How many 10's have been given out since the start of Gamespot?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bukkookkub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 bukkookkub
Member since 2006 • 933 Posts

can you let me know the significance of MGS4 getting a piece of the pie?

GSU28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 GSU28
Member since 2007 • 1608 Posts

Now it is 7, though that number is going to rapidly increase with GameSpot's loss of their critical eye. I can't comment on MGS4, I have not played it. Yet GTA IV, while an amazing game, should not be given a 10.

Iceman8012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#3 Iceman8012
Member since 2004 • 827 Posts
Because MGS4, as with all the other MGS's, have great dialog, graphics, and storytelling. The people at Kojima and Kunami know how to tell a good epic story. Sorry if you can't see that
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 LordAndrew
Member since 2005 • 7355 Posts

Now it is 7, though that number is going to rapidly increase with GameSpot's loss of their critical eye. I can't comment on MGS4, I have not played it. Yet GTA IV, while an amazing game, should not be given a 10.GSU28

The same has been said of Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 and Chrono Cross.

Avatar image for deactivated-62a2a65fd60c7
deactivated-62a2a65fd60c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#5 deactivated-62a2a65fd60c7
Member since 2002 • 370 Posts
6 if you count GTA4 once (360 and PS3). I'm not going to list them, its easy enough to find out yourself, takes three mouse clicks.
abephroman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 abephroman
Member since 2007 • 250 Posts

[QUOTE="GSU28"]Now it is 7, though that number is going to rapidly increase with GameSpot's loss of their critical eye. I can't comment on MGS4, I have not played it. Yet GTA IV, while an amazing game, should not be given a 10.LordAndrew

I disagree. I think both THPS3 and Chrono Cross both deserved a 10. But GTA4, definitely not a 10. MGS4 might be good, but I haven't played it yet. I personally wasn't a big fan of MGS 2 or 3, but I thought 1 was great.

Hulabaloza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 Hulabaloza
Member since 2005 • 1322 Posts

Don't they only grade on half points now? Which means anything over 9.5 in the past would be a 10.

Or we could just chalk up review scores to subjective judgement and stop trying to quantify the incalculable, that is opinion.

hazbazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 hazbazz
Member since 2005 • 7709 Posts
Metal Gear Solid 4
GTA IV
Tony Hawks 3
Zelda OoT
Crono Cross
Soul Callibur
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 LordAndrew
Member since 2005 • 7355 Posts
[QUOTE="LordAndrew"]

[QUOTE="GSU28"]Now it is 7, though that number is going to rapidly increase with GameSpot's loss of their critical eye. I can't comment on MGS4, I have not played it. Yet GTA IV, while an amazing game, should not be given a 10.abephroman

I disagree. I think both THPS3 and Chrono Cross both deserved a 10. But GTA4, definitely not a 10. MGS4 might be good, but I haven't played it yet. I personally wasn't a big fan of MGS 2 or 3, but I thought 1 was great.

Everyone has their own opinions. I'm sure there are many people who disagree with at least one of the 10s that GameSpot has given out in the past.

But I point out THPS3 and Chrono Cross because they're the ones I've seen the most complaints about.

Or we could just chalk up review scores to subjective judgement and stop trying to quantify the incalculable, that is opinion.Hulabaloza

Yep. :)