TheRoyalCowKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TheRoyalCowKing
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

You know those moments in movies where the main character is hiding from some horrifying robot/monster? And the monster just bearly passes by the main character without noticing him. Like the scene in war of the worlds where the 3 people are in the basement and the tentacle eye thing is looking for them?

I am thinking of a game like that, almost like a stealth hide and seek game. Any Ideas?

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

pretty much every stealth game is like that, so I really have no idea what your point is.

thelordofpies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 thelordofpies
Member since 2011 • 869 Posts

Try the new Alien game.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@theroyalcowking: Back in the day, this was the less common type of horror game. The tendancy was more towards "survival horror" which meant you had some capacity to fight back. However, recently newer horror games have been putting a higher emphasis on the "horror" aspect of the game. Here's a list of games I can think of where you have either a limited capacity to fight back or no choice whatsoever to hide.

PS1:

Clock Tower 1 and 2 (some of the earliest examples). These games were intentionally structured like a slasher flic. At best there were environmental traps you could use to buy time for you to run.

Wii:

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories (you can hide or use flares to fend off attackers, but you cannot fight them).

PS2:

Haunting Groud (you have a trained dog who can fight on your behalf but you cannot kill your attacker). This game is actually a spinoff of the Clock Tower series.
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories (port of the Wii game).

PC:

Among the Sleep (horror game where you play a toddler looking for your mother to whom which something horrible may have happened). Also on PS4
The "Penumbra" series: Precursors to the Amnesia series of games where you have almost no ability to fight threats.
The Amnesia games: The first one is excellent and I haven't beaten the second one but it seems decent.
Outlast: Pretty decent "jump-scare" heavy horror game where your own choice is to hide when threats are present. It also has an expansion DLC that extends the story and it was also released on various current gen consoles.
Alien Isolation: The latest game to use this mechanic that I'm aware of and the one mentioned by the other posters.

-Byshop

i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 i-rock-socks
Member since 2007 • 3826 Posts

I remember a game called run like hell fitting that description, if memory serves me well

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

SIren Blood Curse on PS3

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#7 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

Give Outlast a try. It's pretty damned good. I still have to get the DLC, though.

TrevorZyla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TrevorZyla
Member since 2015 • 76 Posts

Outlast does that, Amnesia is also similar, I think the best to have done it though in a long time is Alien: Isolation. Lots of games that are like that.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

Echo Night: Beyond, Outlast (The DLC is trash), Alien Isolation, Amnesia and just for the lolz, try Miasmata

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#10 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Outlast is like that but it's very mediocre in most ways.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

Outlast and Alien Isolation are the first two that come to mind.