This topic is locked from further discussion.

winrehs_007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 winrehs_007
Member since 2006 • 549 Posts

I miss Legend of Legaia and Final Fantasy VIII. Those kind of games are really worth the money. It's very hard now to find some new decent traditional RPG's on the XBOX 360 and PS3.

How I wish that someday, the creators would go back to its roots that made the RPG genre so successful.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#2 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

I remember Legend Of Legaia having a decent story, but the battles, I felt, were a bit too slow and dragged out for so long. A lot of random encounters also made it frustrating to get from point A to point B.

I read that wrong - I thought you wrote Final Fantasy VII, not Final Fantasy VIII. Well...that game is garbage. Square should have NEVER made Final Fantasy VIII, although I can understand why people would like it...in a twisted kind of way. The only good thing that ever came out of Final Fantasy VIII was the soundtrack that was composed brillantly by Nobuo Uematsu. Everything about VIII was a disaster; it's one of those games in the series you wish they would wipe away from it all, you know.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

I miss Legend of Legaia and Final Fantasy VIII. Those kind of games are really worth the money. It's very hard now to find some new decent traditional RPG's on the XBOX 360 and PS3.

How I wish that someday, the creators would go back to its roots that made the RPG genre so successful.

winrehs_007

Legend of Legaia is my favorite RPG of all time, glad to hear someone else list it :)

winrehs_007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 winrehs_007

I remember Legend Of Legaia having a decent story, but the battles, I felt, were a bit too slow and dragged out for so long. A lot of random encounters also made it frustrating to get from point A to point B.

I read that wrong - I thought you wrote Final Fantasy VII, not Final Fantasy VIII. Well...that game is garbage. Square should have NEVER made Final Fantasy VIII, although I can understand why people would like it...in a twisted kind of way. The only good thing that ever came out of Final Fantasy VIII was the soundtrack that was composed brillantly by Nobuo Uematsu. Everything about VIII was a disaster; it's one of those games in the series you wish they would wipe away from it all, you know.

Metamania

I completely disagree on you about FFVIII. I think it's alot better than FFVII. It has the most memorable story for me and the character are right-on. As of now, it's the most realistic FF series ever made when it comes to human emotion and story.

winrehs_007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 winrehs_007

Legend of Legaia is my favorite RPG of all time, glad to hear someone else list it :)

WreckEm711

Yeah that game was a blast. It saddens me though because Legend of Legaia 2: Duel Saga isn't as great as it should have been. I wish thay make a direct sequel of the first Legend of Legaia.

pcnw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 pcnw
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I remember that I lost too many weekends playing Legend of Legaia ...
alanthreonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 alanthreonus
Member since 2008 • 153 Posts

I completely disagree on you about FFVIII. I think it's alot better than FFVII. It has the most memorable story for me and the character are right-on. As of now, it's the most realistic FF series ever made when it comes to human emotion and story.

winrehs_007

FFVIII wasn't terrible by any means, but there's no denying that the story is awful. None of the main protagonists are likeable, Bowser is a more complex villain than Ultimecia, and let's not even get started on the orphanage twist.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#8 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
I've noticed some fans of the FF series really don't like VIII, but it's one of my favorite games. There are some things about it that bothered me, like the camera positions, but I doubt that would happen again. Also, the fact that summoning Guardian Forces became less and less useful. Depending on the playstyle, GFs could stay useful. For me, the only reasons I summon are to watch the summons, save some magic, or use their health bar as a shield against harder opponents.
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44403 Posts
I played some of Legend of Legaia, it seemed pretty good from what I can recall of it. I definitely loved Final Fantasy VIII, that was an awesome game. The card mini-game was fantastic and my all-time favourite mini-game in the FF series. You should try Lost Odyssey, it's an excellent old-school JRPG.
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts

[QUOTE="winrehs_007"]

WreckEm711

same here :D i got a ps2 the other day just to play the sequel and FFX/FFX-2(yes i know its horrendous)/FFXII

winrehs_007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 winrehs_007

@ starwarsjunky: As much as I loved the first Legend of Legaia, the Duel Saga doesn't even came close to what Legend of Legaia is all about.

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 starwarsjunky

@ starwarsjunky: As much as I loved the first Legend of Legaia, the Duel Saga doesn't even came close to what Legend of Legaia is all about.

winrehs_007
yeah, i know its not that great, but i still want to play it :P
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Metamania

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

winrehs_007

:lol:

Not sure about any emotion in the story or a good story there lackof. A lot of things just went horribly wrong for that game. Horribly wrong. But hey, like I said, people love that game in their own way, so it's cool that you dig FFVIII that much.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Metamania

I played some of Legend of Legaia, it seemed pretty good from what I can recall of it. I definitely loved Final Fantasy VIII, that was an awesome game. The card mini-game was fantastic and my all-time favourite mini-game in the FF series. You should try Lost Odyssey, it's an excellent old-school JRPG.Archangel3371

I honestly need to hunt down a new copy of Lost Odyssey. I hear that the writing in the game is remarkable and the characters are fleshed out really well.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#15 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

I honestly need to hunt down a new copy of Lost Odyssey. I hear that the writing in the game is remarkable and the characters are fleshed out really well.

Metamania
It's good.
WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

[QUOTE="winrehs_007"]

starwarsjunky

same here :D i got a ps2 the other day just to play the sequel and FFX/FFX-2(yes i know its horrendous)/FFXII

THERES A SEQUEL?!?! :O

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#17 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
couldnt stand FF8, or FF7 for that matter. FF9 and X though, rocked.
Everiez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Everiez
Member since 2006 • 1946 Posts

[QUOTE="starwarsjunky"]

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

WreckEm711

Yes, it's Legaia 2: Duel Saga. I like it better than Legand of Legaia.

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 starwarsjunky

[QUOTE="starwarsjunky"]

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

WreckEm711

lol :lol: of course there is :D the first is so underrated.
LessThanMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 LessThanMike
Member since 2002 • 5364 Posts
i miss....cel damage...