i just bought a SNES slim. can u guys give me some good game recommendations..

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Marzarmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Marzarmy
Member since 2012 • 67 Posts

Hi'ya,

i went to a retro gaming store in the city a few days ago ( i believe it was called Video Games NY) and they had a used SNES slim for $35, so i bought it. (i really went in there for component cables for my PS2 but i bought this instead lol). Anyways im going there again tomorrow and i want to pick up a few games for it, so can you guys/girls give me a few suggestions on whats good..i like everything except for RPG's, Yuck!

Djmaster214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Djmaster214
Member since 2005 • 3240 Posts

Hi'ya,

i went to a retro gaming store in the city a few days ago ( i believe it was called Video Games NY) and they had a used SNES slim for $35, so i bought it. (i really went in there for component cables for my PS2 but i bought this instead lol). Anyways im going there again tomorrow and i want to pick up a few games for it, so can you guys/girls give me a few suggestions on whats good..i like everything except for RPG's, Yuck!

Marzarmy
*Sigh* i love the snes so much lol, shame you dont like rpgs. definatly without spending too much money to get started i would get (in no order) Zelda link to the past Super Metroid Donkey Kong Country Killer Instinct Turtles in Time alladin lion king Earthworm Jim
Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#3 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5905 Posts

Hi'ya,

Marzarmy

I could give you a long list of games, but I won't because there are many RPG's on that list. If you don't like those, you are missing out on the greatest strength of the SNES.

Castlevania IV is one of the best non-RPG games ever made for the system.

Avatar image for deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
Member since 2006 • 6013 Posts

[QUOTE="Marzarmy"]

Hi'ya,

Djmaster214

*Sigh* i love the snes so much lol, shame you dont like rpgs. definatly without spending too much money to get started i would get (in no order) Zelda link to the past Super Metroid Donkey Kong Country Killer Instinct Turtles in Time alladin lion king Earthworm Jim

Plus (in no specific order)

Yoshi's Island

Super Punch Out

Donkey Kong Country 2 & 3

Death & Return of Superman (if it's the same as Genesis)

EarthWorm Jim I & II

Megaman X

Star Fox

Zombies ate my neighbours

Shockwave-DASH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Shockwave-DASH
Member since 2012 • 1093 Posts

Hi'ya,

Marzarmy
Chakan the forever man. Someone on here mentioned Musya (for the wrong reason_ but that is actually a fun game. Megaman X 1-2. Illusion of Gaia Axelay Toe jam and Earl one and 2. Sonic Blast Man 2 Final Fight 1 2 and 3 Top Gear Top Gear 2 Top gear 3000 That port of Bonk That's just off the top of my head, Oh, and Smash TV Magic Sword Magic Sword and this game called magic Sword.
Avatar image for deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
Member since 2006 • 6013 Posts

BTW, SNES is an amazing system, enjoy it!

Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#7 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

Great purchase! SNES is one of the greatest systems ever made with a fantastic library of games and solid reliable hardware. My recommendations:

Action/Adventure:

• Actraiser
  • Contra III: The Alien Wars
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
  • Mega Man X 1-3
  • Ninja Gaiden Trilogy (Collects Ninja Gaiden 1-3 from the NES)
  • Sunset Riders
  • Super Castlevania IV
  • Super Metroid

Beat-Em Ups:

• Final Fight 1-3
  • Knights of the Round
  • Marvel Super-Heroes: War of the Gems
  • Maximum Carnage (Spider-Man & Venom)
  • X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse

Fighting Games:

• Mortal Kombat 2 & Ultimate 3 (#1 is edited, don't bother if you can get a copy of it on another system)
  • Street Fighter Alpha 2
  • Super Street Fighter II

Platformers:

• Cool Spot
  • Donkey Kong Country 1 & 2
  • Super Mario All-Stars (Collects Super Mario Bros. 1-3 plus the previously only released in Japan Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels)
  • Super Mario World

Shoot-Em Ups:

• Aero Fighters
  • Gradius III
  • R-Type III: Third Lighting
  • Raiden Trad
  • Super R-Type

Other:

• Sim City (City Building/Management Sim)
  • Star Fox (very early 3D space-ship shooter, if graphics are an issue, you might not like this one, but it is still fun)
  • Super Mario Kart (Kart Racing)
  • Wolfenstein 3-D (First-Person Shooter) (not the best version out there, but it's still fun to play and not available on other mainstream consoles (Jaguar & 3DO, but those aren't exactly mainstream))
Shockwave-DASH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Shockwave-DASH
Member since 2012 • 1093 Posts

BTW, SNES is an amazing system, enjoy it!

_TheJoker_
It's pretty unbalanced quality wise however.
Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#9 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

........I was gonna say Chrono Trigger and Earthbound, but nevermind.

Donkey Kong, Super Mario World, Mario Kart, Street Fighter, Earthworm Jim, Zelda a link to the past.

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts
Aladdin Demon's Crest Donkey Kong Country The Illusion of Gaia The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past The Magical Quest: Starring Mickey Mouse Marvel Super Heroes: War of the Gems Mechwarrior Mega Man X1-3 Space Megaforce Super Mario All-Stars + World Super Metroid U.N. Squadron X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse Yoshi's Island I could suggest more but that'll do.
Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

Boogerman!

Just wanted to be different but everyone else has recommended great games.

WiiCubeM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 WiiCubeM1
Member since 2009 • 4735 Posts

Super Mario All-Stars + Super Mario World (the peak of Mario perfection)

Star Fox

NBA Jam

Street Fighter II (SNES got the better port of this)

EVO (the original Spore)

Super Castlevania IV

Super Tennis

Kirby Super Star

Earthworm Jim

Super Bomberman 2 (best multiplayer on the SNES in my opinion)

supernes93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 supernes93
Member since 2012 • 76 Posts
dont listen to these other mixed up rambles of games i will simplify it for you Super Mario All Stars Super Mario World SMW2: Yoshi's Island Super Mario Kart Street Fighter series Super Metroid Zelda: A Link To The Past Donkey Kong Country DKC2: Diddy's Kong Quest DKC3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble Killer Instinct Kirby's Dream Land 3 Super Castlevania IV TMNT Tournament Fighters Super Punch Out!! Mega Man X Mega Man X2 Mega Man X3 Kirby Super Star TMNT IV: Turtles in Time Mario RPG: Legend of the Sven Stars Chrono Trigger Star Fox Doom
TyberZannxxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TyberZannxxxx
Member since 2009 • 712 Posts

Donkey Kong Country series, Super Mario World series, Super Star Wars series, and Super Metroid

Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#15 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

dont listen to these other mixed up rambles of gamessupernes93

My list is catagorized and alphabetized, thank you very much.

Marzarmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Marzarmy
Member since 2012 • 67 Posts

ok, thanks guys/girls. i did research on alot of the games you people listed and i wrote down the ones i liked the most. as for fighting games i already have the ones you people listed on my PS1/PS2 so i didnt bother with those...i bought "zombies ate my neighbors", i really wanted "X-men: mutant apocalpse" but they didnt have it so i bought "Marvel: war of the gems" instead, "Final fight 2" ( i wanted the original but they didnt have that also), "Smash TV" (i remember playing this in the arcades and i loved it). "turtles in time", i was going to get "Super Metriod" but it was to expensive, and Super Mario kart..i will be getting more this friday as well if you guys/girls remember any more games let me know so i can check em out to see if i like..thank you my retro gaming friends.

LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts
Beavis and Butthead. Mighty Max. and Animaniacs were some of my favorites