Guitar Hero 3... too hard for a beginner? Waste of an X-mas pressie???...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GaZZuM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 GaZZuM
Member since 2006 • 151 Posts

So on Saturday i went to my girlfriend's house and find out her brother got Guitar Hero 2 for the PS2, so I had a go on a few of the beginner tracks and it was SUPER fun. I've never had a console that had a Guitar Hero game on it so I missed the whole craze, but now Guitar Hero 3 is out for the Wii and I thought it might be the perfect Christmas present... but I hear it's WAY hard...

Cos I don't have access to any other Guitar Hero games should I just go with 3 and have as much fun as I can with that or should I not bother and get something else for Crimbo?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
It is only hard to start, practice makes perfect. It is one of the most accessible rhythm games available on the market. You want "hard" rhythm games try out Beatmania, Guitar Freaks or Drummania
Avatar image for deactivated-5e7f221e304c9
deactivated-5e7f221e304c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 deactivated-5e7f221e304c9
Member since 2004 • 14645 Posts
It only gets hard when you get onto medium, then it's challenging when you begin medium. Hard is very hard to move up to, but expert is easy to move up to.
Funkyhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Funkyhamster
Member since 2005 • 17366 Posts

It is only hard to start, practice makes perfect. It is one of the most accessible rhythm games available on the market. You want "hard" rhythm games try out Beatmania, Guitar Freaks or Drummaniafoxhound_fox

What about Stepmania? 15-foot songs and such are pretty darn hard... but yeah, Guitar Hero 3 can't be too much differen't difficulty-wise from the other two...

j3v1zzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 j3v1zzle
Member since 2007 • 595 Posts
I'd say it's only hard when you start off. You'll get a feel for it soon.
dchan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 dchan01
Member since 2002 • 2768 Posts

It's unfortunate that the Guitar Hero series is heading in the ultra-difficult direction. Each release is making the game less and less accessible and fun.