Has there ever been a videogame that has changed your life???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AnalogOdyssey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

User Lists: 0

#1 AnalogOdyssey
Member since 2007 • 746 Posts
Has there ever been a game that after you played it you were like wow I never thought of the world that way or it was a great game and helped you or something???
sabbath2gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 sabbath2gamer
Member since 2007 • 2515 Posts
Bully :evil:
SuprLuigi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 SuprLuigi
Member since 2007 • 116 Posts
Ocarina of time defined my chilhood in gaming.
bell_103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 bell_103
Member since 2005 • 148 Posts
Oh my yes, CS:S can make me laugh or cry and has changed the way I view the world, alought really that's due to the people that I've met through CS:S. But then again, I believe that gaming isn't just about the frags, it's about the people that you meet and share the experiances with.
salty500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 salty500
Member since 2004 • 205 Posts

Counterstrike without a doubt, without that game I would be a happy member of society lol, tookme many years ( about 7)to wean myself of that game and get my life back haha :D

salty500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 salty500
Member since 2004 • 205 Posts

Oh my yes, CS:S can make me laugh or cry and has changed the way I view the world, alought really that's due to the people that I've met through CS:S. But then again, I believe that gaming isn't just about the frags, it's about the people that you meet and share the experiances with. bell_103

So true no other game to this date makesme so nurvouse and emotional when playing a clan match,

Splinter_Cell3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Splinter_Cell3
Member since 2007 • 31 Posts

Three words: Halo: Combat Evolved. That game, I think, gave new meaning to Xbox, to First Person Shooters, and to gamers everywhere. And I think anyone who has played it knows that it changed them somehow.

andytimtim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 andytimtim
Member since 2003 • 995 Posts
Die hard triliogy game was the first game I played for what must've seemed like an eon. Was simply great for its time.
Pinb0t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Pinb0t
Member since 2007 • 615 Posts
OoT, CS, then Guildwars. Those are the only 3 games that have really changed my life. LoZ: TP made me a hermit for about a week but that wasn't too bad compared to what OoT and CS have done to me.
Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Belegorm
Member since 2006 • 1029 Posts

Well, duh, obviously the first game I ever bought! And for me, that happened to be Age of Empires II. Man I loved that game. The thing is, it made me a gamer.

The Zelda games were a big influence, but while I played some ALttP first, the one that really made a difference was OOT.

SuprLuigi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SuprLuigi
Member since 2007 • 116 Posts

Three words: Halo: Combat Evolved. That game, I think, gave new meaning to Xbox, to First Person Shooters, and to gamers everywhere. And I think anyone who has played it knows that it changed them somehow.

Splinter_Cell3

The second one kind of did that.

simoomt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 simoomt
Member since 2006 • 87 Posts
WoW, not cause it taught me any great lessons by which to live, but because otherwise I would have at a lot more free time in the last 2 and a half years.
ShadowMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ShadowMountain
Member since 2006 • 211 Posts
Well I'd have to say that Sonic the Hedgehog was inspiration for me to become a semi-pro runner. My first video game experiance ever was when my cousin showed me Sonic 2 on the Genesis. Since then, Sonic has been one of my favorite franchises of all time (depressed about the new games though, except Rush) and seeing this cool, blue dude speed across the screen made me want to be like him;just running really fast, whether for competion, practice or just for the hell of it.
brodelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 brodelin
Member since 2005 • 583 Posts

Resident Evil 1. That game made me buy my first console. Since then I bought PS2, xbox, xbox360 and a Wii. I have played pretty much all the good games but the Resident Evil series is my most cherished gaming experience, even though the gameplay mechanics were all the same in everyone except for RE 4.

jak10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jak10
Member since 2006 • 22272 Posts
the legacy of kain games
The_PirateKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 The_PirateKing
Member since 2005 • 9714 Posts
~-~Shadow of the Colossus. It made me ask myself, "why do most stories suck compared to this?" So, I started studying about plot lines and why people fail at making them. Of course, I didn't know where to look, so I just had to figure it out on my own. (I figured that if there was a place to look then more people would be writing better stories.) So I just analyzed everything I saw/ read/ played. I thought what killed it and what saved it. I think I figured out some stuff, but I can't know for sure until I test it. I really should be writing right now.:?~-~
ananda81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ananda81
Member since 2005 • 3332 Posts

- The Secret Of Monkey Island

- Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

jedi_marcos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jedi_marcos
Member since 2005 • 4652 Posts

Sonic(Sega Genesis) and Army Men 3D(PS) is why i am gamer today,those games rocked!also Marvel Vs Capcom...

ryanstoy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 ryanstoy91
Member since 2003 • 350 Posts

Sonic the Hedgehog, Mario, Pokemond and Elder Scrolls defined my video game childhood.

majadamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#20 majadamus
Member since 2003 • 10292 Posts
Phantasy Star Online. Playing it so much made me lose a lot of friends by ignoring them....meh...it was worth it.
Macolele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Macolele
Member since 2006 • 534 Posts

I play adventure game too much, so I'm good at math.

CooVee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 CooVee
Member since 2005 • 2161 Posts
Well I guess you could say FPS games such as Halo and Halo 2 helped me refine my hand eye coordination. Twitch reflexes and all that jazz (even if auto-aim is assisting).
dchan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 dchan01
Member since 2002 • 2768 Posts

Sierra games taught me to saveevery ten secondswhich saved me a ton of grief in school.

The Longest Journey proved to me that gaming could become an artform as powerful as movies or books.

The shear heart of Skies of Arcadia prevented me from quitting gaming altogether when I was sure gaming had gone toocasual to ever release anything worthwhile again.

LucasArts adventure games lured me into the industry.

ninnanuam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ninnanuam
Member since 2002 • 872 Posts

Without a doubt Street Fighter 2, Up until then Videogames for me were a single player past time a big part of my time but something i did on my own. SF2 had a community it had me making gamer friends and going to local comps. From there I got into other games with communities like Warcraft and starcraft, CS, then MMO's.

I probably would just be some idiot car nut without SF2

shinian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25 shinian
Member since 2005 • 6871 Posts
No. Video games are just a form of entertainmet for me.