i just had a nightmare, that made me think of a cool...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Justin_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Justin_G
Member since 2004 • 202 Posts

scene for a video game

cheesy eh? well, i dunno... people want scary games. i just had a dream, that i was in a video game which was scary as ****. (too much left overs and Vodka/coke before bed)

i don't remember much of the details except that of a scary blindfolded by shadows, smiling, bleeding out of eye sockets through the blindfold, shadow ghost kid and having to stare at him (though there was more hellish things then that, nearly giving me heart palpitations and shit) and i realized something up on waking... if people would just accept some new mediums for gaming (less control more interactive story) then they could maybe actually get a scary game again.

so anyways, here is idea of it all; that kid, that fucking ghost kid.. well, i had to stare him down, as he was getting ready to eat me... though, i didn't see him. no, i was in the classroom and i was staring off, daydreaming... about the ghosts in my mind...(when moments before i was pondering the depths of hell, and lucky me i don't remember that part, because it was dark maze-like insanity) and yeah, i didn't see him, i just zoned out lost control of my body and started shaking, as my vision became distorted and i KNEW i was staring into the face of evil. though i was just staring off away, into the corner of my mind... the last thing i remember though, is seeing that kids face, bleed out and smile at me... when before his vision appeared, like i said, i was just like seizing the **** out at well, an imaginary mind ****...

so this is the capital idea. why not make a game like that, sorta, and when something really spooky happens, in a video game, you wanna be in the middle of the action mostly, right? you don't wanna have things happening around you that you don't see, unless, it's smaller things that just add to atmosphere, but... you don't just want the whole game, and the game's progression to be about that... you, like in your nightmares, wanna FACE YOUR FEAR. right? doesn't it makes sense for a cool ass game, or even a movie?

so in this case, yeah, something fucked is happening right in front of you and you have to WALK UP to it and interact with it. (imagine the Candyman or something... you don't WANT the eat the bees... you just can't fucking help it)

that's the kooky idea. so in this "scene" as it were, you have to face this shadow kid only, at this point, you know what you're looking for... perhaps this is a climax to a chapter or something... (i know tl;dr, bear with me, i'm almost done) you come across this point where the game gets you shaking with fear... the music and sound is booming (on a nice sound system? ehh?) your vision is distorted, and maybe beforehand you're seeing evil bloody visions of the events that happened to this kid... you are FORCED (taken out of the context of the usual gameplay) to have to use certain controls... the buttons don't work, as you're locked up... the d-pad don't even work, except one direction... you figure this out, and you're like "wtf, i'm fucking.., i dun wanna use the left analog/d-pad to turn mommy..." but you have to, and when you turn you see freaky shadow kid smiling and reaching for a big creepy hug... you HAVE TO walk towards him to interact, and brush away the shadows... if you don't... then the music stops amping up, the atmosphere jarringly stops to a halt, along with your creeping movement which you're taking too long to do away with, and suddenly the game takes control from you and throws you into him as he just eats you up or even worse, if you didn't man up to even try and brush away the shadows (press *insert button*) or didn't even dare to turn around, you get a worse death in this instance... the game just throws your control away along with the music, and shifts your perspective down and a big ole fucking freak demon just is reaching up from hell and "aahhhhGRRRr" grabs you up and rips you down as the music just VOOMS back into effect...

the player has died and has now just shit his pants.

can anyone imagine a game, at least featuring this kinda concept... then again, even building on this kind of concept? like shit you HAVE to face, contact, and witness... uncomfortable shit... evil shit... coming to haunt your ass, and you throw yourself into a world shit because you can't deny it... it's here... for YOU.

i wanna see that. ok, back to sleep for me. ****

PS: a few random ideas; like a two adjacent shoulder buttons can be used, one for moving your eye around, without moving your head, mayhaps when you're locked up, or in a closet trying to hide from a demon (ala Amnesia) [if you look around at the wrong time, a ghost's in there with you and shock scare, then boom, you fall back, away into darkness; you lose, the vortex of the souls of damned reaching out for you pulling you into hell, as you stare up to the darkness]

the other button just simply... closes your eyes. a way to "trick" the game in essentially letting up on the scares, in certain cases... (not in others)

in addition maybe you can get some "skills" like one that comes to mind is a "banish evil" spell that you can use to get out of tight situations?

a psyche meter maybe? sorta like Amnesia again... where when the game is in it's beginning stages, the demon world overlaps with the real world [which is mostly of ghostly manifestation yet, and not hellish] that gives you insight on how shizz is gonna go down when you can see that a: the demon/ghost world is all around you b: demons crawling on walls, ghosts movin through you, talking to you, pleading for their souls back c: voices and visions appearing in your head d: distortions, losing control of your character ect ect and as you progress through the game, your psyche meter increases in size allowing for more progression but also making the effects of the damage to your psyche even worse through out [ie you're now in hell, and your mind makes you have to go through the main situation above, and others... say a small room of blood and tortured screams of mutilation and chains and agony, and you have just "wade through it" literally, because your psyche is so disturbed...... my psyche is so disturbed.

PPS: another thing inspired from an old stupid evil dream i had along time ago as a kid... what if you were forced to find your way through a part of the game, surrounded by demons huffing, growling and supposedly breathing down your neck... when your eyes have been psychically ripped out? you wander blind through the demons to seek the otherside... see the light and then again, you move through it, you move on... you don't,... you "stall" in your movements... and... the light becomes evil hell that sucks the soul right out of you... you're treated to nothing but evil disgusting breath taking horrible sounds as you die, but see nothing; game over? this "thing" keeps giving me ideas... *shudders* i have to go back to sleep to... great.

tl;dr? basically a game that is a good game, that exactly mimics the aspects of a real nightmare.

is this too much like Amnesia to anyone? or Deadly Premonition? (i still haven't played it, so no spoilers please but tell me if i'm close to the premise of THAT game, because if so, daymn i wanna play it even more now, since i've heard it's actually really good)

or is this original enough? is this even doable, you think? give your opinions, i wanna hear 'em, if you please.

PPPS: great, now i get into bed, my bed is making creaking sounds i ain't ever heard before, and my house is settling and creaking more then usual in my room. LOL, isn't that just what fear is? nothing?

nothing is scaring the crap outta me tonight xD hahaha, ok, only dreams now... *wimper*

Justin_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Justin_G
Member since 2004 • 202 Posts

i figured gamers had a biit more attention then this.