Have You Played Shadow of Colossus?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ultima_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Ultima_5
Member since 2008 • 1614 Posts

If not, then you should check out amazon's deal of the day. Shadow of Colossus for only $10! I havent played this game yet, but i think $10 is a good deal.

Just wondering if im the only one who is going to order it :) ?

hajimejoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 hajimejoe
Member since 2008 • 192 Posts
best looking ps2 game
sAndroid17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 sAndroid17
Member since 2005 • 8715 Posts
that is an awesome deal, and an awesome game! i wont order it because i have it. but you def should :)
tony2077ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 tony2077ca
Member since 2005 • 5242 Posts
i have it too should really finish it
GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts

Yep, and its horrible. Have fun being ****ed by an idiotic camera system and broken game controls.

Robio_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#6 Robio_basic
Member since 2002 • 7059 Posts
I'm still holdng out for Lego Shadow of the Colossus. I hope they use color in it too.
AmidstTheLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 AmidstTheLight
Member since 2008 • 207 Posts
You won't regret it, because it is a really good game. Plus the team that made SotC and Ico is making a third game exclusive that will most likely tie in the previous games. So you should play SotC and Ico if you haven't to experience the story.
MentatAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MentatAssassin
Member since 2005 • 3007 Posts
Nope, cant say I have.
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#9 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts
I had the pleasure of playing it right before I sold my PS2. SoTC was the game last gen that gave me the most "Oh damn!!" moments.
thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts
No.
gamingqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#11 gamingqueen
Member since 2004 • 31076 Posts

Yep, and its horrible. Have fun being ****ed by an idiotic camera system and broken game controls.GodModeEnabled

Actually both camera and controls weren't bad at all. I've played games with bad camera and controls that prevent gamers from completing those games so sotc's camera issues compared to those games are almost none existent.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#12 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
I have, but I don't share the same opinion as most people - I think it's too much game for the PS2 to handle, the developers were overly ambitious, and the end result is a fantastic concept but an awkward and often frustrating game.
dangerd0g24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dangerd0g24
Member since 2008 • 1455 Posts
i own a copy of that game. i bought it at target for $20 about a year and a half ago.
lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 lordlors
Member since 2004 • 6128 Posts
No and i have no plan to as i don't have a ps2 BUT i bought the Shadow of the Colossus Roar of the Earth (OST) because i love the music.
S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16 S0lidSnake
Member since 2002 • 29001 Posts

Game of the gen for me. And I'm a MGS fan!

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GodModeEnabled

[QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"]Yep, and its horrible. Have fun being ****ed by an idiotic camera system and broken game controls.gamingqueen

Actually both camera and controls weren't bad at all. I've played games with bad camera and controls that prevent gamers from completing those games so sotc's camera issues compared to those games are almost none existent.

Thats kinda like saying would you rather jump into a dumptruck full of crap or a swimming pool full of urine, either way you gotta jump, and either way it sucks.
S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 S0lidSnake
[QUOTE="gamingqueen"]

[QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"]Yep, and its horrible. Have fun being ****ed by an idiotic camera system and broken game controls.GodModeEnabled

Thats kinda like saying would you rather jump into a dumptruck full of crap or a swimming pool full of urine, either way you gotta jump, and either way it sucks.

lol, not really. You took what queen said totally out of context.  

"Actually both camera and controls weren't bad at all. " "so sotc's camera issues compared to those games are almost non existent."

Which is kinda like saying would you rather jump into a dumptruck full of crap or a swimming pool full of half naked girls. swimming in a pool full of half naked girls isnt bat at all,  and the chances of you picking pile of crap over pile of hot girls are almost non existant.

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts

"Actually both camera and controls weren't bad at all. " "so sotc's camera issues compared to those games are almost non existent."

Which is kinda like saying would you rather jump into a dumptruck full of crap or a swimming pool full of half naked girls. swimming in a pool full of half naked girls isnt bat at all,  and the chances of you picking pile of crap over pile of hot girls are almost non existant.S0lidSnake

SotC's controls and camera were all right, but not as good as a swimming pool full of half-naked girls. Actually, they were quite flawed, but weren't a game-breaker. More like an empty pool with lukewarm water and a little algae in it.
S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 S0lidSnake
[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

Which is kinda like saying would you rather jump into a dumptruck full of crap or a swimming pool full of half naked girls. swimming in a pool full of half naked girls isnt bat at all, and the chances of you picking pile of crap over pile of hot girls are almost non existant.Cherokee_Jack

SotC's controls and camera were all right, but not as good as a swimming pool full of half-naked girls. Actually, they were quite flawed, but weren't a game-breaker. More like an empty pool with lukewarm water and a little algae in it.

I was just using metaphors to explain what gamingqueen was saying. :P

IMO There were definitly control and camera issues with the game, but the game didnt suffer from them. 

gamingqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 gamingqueen

Men... :P

To godmode: I finished the game four times and in all modes including HTA. If the controls were problematic then beating a colossi in under 5 minutes would be impossible which is something many gamers did.

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GodModeEnabled
I dunno im glad you guys enjyoed the game, but I had to drop it around colossus number 7 it was just too frustrating of an experience for me. I liked some of the design, the graphics and the adventure feel but felt the core control and camera ruined it for me. I will go on record though as saying it had perhaps the best soundtrack of any game ever. I have high hopes the Team Ico game coming on the PS3 though, I feel with the powerfull hardware they may be able to accomplish something really crazy.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#23 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Yes, yes I have. I think about eleven times now (not to mention the hours I've spent riding around the Forbidden Lands on Agro just exploring). One of my most favourite games. I don't have an issue with the camera or controls... I play the game for its atmosphere, scale and story. That and there is no other game like it out there.
S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 S0lidSnake

I dunno im glad you guys enjyoed the game, but I had to drop it around colossus number 7 it was just too frustrating of an experience for me. I liked some of the design, the graphics and the adventure feel but felt the core control and camera ruined it for me. I will go on record though as saying it had perhaps the best soundtrack of any game ever. I have high hopes the Team Ico game coming on the PS3 though, I feel with the powerfull hardware they may be able to accomplish something really crazy.GodModeEnabled

You sir are a champion in my book! :)

Make sure you check out vids of the game up on youtube. The game gets really epic towards the end. The ending is probably a bit of a letdown, but brilliant on repeated viewings. 

UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#25 UpInFlames
Member since 2004 • 13301 Posts

Yes. I played through it four times. I love it so much I recently bought a copy even though I don't own a PS2 (I also bought Okami). It's just one of those games I felt I had to own.

The game definitely has camera/control issues, but I found these issues completely irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

homegirl2180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26 homegirl2180
Member since 2004 • 7161 Posts
I own it, haven't played it beyond slaying the first colossus. I'll get to it eventually.
Jodan77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 Jodan77
Member since 2005 • 2567 Posts
Yes. One of the best games released last gen imho.
ND_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ND_basic
Member since 2002 • 1303 Posts
any1 who has NOT played ths game... doesnt know wht team ico is capable of and hav no idea wht they r missing... this is the best game on the ps2 IMO...
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
Yes and i didn't notice any camera issues :?
Fredrick2003x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Fredrick2003x
Member since 2005 • 2056 Posts
One of my favorite games on the Playstation 2 and definitely one of my favorite games of all time.
Locke562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Locke562
Member since 2004 • 7673 Posts
One of the best games released on the Playstation 2.
Avatar image for deactivated-58319077a6477
deactivated-58319077a6477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-58319077a6477
Member since 2007 • 4954 Posts
I don't but I'm thinking of buying it.
Nifty_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Nifty_Shark
Member since 2007 • 13137 Posts
I have 3 or 4 battles left. It's really good but there are too many technical problems with it because the PS2 simply wasn't strong enough.
sAndroid17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 sAndroid17
Member since 2005 • 8715 Posts
Yes and i didn't notice any camera issues :?X360PS3AMD05
either did i.":|
Code_Geass_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Code_Geass_CC
Member since 2008 • 2703 Posts
I love this game :D Im not that great, but Im good enough that I got the queens sword.
MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#36 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts

It's an amazing game.. I just started my second playthrough. I had some serious control issues with the camera until I inverted both horizontal and vertical camera controls. It feels more natural to me that way. The controls aren't the best, since I don't think you should have to hold a button the whole time to grip something.. that gets tiring. But otherwise I didn't really have an issue.

The only problem I have now is playing it on an HDTV through my PS3.. the game looks really, really bad. At least with a tube TV, most of the graphical shortcomings of the game were covered up thanks to a blurry image.

Dolacide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37 Dolacide
Member since 2006 • 1758 Posts
I played it, loved it, and go back and beat it every now and then. Still waiting for word on their PS3 game.
Nifty_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Nifty_Shark
Member since 2007 • 13137 Posts
Alright. I'm on the last boss and it is a pain climbing on him.
Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#39 deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts
A memorable, breathtaking experience. One of the absolute best games on the PS2.
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#40 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

played it and managed to enjoy its full awesomeness. i never had any issues with the controls. infact i thought they were quite intuitive (i liked hanging on to the controller for dear life just like the character hanged on to the colossi). yes, there were light camera issues, but they only occured during exploration when you cant die. i never really had any slow downs since i played it on a launch ps3, though i could understand the annoyance to those who didnt get that pleasure.

but really, any minor occasional flaw in the game was vastly overshadowed by a colossus of amazing features. the artsyle and soundtrack made for an amazing atmosphere. every frame looks like it could be a portait. the boss fights are among my favorites of all time. the story and characters were simple, but injected with humanity.

MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#41 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts
Alright. I'm on the last boss and it is a pain climbing on him.Nifty_Shark
I think that boss took me like two hours to beat :|
super_police

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 super_police
Member since 2003 • 884 Posts

Colossus was a major let down for me. As early words started flowing out about it, I kept getting excited and just about every new screenshot released became my desktop background for a time. Then (unlike my usual habit of waiting for price drops) I even paid full price for the game. When I got it home I definitely was impressed by how large the world was (as well as how large the colossi were) and promptly killed the first three. I was still pretty satisfied up to that point. But after that I realized that the game ultimately didnt have much more to offer. A few months later I started killing more of them but the initial magic spell it had me under was gone.

Then I started getting to some of the bosses and the game itself gave only vague poetry on how to attack them, it was always some obscure method that I wouldnt have thought of. Ultimately I had to use a guide to defeat 8 of the beasts (I'm pretty smart, so if I need to use a guide to figure things out I generally attribute it to a failure of the design) this hampered much of the experience. I tried exploring but I found that while the world was well designed the complete lack of company, dialogue brought me down. If there had been villages full of other people, that I could help or save or do quests for, if there were animals to observe other than just the lizards and the occasional bird, some benefit of exploration.. that would have kept the game in my good graces for sure, unfortunately for me the game was most exciting when it was just a screenshot.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts
I actually loved the sense of solitude the game world created. Maybe it was just a nice change from being wedged into a crowded train car at rush hour twice a day. After i finished off the Colossi i would just ride around enjoying the view, shooting the tails off lizards. Actually, I think this was the best part for me. It was so relaxing. And it really felt like the developers were consciously designing postcard moments into this game's backgrounds. I'd typically ride around for a few minutes to as long as an hour each day, always finding a new spot to enjoy. Good times. Hanging onto the back of a flying Colossus as soared through the air is still probably the best boss moment ever for me.
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts
This game is one of PS2's best games, and one of the best I've even played. It's definitely worth more than $10. Only bad thing is it can be passed under 8 hours. Which is good and bad. Bad because, although worth it, I payed $40 for it. Good because since it's a artistic game, I can forgive the short length.
gamingqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 gamingqueen

Colossus was a major let down for me. As early words started flowing out about it, I kept getting excited and just about every new screenshot released became my desktop background for a time. Then (unlike my usual habit of waiting for price drops) I even paid full price for the game. When I got it home I definitely was impressed by how large the world was (as well as how large the colossi were) and promptly killed the first three. I was still pretty satisfied up to that point. But after that I realized that the game ultimately didnt have much more to offer. A few months later I started killing more of them but the initial magic spell it had me under was gone.

Then I started getting to some of the bosses and the game itself gave only vague poetry on how to attack them, it was always some obscure method that I wouldnt have thought of. Ultimately I had to use a guide to defeat 8 of the beasts (I'm pretty smart, so if I need to use a guide to figure things out I generally attribute it to a failure of the design) this hampered much of the experience. I tried exploring but I found that while the world was well designed the complete lack of company, dialogue brought me down. If there had been villages full of other people, that I could help or save or do quests for, if there were animals to observe other than just the lizards and the occasional bird, some benefit of exploration.. that would have kept the game in my good graces for sure, unfortunately for me the game was most exciting when it was just a screenshot.

super_police

Well the game was designed to be like that. They could add people and villages and all the things you mentioned but they didn't because Ueda had a vision in his mind and he could convey that vision with the simple means he had.

You need to read the story btw. The setting is called "The forbidden land" for a reason hence there's no company.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#46 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts
Yeah it's one of my favorite games. I can't wait for Team Ico to make the next game in the series.