How Can I Get The Money For A PS3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheNforca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TheNforca
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

I have decided I want to save up for a PS3 and the more videos I search about it, the more I want it. But here in Australia the cheapest price I can get one is $500 for a 160GB bundle with 2 games.

Anyways obviously I want to get a PS3 as soon as possible and at the moment I'm only working at Mcdonalds and get shifts rarely. In a couple of days I'll have a total of $80 but I probably won't make much more after that.

So what can I do as a 17 year old to make $420 more for a PS3?

dramaybaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 dramaybaz
Member since 2005 • 6020 Posts
Wait for your birthday.
TheNforca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TheNforca
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

But thats up in October

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts

But thats up in October

TheNforca
October it is. How else do you think you can get 420 dollars if your job won't help you? Look for something with regular shifts.
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#5 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
Gambling, racketeering, organ selling. Have you ever considered embezzlement? Just putting it out there!
carlotheblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 carlotheblue
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Rent boys make a HECK of a lot of money... *cough* Err, so I hear anyway... *cough*
no1alboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 no1alboogie
Member since 2003 • 1360 Posts

Ask your neighbors if they have any odd jobs that you could do for them, tell them why ( might get a big freindly $tip$ ). If you find any, do the best job you can can (don't half-a** anything ) and they might tell some of their freinds about you [ they only will, if you do an excellent job of whatever it might be ( mo money and possible $tips$)].....about everybodythat lives in a house needs some kind of yardwork done ..... all else fails get another part-time job for the days you're offfrom the first one ... it can be done ... if you really want it ... good luck

flowersjf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 flowersjf
Member since 2008 • 2856 Posts
The only thing I can tell you is to look for a different job that will give you better shifts.
dkdk999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 dkdk999
Member since 2007 • 6754 Posts

at the moment I'm only working at Mcdonalds and get shifts rarely. In a couple of days I'll have a total of $80 but I probably won't make much more after that.

TheNforca
get a better job than that man. You can actually make some decent money with some jobs.
VivaRevolucion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 VivaRevolucion
Member since 2009 • 175 Posts

I'm a 22 year old college student who some how got his name around the neighborhood helping the old folks with computer problems... I make as much as any other part time job just doing that.

Basically, just get around, and get to know people in your area. Eventually something will come up. I've done roofing, gutters, paint, paving and even a few odd jobs at the local library because I volunteered their a few times. Just get out, don't cost money to walk a few miles and browse places of interest. As for an actual full-time/well paying job? Well, I don't know how things are in Australia (Probably not much different than anywhere else in the world atm I'd assume.). And if it is anything like it is here, (Especially in CA which is where I sadly reside), don't expect a whole lot without some kind of training or degree, that GED and HS Diploma don't cut it no more. Goooood luck.

mAnIk800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 mAnIk800
Member since 2009 • 188 Posts

Pimpin aint easy lol and i dont like the laws for being busted with drugs there...slap on the wrist ova in NZ lol

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44679 Posts
collect aluminum cans and bottles, lots of them
Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
Summer job.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Take your parents lawn mower and go door to door and offer to mow some yards once a week. Plenty of money in landscaping.

drochnathair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 drochnathair
Member since 2008 • 412 Posts

I'm not exactly sure of the rules in Australia regarding minors working, but couldn't you get a part time job? If all you want is the PS3, it shouldn't take you all that long save up the $500, even at minimum wage.

Edit: Whoops, reread and saw you already have one. My mistake trying to post before I get coffee in me. Anyway, just gotta set some priorities. If you want something more expensive, gotta cut back on other stuff for a few weeks. You'll get the cash eventually, and it'll be all the sweeter for having to wait.

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4vs-WBD-Gk&feature=related

all i recommend you do :P

jk jk just get a part time job

space_monkey69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 space_monkey69
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

LOL at the person who said summer job ... as I am pretty sure Australia is coming upon winter. Anyway, my advise would be pretty much the same as everyone else on here, which would be to find a more consistent part-time job and to cut back on luxuries until you same up enough money for a PS3.