Guitar Hero IV Enhanced Guitar Controller Pic! (Clearly One New Addition!)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Snyder_Trigger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Snyder_Trigger
Member since 2007 • 207 Posts

I took the pic from www.guitarhero.com and enhanced it in photoshop so you can see the features better. You can clearly see that there are 5 new fret buttons higher up the neck. Also, notice the strange metallic bar next to the wammy. It also seems that there are two hooks for the guitar strap on both sides...weird.

Discuss?

Wilkins_III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Wilkins_III
Member since 2008 • 497 Posts
The reason for the two hooks is presumably so left-handed players can use the strap as it was supposed to be used as well as those right-handed.
erawsd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 erawsd
Member since 2002 • 6930 Posts
So if they add new "Features" to the GH4 Guitar, does that mean the old guitar won't be compatible?
ShenlongBo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 ShenlongBo
Member since 2004 • 3800 Posts
So if they add new "Features" to the GH4 Guitar, does that mean the old guitar won't be compatible? H3LLRaiseR
Can't be sure, but I doubt it. Chances are, the old controllers will work with the new game, but the new controller will just be more accommodating all around - for GH4 and the previous games.
Snyder_Trigger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Snyder_Trigger
Member since 2007 • 207 Posts

So if they add new "Features" to the GH4 Guitar, does that mean the old guitar won't be compatible? H3LLRaiseR

Yeah, in my GameInformer magazine they had a cover story on GH4 and they said the old controller will work, but you wont be able to use the new feature.

hazbazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 hazbazz
Member since 2005 • 7709 Posts
1. If those higher fret buttons are used for custom solos, thats one more thing GH coppied from RB.
2. I reckon the shiny thing will be decoration only
3. The 2 strap hooks are so you can lefty flip the guitar. GHIII's Les Paul had 2 hooks too (one was behind the neck)
suikoden352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 suikoden352
Member since 2004 • 808 Posts
as long as they make the guitar compatible w/ rock band then i'm good w/ it cuz i honestly prefer the guitar hero guitars alot more than i do the rock band ones. the rock band ones just seem too flimsy and the buttons and strum bar just don' seem right to me all so i just don't use the rock band one really
Hulabaloza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Hulabaloza
Member since 2005 • 1322 Posts

This series jumped the shark with #3, for me. I didn't like 3 as much as 2 and have almost no interest in 4 at this point.

I definitely won't buy it if it requires a new guitar.

spyrofan_sp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 spyrofan_sp
Member since 2008 • 323 Posts
are they really making a 4? wow i need to start saving some money
jim_shorts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#10 jim_shorts
Member since 2006 • 7320 Posts

This series jumped the shark with #3, for me. I didn't like 3 as much as 2 and have almost no interest in 4 at this point.

I definitely won't buy it if it requires a new guitar.

Hulabaloza
That's Neversoft for you. They're just trying to milk this series dry. As for the new controller, I'm probably just going to use my old Les Paul.