I don't hate Lair as much as some

This topic is locked from further discussion.

_Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 _Bear
Member since 2002 • 18760 Posts
I don't hate Lair as badly as some people do, my first impressions after a decent amount of gameplay, are that the controls can betedious, but not unmanagable. As far as the gameplay, its fairly simple but not unfun. The game looks and sounds beautiful. I think it needed a few more months in the shop fine tuning and maybe a focus group telling them how to tweak the controls a bit. I'm not unhappy I bought it though. I don't think its bad as a 4 or 5 I would say its more of a 6 range and maybe a 7 if it gets any better. Its not as horrible as some would think, but I think the high expectations and the low delivery brought out the low scores. Its an ok game that if I had my chance again I probably would've cancelled it soon enough to not get and buy at a later date at a discounted price. I still think it has a few OMG moments that feel epic, the problem is they far and few between, and the quirky jerky controls makes it hard to even enjoy those moments a whole lot.
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts
Have you gotten to the seaworm yet?  I was loving the game until I encountered what I assume is a game killing bug.  My motion control cuts out at specific points during this boss battle, and I get swallowed.
Avatar image for Shame-usBlackley
Shame-usBlackley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 Shame-usBlackley
Member since 2002 • 18266 Posts

Have you gotten to the seaworm yet? I was loving the game until I encountered what I assume is a game killing bug. My motion control cuts out at specific points during this boss battle, and I get swallowed.rragnaar

Wow. I wasn't planning on playing it anyway, but if that's true, that's an instant 5 point deduction in my book. Considering that the game is averaging around 6, that would end with me rating Lair somewhere in the 1 range.

I HATE glitchy games. Worse than anything else. Worse than 10,000,000 poorly-designed games.

TheMierArmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 TheMierArmy
Member since 2003 • 5699 Posts

according to these people the new PS3 update makes the controls more responsive.

http://ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=96410

GoPhins123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 GoPhins123
Member since 2005 • 3655 Posts
I wonder if its worth a rent at least.
TriangleHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#6 TriangleHard
Member since 2005 • 9097 Posts

[QUOTE="rragnaar"]Have you gotten to the seaworm yet? I was loving the game until I encountered what I assume is a game killing bug. My motion control cuts out at specific points during this boss battle, and I get swallowed.Shame-usBlackley

Wow. I wasn't planning on playing it anyway, but if that's true, that's an instant 5 point deduction in my book. Considering that the game is averaging around 6, that would end with me rating Lair somewhere in the 1 range.

I HATE glitchy games. Worse than anything else. Worse than 10,000,000 poorly-designed games.

According to you, I'd say Oblivion shouldn't get over 5.

Avatar image for Shame-usBlackley
Shame-usBlackley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 Shame-usBlackley
Member since 2002 • 18266 Posts

TriangleHard

Fair enough. You should get cracking on a review.

_Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 _Bear
Member since 2002 • 18760 Posts

Have you gotten to the seaworm yet? I was loving the game until I encountered what I assume is a game killing bug. My motion control cuts out at specific points during this boss battle, and I get swallowed.rragnaar

I have not made it that far yet, but if true I will be very upset and hope Sony can fix the problem. With a patch my 20 gig HD is filling up fast.

Coldplay07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 Coldplay07
Member since 2002 • 4513 Posts
[QUOTE="Shame-usBlackley"]

[QUOTE="rragnaar"]Have you gotten to the seaworm yet? I was loving the game until I encountered what I assume is a game killing bug. My motion control cuts out at specific points during this boss battle, and I get swallowed.TriangleHard

Lair is not a huge RPG. The glitches in Oblivion aren't game breaking or extremely annoying like the control issues in Lair. Your point is weak.

gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 gaminggeek
Member since 2003 • 14223 Posts
Do you think its one of those games where you either get or don't the controls?