How secure is buying games off amazon?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 slvrraven9
Member since 2004 • 9278 Posts

ive been thinking about using amazon for some time now but i dont know how secure it is. anyone had any experience? good or bad?

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#2 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

Amazon.com is very secure. I've been buying old and new games from them for years now. I mostly buy music CDs through that site and they deliver on time with any shipment method you prefer. It always comes in a timely fashion for me.

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#3 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
amazon is safe. check the seller's transaction history if you want to be sure.
slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 slvrraven9
amazon is safe. check the seller's transaction history if you want to be sure.LoG-Sacrament
amazon does it through private sellers and also store too right? ive always been leery of buying from private sellers but i would buy from the stores though
skyyfox1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#5 skyyfox1
Member since 2003 • 13015 Posts

i think that amazon has it's own warehouse for stuff that you buy new. amazon will tell you if they are using an outside source for your order. i have used it many times and haven't had a problem. i prefer to get my games from my local gamestop though. i just like walking into the store and picking up my new game. and getting my receiipt right there.

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LoG-Sacrament
[QUOTE="LoG-Sacrament"]amazon is safe. check the seller's transaction history if you want to be sure.slvrraven9
amazon does it through private sellers and also store too right? ive always been leery of buying from private sellers but i would buy from the stores though

yeah, you can get some very big sellers. even the private ones are fine because youre presented with enough information to see if they have been reliable in the past.
slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 slvrraven9
[QUOTE="slvrraven9"][QUOTE="LoG-Sacrament"]amazon is safe. check the seller's transaction history if you want to be sure.LoG-Sacrament

yeah, you can get some very big sellers. even the private ones are fine because youre presented with enough information to see if they have been reliable in the past.

i guess ill consider both sources. i want to buy fallout 3 and i think i saw it there for about 30 bucks but i never tried it before. i heard some things here and there about it but i figured id ask some people who tried it before first. by big sellers you mean people who use it a lot? or are you talkign about actual store fronts?
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LoG-Sacrament
[QUOTE="LoG-Sacrament"][QUOTE="slvrraven9"] amazon does it through private sellers and also store too right? ive always been leery of buying from private sellers but i would buy from the stores thoughslvrraven9

i guess ill consider both sources. i want to buy fallout 3 and i think i saw it there for about 30 bucks but i never tried it before. i heard some things here and there about it but i figured id ask some people who tried it before first. by big sellers you mean people who use it a lot? or are you talkign about actual store fronts?

there are stores that use amazon as their primary tool for taking orders.
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#9 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
I've bought tons of things over amazon, and have never had a problem.
slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 slvrraven9
I've bought tons of things over amazon, and have never had a problem.Allicrombie
including from private sellers? they have a user rating system similar to ebay?
Deus_Ex_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 Deus_Ex_Fan
Member since 2006 • 625 Posts
[QUOTE="Allicrombie"]I've bought tons of things over amazon, and have never had a problem.slvrraven9

Yep. Like someone said above some stores use Amazon as their online seller. Buy used books like this all the time without problems. It's sweet to get a handwritten thank you note in the box that these private sellers have time to put in as well. Turn around time is slower than buying from Amazon brand new, but if you're not in a hurry (judging you want to save money on buying games) the wait will be worth it.
Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#12 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

I have used Amazon for years myself. You simply cannot go wrong with Amazon.

Darth_Vadoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 Darth_Vadoc
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Amazon is great, i sometimes buy games from there and they always deliver quick.
Avatar image for 190586385885857957282413308806

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 116

#14 190586385885857957282413308806
Member since 2002 • 13084 Posts
[QUOTE="LoG-Sacrament"]amazon is safe. check the seller's transaction history if you want to be sure.slvrraven9

All you have to do is look for private sellers that have high ratings and a lot of them. Amazon.com is usually the place i go to get old PC games that I can't find anywhere else and get them for dirt cheap. I've never been screwed over by that site or the private sellers and i think i've probably spent thousands on that website.
Avatar image for masterpinky2000
masterpinky2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 95

#15 masterpinky2000
Member since 2004 • 1955 Posts
Yeah, if anything, they're faster for shipping than the average Ebayer. The guys who sell used games on Amazon generally are professional or semi-professional, whereas a lot of Ebayers are just random people who may take a few extra days.
treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

I've bought dozens of items from the private sellers at Amazon, and everything has come on time, and just as advertised.

And from Amazon I've bought a few things that arrived on time as well.

MarcusAntonius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MarcusAntonius
Member since 2004 • 15667 Posts

I like buying games off Amazon where I'm not harassed for my trade-ins and to preorder games by some smug man-child who feels the need to provide commentary on my purchases. Amazon for me is the way to go. I had preordered Persona and got my bonus OST disks only two days after release.

rjxtian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 rjxtian
Member since 2005 • 2638 Posts

I have bought quite a few items from Amazon .com. I have never had a problem, and I trust them.

As for the Amazon Private Sellers, I would not buy from anyone who had a feedback % less than 98. Read the Feedback, and be careful of multiple shipping charges when buying several items on one order.

samuraiguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 samuraiguns
Member since 2005 • 11588 Posts
[QUOTE="Allicrombie"]I've bought tons of things over amazon, and have never had a problem.slvrraven9

you can complain to amazon about the private sellers because they have a contract with amazon.
Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

At this point I buy _all_ my games on amazon, unless some other retailer has a really good price deal. You can trust them, absolutely.

rb2610

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 rb2610
Member since 2007 • 3325 Posts
I always buy from Amazon, both the main store and private sellers, has always been fine, every thing arrives fine and returning stuff is fine too.
Avatar image for Smokescreened84
Smokescreened84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Smokescreened84
Member since 2005 • 2565 Posts

Amazon is very trustworthy, I've bene buying games, movies and books from Amazon UK for the past few years with no problems at all.

It can be nice to find a hand written thank you note from time to time, a very nice personal touch. Placed an order for a few things, came up to £112.08 this past Tuesday, all from independant sellers who have a contract with Amazon, all but three have arrived so far and all pretty fast, like Oblivion arriving a little over a day after being ordered. Some times it can be a little slow, but that's more the fault of the post service than Amazon and the sellers.

slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 slvrraven9
WOW!! thanks for all the feedback guys. all your imput has really given me the confidence to buy off amazon. im gonna go ahead and give it a shot tonight. do you have to register on the site and become a member or anything like that?
Avatar image for Smokescreened84
Smokescreened84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Smokescreened84
Member since 2005 • 2565 Posts

Aye, you register as a buyer, so debit card or credit card details as well as address for bought items to be sent to and your e-mail address. I'm surprised with how secure Amazon is, I've always been cautious about online shopping, but I have to admit to being highly satisifed with Amazon.

slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 slvrraven9

Aye, you register as a buyer, so debit card or credit card details as well as address for bought items to be sent to and your e-mail address. I'm surprised with how secure Amazon is, I've always been cautious about online shopping, but I have to admit to being highly satisifed with Amazon.

Smokescreened84
Wow, hey thanks a lot man. im about to get registered and buy my first game from there right now. i do admit still though that i dont like the idea of them having my card information on file but i guess i can always cancel if things go wrong..... thanks a lot man!
PerfectEnding

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 PerfectEnding
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Amazon is pretty safe. Never had problems. :)
Avatar image for DecadesOfGaming
DecadesOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#27 DecadesOfGaming
Member since 2007 • 3100 Posts

very safe.. if your buying a brand new game.. just make sure it's advertised as 'sealed'.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

[QUOTE="Smokescreened84"]Aye, you register as a buyer, so debit card or credit card details as well as address for bought items to be sent to and your e-mail address. I'm surprised with how secure Amazon is, I've always been cautious about online shopping, but I have to admit to being highly satisifed with Amazon.

slvrraven9

Wow, hey thanks a lot man. im about to get registered and buy my first game from there right now. i do admit still though that i dont like the idea of them having my card information on file but i guess i can always cancel if things go wrong..... thanks a lot man!

Your card information is absolutely safe with Amazon, even when you buy from third party sellers. The reason for this is because the payment goes through Amazon, ergo, third party sellers never see your card details.

Look at it from this perspective: Amazon are an online retail business. They depend on positive word of mouth advertising. If they were not secure to purchase from, word would spread quickly and they would lose a lot of business. They have to be safe and secure in order for them to continue to successfully function in the market.