I need some hints on how to create a story for the FF character I created.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

7thRemy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 7thRemy
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

My dream has always been to create my own FF saga.Right now I only have created my main character.I have so many things in mind,so many ideas flowing in my brain and I integrate them to what I want it to appear in,but when I see the full picture I realize is all unorganized and probably messed up.Sometimes,new ideas come up,and it confuses me more and more.Lately everything has been "Far-Fetched",and I dont know what to do.But one thing's true,I wont give up on this.I will make my "Final Fantasy:The Last Effect" saga.

This is the Info. of the main character:

Name: Remvyr Saintgol

Height:5'8

Weight: 136 lbs.

Hair Color: Dark Wine

Skin Color: Light

Eye Glasses: Yes

Weapon: Twin Enigma Swords (They are actually opposing power/elemental swords.They change from a normal

state to a state which reveals its true power; smoking auras of their elemental power is seen.One is

light the other is dark.)

Finisher: Chaos End

What I need from you guys is to give me ideas on how to create a story for him as well aswhat would you guys add to give the whole story an excellent plot.I just wanna have in mind what you guys think of what the story should have to make it exciting, unforgivable,and the best FF saga ever.I will repay you all FF fans by making a new FF saga,The Game and the Movie.I promise.

Im pretty sure I will do it.

dante_123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 dante_123456
Member since 2005 • 15011 Posts

first of all, i doubt this will actually go anywhere, second, i'd love to make an anime, or movie, or game, or something, and i've made up characters, and storylines just for the hell of it, so heres my advice;

take stories you really like (of games, movies, anime, etc.) and break it down to it's very basics; for example, the basic story of FFX is theres a big threat (Sin, only one person who can stop it (Yuna), that persnos love interest (Tidus) and they meet up with a group of people who share one common goal; defeat the ultimate evil (Sin) so when you break a story down to it's basic parts just start filling in the blanks, and changing around the characters, it could be a anything from a different time period, different characters, or anything, just make sure when you look at it as a wholoe you won't be able to tell that you basically used something else as a template for your story

Andonio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Andonio
Member since 2007 • 234 Posts

It sounds like a good idea to begin with, but obviously it needs to be expanded. First of all, out of pure interest, do you even have the resources to make a game like this? Yes, like dante said, you should take a template from other similar games are work with it for the plot. You need to also come up with ideas for more characters, and the setting/world needs to be planned out. But good job with what you've done with planning all the tidbits of information, also about the weapon.

Anyway, keep at it!

7thRemy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 7thRemy

I have in mind the basics of making a character.Strong but not that all "Powerfull".As every single other one,he can be defeated.

I have other info about him and the story,but I dont wanna take chances against copycats.

Everything I do,will be 100% original.

7thRemy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 7thRemy

I know,I already created 2 more characters.They are all detailed.

One thing,I have learned that the judges will always look at every single detail the story has, and they will always compare what you created to other stuff...

This is one of the reasons I dont take "templates" of other games and movies.I want to really convince them that this WILL BE promising.

If this wasn't the problem,I would have finished a long time ago...

Avatar image for 190586385885857957282413308806

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 116

#6 190586385885857957282413308806
Member since 2002 • 13084 Posts

when making a character you should be able to answer any kind of question that is thrown at you about your character... you should know the character as well as you do yourself. if someone asks "whats your characters favorite food?" you should have one in mind. the more realistic and fully detailed your character is, the easier it is to put it down on paper. You should also have an idea on how your character acts when certain situations arise... what does your character to when he's angry, depressed...and try to make these actions unique but believable.

if you're serious about this... there are tons of books you can find and purchase that can help you improve on your creative writing skills.

dante_123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 dante_123456
Member since 2005 • 15011 Posts

I know,I already created 2 more characters.They are all detailed.

One thing,I have learned that the judges will always look at every single detail the story has, and they will always compare what you created to other stuff...

This is one of the reasons I dont take "templates" of other games and movies.I want to really convince them that this WILL BE promising.

If this wasn't the problem,I would have finished a long time ago...

7thRemy

don't worry about the template thing; movies have been around for around 100 years, plays have been around for hundreds of years, books have been aroundfor thousands of years, it's very hard to be 100% original now a days, and besides, it's your first story, i highly doubt it'll actually get so big that profesional reviewers will even look at it, and if they do, and you didn't take to much from any other story, you should be fine