How do you think resident evil 5 will be when it comes out in May 2009?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

charles1292

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 charles1292
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I think it will be fun becuse i liked the forth one,some people say it's racist because it only has black people zombies.
FrancoFerraro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 FrancoFerraro
Member since 2007 • 87 Posts
going to be freaking awesome, i loved the 4th one and i am still goin through it (18th time) and the game just doesnt bore me! definetly going to get it i am a big fan of RE
Nifty_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Nifty_Shark
Member since 2007 • 13137 Posts
It's the best thing for racists like me
Ninja_T-Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 Ninja_T-Rex
Member since 2008 • 296 Posts

It's the best thing for racists like meNifty_Shark

Hahaha.

It's going to be epic. Game Of The Year. :)

My expectations are soooo high! That's what worries me.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#5 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

Its gonna be awesome. But geez, theres no way they're not going to get sued. The latest cutscene depicted someone RPG'ing an entire town of black people. *facepalm*

Im so fired up for this game, hopefully it doesnt get stopped up by law suits.

charles1292

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 charles1292

Yea it is going to be so good,i cant wait for it.I just wish it would come out earlier because people have already played it and said it was ssooo good..I cant wait.im probably gona preoder it and go at mid-night.

shadowsaint13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 shadowsaint13

The game is going to rock don't get me wrong but will it be better then the 4th? Thats the main Q.

charles1292

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 charles1292
i think it will be better than the 4th because graphics get better over time.it probably be better by a longshot
scythevolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 scythevolf
Epic, it is always exciting to watch one of the characters kick a zombie- bastard (or blow up it or any other assortment of killing methods) I can't wait
viewtiful26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 viewtiful26
Member since 2005 • 2842 Posts

I think it will be fun becuse i liked the forth one,some people say it's racist because it only has black people zombies.charles1292

The whole race issue was thrown out of proportion when Adam Sessler and N'Gai Croal felt it was there civil duty to point out how uncomfortable the game makes them feel. This is a shame too, since they are more knowledgeable about the industry than the average joe who doesn't play video games. I actually made a thread about this the awhile back. You can look through the thread and find links to how the two guys reacted to the game.

Avatar image for ConkerAndBerri2
ConkerAndBerri2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 ConkerAndBerri2
Member since 2008 • 2009 Posts
i thought it came out halloween 2009.
TriangleHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#12 TriangleHard
Member since 2005 • 9097 Posts

Knowing Capcom, I'd say it will feel just like upgrade rather than sequel.

I hated RE4, so I doubt I'll like this one. I'll pass on this game. 

super_police

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 super_police
Member since 2003 • 884 Posts

resident evil has been on a downward slope ever since the second one came out. Taking the zombies out, taking things out of raccoon city, taking out any suspense and replacing everything with ugly visuals and head explosions was certainly the wrong way to take things.

I wont be buying re5 either. I bought re4 and that was mistake enough.

67gt500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 67gt500
Member since 2003 • 4627 Posts

I think a lot of people are going to be really disappointed with it, when it finally comes out...

Nifty_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Nifty_Shark

I think a lot of people are going to be really disappointed with it, when it finally comes out...

67gt500

If they read previews and watched gameplay trailers they have no excuse. They are showing you what will be on the platter. They are not trying to reinvent the game. It is very much a RE4 follow up and if anyone thinks it is more then they will be disappointed.

jjtiebuckle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 jjtiebuckle
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts
[QUOTE="67gt500"]

Nifty_Shark

If they read previews and watched gameplay trailers they have no excuse. They are showing you what will be on the platter. They are not trying to reinvent the game. It is very much a RE4 follow up and if anyone thinks it is more then they will be disappointed.

Even if it's Resident Evil 4 1/2, I'll be around. I loved the fourth because it didn't stick with the same formula as the games before. I just hope they as much with the story as the rest of the game.

creepy_mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 creepy_mike
Member since 2007 • 1092 Posts

Its gonna be awesome. But geez, theres no way they're not going to get sued. The latest cutscene depicted someone RPG'ing an entire town of black people. *facepalm*

Shmiity

I can't believe I just now realized that "Marvel vs. Capcom" sounds exactly like a lawsuit. :P

Seriously, though. Maybe I'm a bit ignorant concerning how this whole business works (odd, considering I live in California) but who exactly would do the suing? I know there've been some incredibly inane lawsuits in the past, but there always seemed to be a victim or massive group of victims who could claim damages of some sort. 

I'm more worried about outright censorship, personally.

Avatar image for TheLegendKnight
TheLegendKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18 TheLegendKnight
Member since 2007 • 1853 Posts
it will be RE4 with better graphics and co-op thats all, it will be the same game so it will be amazingly fun but it wont be goty or anything...
TristanShand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TristanShand
Member since 2008 • 1400 Posts

It'll be great i'm sure. I'll buy all it's shares if I could :P

_AbBaNdOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

#20 _AbBaNdOn
Member since 2005 • 6518 Posts
I think it will be an amazing game. RE4 was the first one that I loved to play. Im not to fond of the new parasite but oh well. I think calling it a racist game just because you are shooting black people is offensive, ignorant, and total fake outrage bullcrap. It would only be racist if the main character was running around going "DIE --------!!!" or "TAKE THIS YOU FILTHY BLACK ANIMAL" CLEARLY that isnt the case and doesnt even come close to that.

Do I expect black people to not even play the game or know anything about it and label it as racism? Hell yeah. Do I expect some ignorant white people to make videos of them playing it and screaming out offensive stuff and being racist? Hell yeah. Is either one of those situations going to bother me?? Well I want to say hell no but honestly yeah both would affect me. Both situations are about ignorance and stupidity and are equally offensive, but I would let the black people beat the living holy hell out of the white kids who make a video like that.

For me the game is going to be about fighting the parasite JUST LIKE THE DEVELOPERS INTENDED.
kyacat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#21 kyacat
Member since 2003 • 4408 Posts
Thought Resident evil 5 come out in March?
Avatar image for forexsystemprof
forexsystemprof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 forexsystemprof
I hope that gameplay will be like in RE 4
wizdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#23 wizdom
Member since 2003 • 10111 Posts

I think it will be fun becuse i liked the forth one,some people say it's racist because it only has black people zombies.charles1292

March is the release date last time I heard, and it will be good game, they aren't straying too far away from the formula that work in RE4 which is good thing and a bad thing for people that hated RE4.

Dutch_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#24 Dutch_Mix
Member since 2005 • 29266 Posts

Shmiity

Never underestimate the hyper-sensitivity of Sharpton, Jackson, and the other race-baiters out there...

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

Thought Resident evil 5 come out in March?kyacat

It does, March 13th to be exact.

DeadlyZodiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DeadlyZodiac
Member since 2007 • 1367 Posts

Can't wait for RE5. I played the hell out of all 3 versions of RE4 and it's one of my favorite games of all time. I was slightly saddened that it moved away from its survival horror roots, but the way it is now is so much fun I don't care anymore.

And yeah it's racist AND sexist. A bunch of black guys all ganging up on a lone white guy and racially undefinable female. Stop hating on the white man and women :cry:

BladesOfAthena

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 BladesOfAthena
Member since 2008 • 3938 Posts

I'm dead certain that it will deliver in spades. Judging from the trailers, the game looks to be an exhilirating joyride and, as Dante so wonderfully put, "one hell of party."

The thought of getting into a tango with Wesker once again makes my heart fluttering with glee.  *places both hands on cheeks and giggles with delight*

charles1292

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 charles1292
Oh, sorry it does come out in march SORRY
Donkey_Puncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Donkey_Puncher
Member since 2005 • 5083 Posts

It's going to be good, but extremely overrated like RE4. 

I want my old RE games back, or atleast the ability to aim and move at the same time.

null_is_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 null_is_zero
Member since 2008 • 614 Posts
Dude, RE5 is going to be AMAZING! Can't wait for it to come out!
Avatar image for insanewolfninja
insanewolfninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#31 insanewolfninja
Member since 2005 • 4919 Posts
I think the overwhelming amount of zombies will make this a very intense game. it will be like resi 4 except just 10 times better.
ExtremeOne316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ExtremeOne316
Member since 2008 • 742 Posts

It comes out in March . I think it will be a awesome game  

OmegaCookie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 237

#33 OmegaCookie7
Member since 2008 • 725 Posts

Can anyone say 2009 GotY.

Actually, probably doesn't stand as big a chance as RE4 did because it won't seem as fresh... but it still has a big chance!

Nifty_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Nifty_Shark

Actually, probably doesn't stand as big a chance as RE4 did because it won't seem as fresh... but it still has a big chance!

OmegaCookie7

Well can someone refresh my mind and tell what other megaton games are coming out that aren't Alan Wake and RE5 next year.

lnternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 lnternet
Member since 2007 • 28 Posts
I think it'll be a good game, while still suffering from the same problem as in RE4, focusing more on action and less on horror survival.
DeadlyZodiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DeadlyZodiac
Member since 2007 • 1367 Posts
[QUOTE="OmegaCookie7"]

Nifty_Shark

Well can someone refresh my mind and tell what other megaton games are coming out that aren't Alan Wake and RE5 next year.

Both FF XIII and Bioshock 2 are TBA 2009. Possibly Mass Effect 2 as well.

jjtiebuckle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#37 jjtiebuckle
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts
Killzone 2 Collectors Edition.
dchan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 dchan01
Member since 2002 • 2768 Posts
I don't know if it can top the bar that RE4 set, but I'm certainly planning on finding out.
Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#39 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts
I kinda miss the old RE style. But, this game will still be sweet as candy.
Avatar image for beastofeast1416
beastofeast1416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40 beastofeast1416
Member since 2008 • 75 Posts

I think for this game to truly be great they need to add the ability to run and shoot, look what mgs4 did last year, it was modernized. It could be pretty good without it, but to be great they need to get rid of the outdated system and make the game more modern. I personally think its a little stubborn to stick with the old and not embrace the advances in gaming.

m3ss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#41 m3ss
Member since 2004 • 1163 Posts
[QUOTE="m3ss"]Anyone else played the demo yet? It includes two "scenes" from the beginning of the game and you can play them in single player, local co-op, or online co-op. So far it basically feels like RE4 + better graphics, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. The controls take a bit of getting used to, but I have a feeling some people might really like the setup. It's nothing revolutionary though. I kind of wish they had added the ability to move while shooting, but I guess it wouldn't be Resident Evil if the developers weren't stubborn to change. The graphics are superb, as to be expected, and some of the new baddies are pretty cool, but what really impressed me with RE4 were the boss fights. Hopefully, RE5 can produce some more memorable boss encounters. From my impressions of the demo, I'm thinking the major addition they wanted to make this time was co-op play. While I haven't had a chance to play with another person yet, the AI for your teammate is excellent. Always covering, there to revive you when you need it, and dealing some damage. It's actually pretty fun to see your teammate save your butt from an incoming axe-wielding hooded maniac. I can only imagine it would be even more enjoyable with a friend. I'm not sure if Capcom has hit it out of the park with RE5, but from the looks of it, they definitely aren't messing anything up. So if you enjoyed RE4, odds are you will love RE5.

Quoting myself from the other RE thread. :lol:
btaylor2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#42 btaylor2404
Member since 2003 • 11353 Posts
I'm very much looking forward to it. As a fan since RE1, I was thrilled with RE4, hope RE5 is as good.
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts
All I know is that Mikami, the guy who made RE4, doesn't want to play it or have any part with it. And, the main guy behind the game, Jun Tachaichi, was very hard to work with, even yelling at the employees and going on shouting matches. But who knows how it will turn out. Usually, games that are made under difficult situations churn out poorer and uninspired games, but I think RE5 will be one of 2009's GOTY contenders...but who knows how it will be reviewed. You know there will be reviewers who jot down the scores because of the older, RE4, mechanics, and cite games like Gears of War for evolving to next-gen gameplay methods. Also, after Gears of War 2, RE5 may underwhelm, just like how Lost Planet seemed underwhelming because of Gears 1. I'm routing for RE5 but it will be tough to compete with the other great action games that came out lately, especially Gears of War 2.
gameguy6700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 gameguy6700
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts
I think that while it will be a great game, it will get it's review scores deducted by about a point and probably lose GOTY due to it's near complete lack of originality.