make their way to America you would think. That makes the American Revolution a good choice, though the Civil War era would be kind of cool, too. Maybe even the War of 1812... I dunno...

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
Wild west western :D
KzJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 KzJoe
Member since 2009 • 626 Posts

Vince Vaughns apartment, exept it wouldn't be a game I just hope somebody kills him

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

Assassin's Creed III(which has really already been announced) will most likely take place in modern day and finish Desmond's story, or at least have a lot more Desomnd portions than usual.

PurdyTang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 PurdyTang
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

--Thomas--
I would have to say, being that the French Revolution is right before the Renaissance, it really wouldn't be very effective. I would think they may try to end it with a trilogy by going in to the current time with the main character. Of course, all that is based off of whether they want to end the series, or milk it. If they choose the latter, then they'll really diminish the quality.
Spyderbait052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Spyderbait052
I could see it taking place in World War II era Europe.
taj7575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 taj7575
Member since 2008 • 12084 Posts

[QUOTE="--Thomas--"]

PurdyTang

I would have to say, being that the French Revolution is right before the Renaissance, it really wouldn't be very effective. I would think they may try to end it with a trilogy by going in to the current time with the main character. Of course, all that is based off of whether they want to end the series, or milk it. If they choose the latter, then they'll really diminish the quality.

French Revolution was way after the beginning of the Renaissance..

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

[QUOTE="PurdyTang"][QUOTE="--Thomas--"]

taj7575

Yeah. French Revolution(1789-1799); Renaissance(1300s-1600s)

67gt500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 67gt500
Member since 2003 • 4627 Posts
Europe during WW II..
PurdyTang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 PurdyTang

[QUOTE="taj7575"]

[QUOTE="PurdyTang"] I would have to say, being that the French Revolution is right before the Renaissance, it really wouldn't be very effective. I would think they may try to end it with a trilogy by going in to the current time with the main character. Of course, all that is based off of whether they want to end the series, or milk it. If they choose the latter, then they'll really diminish the quality.Phoenix534

Yeah. French Revolution(1789-1799); Renaissance(1300s-1600s)

Whoops. I retract my previous statement. In any matter, I think the industrial revolution idea was awesome. But I'm pretty sure if they wanna end it, it would be with Desmond in the current time.
Obliabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Obliabo

Although going a bit far back, the ancient Egyptian era would be a pretty good area for AC III, maybe during the construction of the pyramids, amongst the slaves and slave drivers etc.

andalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 andalore
Member since 2007 • 2644 Posts

Altair goes to Japan :)

BruinsFan4867

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BruinsFan4867
Member since 2004 • 66 Posts

If they made the 3rd part in modern times. Welcome to about 30 games on the market right now. It would be like a little bit of Prototype meets Wanted. If it's in modern times, I'm going to be really disappointed. Part of the reason I love the games so much is because they really do bring to life the era it takes place in.

solidsnake2050

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 solidsnake2050
Member since 2004 • 570 Posts
I really don't want a modern or future time setting. Assassin's Creed seems to be one of the few current games, may be even the only, that brings pivotal moments in history into a view that really gets your attention and holds it in a way thats very detailed. Not to mention that the melee combat is very well done and a move into modern settings could bring guns into a larger role, which would make it way too similer to many of the other games out now, such as Uncharted and Splinter Cell. These games aren't bad, but we don't need another.
lordreaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 lordreaven
Member since 2005 • 7239 Posts

i was hoping AC2 would take place in Medieval Roman Empire (Byzantines to comman folk), running through constantinople would have been sweet. But i 2nd the french reveloution one IF they moe forward in time. If not, Dark ages europe! lol, but french reveloution or pre WW1 (how bout you assanatethe archduke of Austria-Hungary at the end.....to non-history buffs, the assanation of the archduke caused WW1). thoose are my choices.

agturboninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#33 agturboninja
Member since 2006 • 670 Posts

Time periods before the 1st Crusades wouldn't work, since Templars weren't commission yet by the pope.

Overall I would prefer the game to take place in Europe or Asia, but not Japan.

lordreaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 lordreaven
Member since 2005 • 7239 Posts

i agree on pre-crusades era wouln't work well. But a pre-ww1 would. Like i said, make the last assassination Archduke Franz Ferinand, or make it the first one and the order realizes what they have done blah blah blah.

StaticPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

#35 StaticPenguin
Member since 2004 • 3433 Posts

I haven't beaten the 2nd one yet but from what I remember, there was a rumor going around about it being in WWII. However, from the looks of the second title it's not going to focus on too much on going back in time.

NewbAmoeba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 NewbAmoeba
Member since 2008 • 198 Posts

As cool as London / French Revolution would be, The Saboteur (game by Pandemic) basically already has that covered. I would love to see the game in Oriental Japan or China... but seeing as they expect a release date next year, they're probably go with something easier.

LikeHaterade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 LikeHaterade
Member since 2007 • 10645 Posts

Assassin's Creed III(which has really already been announced) will most likely take place in modern day and finish Desmond's story

Phoenix534

Hate to say it, but I think this guy is right.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988
deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988
Member since 2008 • 5396 Posts

Well seeing how it would probably be the last one, modern day or whenever the scenes with Desmond are set.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

Assassin's Creed III(which has really already been announced) will most likely take place in modern day and finish Desmond's story

LikeHaterade

Yeah desmond will go protoype on their arses... (Joke about trying to say that this time you will play in the real world instead of beeing stuck into an Animus, or what ever it was called)
Obliabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Obliabo

I guess modern day would make sense... But aww :(

slugmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 slugmaniac

Victorian London, and you play as Jack the Ripper. Awesome.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#42 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

LikeHaterade

I agree. As much as I love the other places that are already mentioned by other folks in here, I think the game will definitely take place during modern-day. I just don't think they would continue to let Desmond go on and on, learning new skills. I got a feeling that the skills that he learned from both Altair and Ezio will be enough to go against the Templars.