I for one am glad COD is going back to WW2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 0

#1 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
I loved Modern Warfare but I really want COD to get back to its roots and come with another excellent WW2 game.

Anyone else happy about the change?

It's not like COD6 will be WW2, it'll probobly go back to MW then.
xmitchconnorx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 xmitchconnorx
Member since 2007 • 2649 Posts
I'm glad as well. Call of Duty always put out the best WWII shooters, except for 3 though.
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Toriko42
I think Treyarch learned from the last one, I hope they did at least
Avatar image for Grammaton-Cleric
Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Grammaton-Cleric
Member since 2002 • 7515 Posts

I'm glad as well.

I just saved 60 dollars.

I'll just keep playing COD4 until a "real" sequel comes out.

maxequalsice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 maxequalsice
Member since 2005 • 42 Posts
Cod 5 is gonna be Nam.
skyyfox1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#6 skyyfox1
Member since 2003 • 13015 Posts

i heard it is going to be ww2.. here's a quote from gamespot... "Using the Call of Duty 4 engine, Treyarch brings the franchise back to World War II, taking on Imperial Japanese forces in the Pacific with flamethrowers,... "

.. and i am personally happy it is that way... i love ww2 games...

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Toriko42
Cod 5 is gonna be Nam.maxequalsice
Have you been under a rock for a week...
maxequalsice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 maxequalsice
Member since 2005 • 42 Posts
No. I meant to say WWI. LOL. But how come you never play as the japs or germans in cod games? They've done the same thing 3 times it's like played out and like stuff. I mean if your gonna do ANOTHER ww2 game why not?
epic_pets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 epic_pets
Member since 2008 • 5598 Posts
I am, I like the setting better
zeus_gb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#10 zeus_gb
Member since 2004 • 7793 Posts

Even if the game turns out to be crap it'll still sell well because it's got Call of Duty on the front of it.

I'm not bothered whether it takes place in World War II or not as long as it's good.

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Toriko42
No. I meant to say WWI. LOL. But how come you never play as the japs or germans in cod games? They've done the same thing 3 times it's like played out and like stuff. I mean if your gonna do ANOTHER ww2 game why not?maxequalsice
Cause no one wants to lose in the single player I guess
ONLYDOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 ONLYDOD
Member since 2006 • 6026 Posts
Im glad it's going back to WW2 aswell, COD4 had some good multiplayer but I hope they go back to the class based mutliplayer to make things a little more fair between the players. Having all of the perks and weapons in COD4 gave you an edge over others. And I feel that while the single player in COD4 was good it doesn't beat the historical recreations of the previous games, COD4 had such a typical story. Treyarch might not have made a better leap in COD3, in terms of gameplay atleast, I thought everything about COD3 other than the gameplay was better than 2. But I think they will know what to keep and what to replace in COD5. This, Resistance 2 & Far Cry 2 are the best looking FPS's of this year to me, Bad Company comes close though.
Ash2X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#13 Ash2X
Member since 2005 • 3035 Posts

I'm glad as well.

I just saved 60 dollars.

Grammaton-Cleric

loool...my first thought too.I have to admit they have some nice ideas.But I hat the usual "Evil Nazi"-Stuff.Not because I´m german,it´s because it´s getting old.Plus I´ve heard americas youth still think it´s the same as over 50 years ago thanks to the History channel and supporting games.After all this stuff is told with the american superheroes,all patriotism possible and everything that you need to hate people that doesn´t exist anymore and everything thats bound to it.How many Movies or games have you seen that does anything different then showing the "pure evil Hitler and his German-Monsters who are even worse"?See...

Plus I prefer Modern FPS anyway.

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 giyanks22
Member since 2007 • 209 Posts
Im glad it's going back to WW2 aswell, COD4 had some good multiplayer but I hope they go back to the class based mutliplayer to make things a little more fair between the players. Having all of the perks and weapons in COD4 gave you an edge over others. And I feel that while the single player in COD4 was good it doesn't beat the historical recreations of the previous games, COD4 had such a typical story. Treyarch might not have made a better leap in COD3, in terms of gameplay atleast, I thought everything about COD3 other than the gameplay was better than 2. But I think they will know what to keep and what to replace in COD5. This, Resistance 2 & Far Cry 2 are the best looking FPS's of this year to me, Bad Company comes close though.ONLYDOD
Perks and upgrades are what made, and still makes COD4 great. It is so deep. At the end of the day it still comes down to skill. You can give a mediocre player a p90 a Berreta .50, extra grenades, Martydom, and any other super perk, but they can fight a level 10 who is just really good at shooters, and the level 10 can dominate. I hope they bring the same customazation to COD5 as COD4, but keep it fair. The Campaign is up to Treyach how good it is, but the Multiplayer can be really good, if Treyach just copies infinity ward and adds a little. Hopefully it's a good game. I have to say the lighting in the first screen shots, was really incredible looking.
xxxMoreBeerxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 xxxMoreBeerxxx
Member since 2006 • 993 Posts
Not me. Treyarch is making this.
OneWingedAngeI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 OneWingedAngeI
Member since 2003 • 9448 Posts
hell no. i flat out wont play it just because its ww2.
Iszk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Iszk
Member since 2008 • 469 Posts

I'm glad as well.

I just saved 60 dollars.

Grammaton-Cleric

Exactly, sixty more dollars in my wallet, thanks Treyarch!

Almighty_Ganon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Almighty_Ganon
Member since 2008 • 665 Posts

I personally think a CoD game that takes place in the future would be pretty awesome.

*Walks out before the flaming starts*

Avatar image for JetB1ackNewYear
JetB1ackNewYear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 JetB1ackNewYear
Member since 2007 • 2931 Posts
i donno i hope its as good as 2 and 4 were. 4 is just plain amazing treyarch has alot to prove on this one
Avatar image for AtomicTangerine
AtomicTangerine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 AtomicTangerine
Member since 2005 • 4413 Posts
I like the argument people use that Call of Duty is just going back to its roots. They had 2 decent games set in World War 2, and suddenly that's what the series is known for? That makes about as much sense as if Capcom decided to go back to the tank controls in Resident Evil.
Thiago26792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Thiago26792
Member since 2007 • 11059 Posts
I'm not really happy about that, WW2 has been done too many times, IMO.
SgtPeppers147

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SgtPeppers147
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Maybe COD should try a WWI setting. The whole game would probably be sitting in a muddy trench with artillry shells exploding around you.
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Toriko42
I like the argument people use that Call of Duty is just going back to its roots. They had 2 decent games set in World War 2, and suddenly that's what the series is known for? That makes about as much sense as if Capcom decided to go back to the tank controls in Resident Evil.AtomicTangerine
United Offensive, Call of Duty 1, and Call of Duty 2 all own COD4 if you ask me
capthavic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#24 capthavic
Member since 2003 • 6478 Posts
[QUOTE="Grammaton-Cleric"]

I'm glad as well.

I just saved 60 dollars.

Iszk

Exactly, sixty more dollars in my wallet, thanks Treyarch!

Well I'm not that pessimistic but I am kinda disappointed that it's WWII all over again.

I'm totally sick of WWII games. So unless a game does something completely over the top (ex zombie vampire nazis, Hitlers brain in jar monster, etc) it really doesn't interest me.

AtomicTangerine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 AtomicTangerine

[QUOTE="AtomicTangerine"]I like the argument people use that Call of Duty is just going back to its roots. They had 2 decent games set in World War 2, and suddenly that's what the series is known for? That makes about as much sense as if Capcom decided to go back to the tank controls in Resident Evil.Toriko42
United Offensive, Call of Duty 1, and Call of Duty 2 all own COD4 if you ask me

Really? Because from where I am sitting, Call of Duty 4 plays exactly like those games except with a better gun selection, a different setting, and the perks. As much as I loved mowing Nazis down with the Thompson way back, I have to admit having a silenced MP5 and two claymores is way more fun than any of the other Call of Duty games. They brought the game forward in huge ways, so unless you like playing the same game over and over again, I don't get what was worse about COD4.

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26 giyanks22
Member since 2007 • 209 Posts

I like the argument people use that Call of Duty is just going back to its roots. They had 2 decent games set in World War 2, and suddenly that's what the series is known for? That makes about as much sense as if Capcom decided to go back to the tank controls in Resident Evil.AtomicTangerine

Well lets remember folks until COD4 COD was known to be only a World War II series. Part of COD4's sucess was from the fact that it was something different, not just another WWII game. 2 games set in WWII more like 5 COD, COD: Finest Hour, COD 2 COD 2: The Big Red One, and COD3. Hmm... That seems like 5. Correct me if i'm wrong.

The image The image The image http://media.strategywiki.org/images/thumb/e/e0/Call_of_Duty_2_The_Big_Red_One_Box_Artwork.jpg/250px-Call_of_Duty_2_The_Big_Red_One_Box_Artwork.jpghttp://www.guarimgames.com/loja/images/Call_Of_Duty_3.jpg

Clearly it was not known for being a WWII series, cause it only had five games that took place in the WWII era.

THEN THERE WAS COD 4

http://dezconocido.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/call-of-duty-4.jpg

This one game no longer makes it a WWII series :question:

doomsoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#27 doomsoth
Member since 2003 • 10094 Posts

CoD just needs to be left behind and a new IP started. I enjoyed CoD when it came out on the PC a while ago and there have only been slight improvements over time; except for CoD4, which added some interesting things into the MP, but since my PC sucks and I don't want to pay $50 to play the game on-line, I just don't play it.

Poshkidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28 Poshkidney
Member since 2006 • 3803 Posts
I don't mind it as long it tries something new i'm not bored i'm just bored of the same all american airbore and beaches i wnat to see soemthing new there are other conflicts.
AtomicTangerine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 AtomicTangerine

[QUOTE="AtomicTangerine"]I like the argument people use that Call of Duty is just going back to its roots. They had 2 decent games set in World War 2, and suddenly that's what the series is known for? That makes about as much sense as if Capcom decided to go back to the tank controls in Resident Evil.giyanks22

Well lets remember folks until COD4 COD was known to be only a World War II series. Part of COD4's sucess was from the fact that it was something different, not just another WWII game. 2 games set in WWII more like 5 COD, COD: Finest Hour, COD 2 COD 2: The Big Red One, and COD3. Hmm... That seems like 5. Correct me if i'm wrong.

The image The image The image http://media.strategywiki.org/images/thumb/e/e0/Call_of_Duty_2_The_Big_Red_One_Box_Artwork.jpg/250px-Call_of_Duty_2_The_Big_Red_One_Box_Artwork.jpghttp://www.guarimgames.com/loja/images/Call_Of_Duty_3.jpg

Clearly it was not known for being a WWII series, cause it only had five games that took place in the WWII era.

THEN THERE WAS COD 4

http://dezconocido.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/call-of-duty-4.jpg

This one game no longer makes it a WWII series :question:

Read it again and see where you went wrong.

Poshkidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30 Poshkidney
Member since 2006 • 3803 Posts
Would it be wrong to have a falklands call of duty i know no americans but wouldn't be bad to not have them as they are annoying with their light shines out of their arse attitude.