Graphic style for the next Zelda game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Laughing_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Laughing_God
Member since 2008 • 473 Posts

What graphic style would you like for the next zelda game? with the next gen WII U graphic engine.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

not the realistic style like Twilight Princess or the HD demo.

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

Either like that HD tech demo or Wind Waker style. Or a completely new art style (a 2D graphics style would have been quite a shocker I guess).

Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 5

#4 Namgis
Member since 2009 • 3592 Posts

While I know many people wont like it, I feel a Steampunk style would do nicely.

Steampunk Zelda: It Could Work!

I found this to be a decent read and it made some good points.

Laughing_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Laughing_God
Member since 2008 • 473 Posts

Either like that HD tech demo or Wind Waker style. Or a completely new art style (a 2D graphics style would have been quite a shocker I guess).

nameless12345

What hd tech demo? you mean ocarnia of time in hd? like the 3ds?

D1zzyCriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 D1zzyCriminal
Member since 2009 • 1839 Posts

I would like to see Skyward Sword-esque with some real power behind it. It just had too many corners cut, blurry distance, bad textures, half assed effects. Its not up to the standard that Twilight Princess or Wind Waker was at its time due tot he the lack of power.

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nameless12345

[QUOTE="nameless12345"]

Laughing_God

What hd tech demo? you mean ocarnia of time in hd? like the 3ds?

No, I mean this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27Lf4uVuE50

Was shown at last year's E3.

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 nameless12345

I would like to see Skyward Sword-esque with some real power behind it. It just had too many corners cut, blurry distance, bad textures, half assed effects. Its not up to the standard that Twilight Princess or Wind Waker was at its time due tot he the lack of power.

D1zzyCriminal

I know what you mean. This is what Skyward Sword could look like with next-gen graphics (or close to it):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJv1-JDm-hs

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#9 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

it would really depend on the gameplay. the best looking zelda games are the ones where the art direction matches the gameplay.

although honestly, i wasnt a big fan of the plastic-y twilight princess nintendo showed off as a wii u tech demo. it looked like ken saving barbie. if they go the realistic route for the sake of "teh HD", theyll have to take it farther than the highly characterized faces of TP and do more with textures.

tjricardo089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tjricardo089
Member since 2010 • 7429 Posts

I liked the HD demo.

SuperMichael64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SuperMichael64
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Its tough because the most memorable Zelda game is Ocarina of Time, but the graphic style of the game should improve along with improvements in the game system. Maybe some sort of collection of them all, with different temples being different graphic styles in each one. GameRevive.com - Selling video games online has never been easier
Avatar image for JayQproductions
JayQproductions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JayQproductions
Member since 2007 • 1806 Posts

hopefully they drop the cratoony kiddie crap and make a good realistic looking Zelda game now that they can do HD.

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
Honestly I'd be happy with any of them. I have yet to play a Zelda game with bad visual design. I would support a return of the WW style, or SS style, or the TP style. I have no preference.
TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TheFallenDemon
Member since 2010 • 13933 Posts

As long as I finally get my female Link, I'll be happy with any visual design.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#15 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
HD Demo. It would be dumb of them not to.. We already got Skyward Sword art style, it's time to go back to HD style again.
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#16 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
The HD demo actually had a pretty unique art styIe.
MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#17 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

My first choice would be the art style of Twilight Princess. But the watercolor-like style of Skyward Sword was pretty cool, too.

Brockbfball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 Brockbfball
Member since 2006 • 30 Posts

I was personally a big fan of TP's art style. Not that I didn't' like WW or SS, but I do kind of want a grittier "mature" Zelda art style I guess you could call it.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#20 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
I'd like something stylistic and unique. Expressionism and surrealism art styles would be great if translated well to the video game world. I wouldn't mind a cel shaded/watercolour style either.
PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#21 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

I would love a 1080p version of Skyward Swords art style.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

not the realistic style like Twilight Princess or the HD demo.

Pikminmaniac

lol explain how that is "realistic".

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Elann2008

The HD demo actually had a pretty unique art styIe.Minishdriveby
Yup. But people completely ignored that because they saw tech demo and HD. Ugh. The art styIe is still there. Because a unique visual art styIe cannot be in HD! Omg!

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 LoG-Sacrament

[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"]The HD demo actually had a pretty unique art styIe.Elann2008

Yup. But people completely ignored that because they saw tech demo and HD. Ugh. The art styIe is still there. Because a unique visual art styIe cannot be in HD! Omg!

it was just an upscaled twilight princess with some new technical effects (which were the highlight of the demo more than showing off the TP art direction again). it looked worse because the lack of texture work (again, visuals originally intended for the gcn) in conjunction with the new focus on the lighting made link look waxy.

but hey, whatever easy catch phrase makes you feel better.

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

Who cares it's Zelda.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44376 Posts
Definately like the Wii U demo they showed.
chilly-chill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 chilly-chill
Member since 2010 • 8902 Posts
who cares?
HadronVulture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 HadronVulture
Member since 2012 • 198 Posts
A realistic looking Zelda game would be nice.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Elann2008
[QUOTE="Elann2008"]

[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"]The HD demo actually had a pretty unique art styIe.LoG-Sacrament

it was just an upscaled twilight princess with some new technical effects (which were the highlight of the demo more than showing off the TP art direction again). it looked worse because the lack of texture work (again, visuals originally intended for the gcn) in conjunction with the new focus on the lighting made link look waxy.

Again, it was a Tech Demo. You should know that tech demo's don't usually translate into what the next game will look like. Don't get your panties in a knot.
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 LoG-Sacrament
[QUOTE="Elann2008"] Again, it was a Tech Demo. You should know that tech demo's don't usually translate into what the next game will look like. Don't get your panties in a knot.

i literally just said in my last post that the point of the tech demo was to show off the technical effects.
Menalque2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Menalque2
Member since 2007 • 2630 Posts

I'd like a non cel-chaded Zelda that still retains the expressive character animations of the cel-shaded games. TP and SS were severely lacking on this one.

And please God, no steampunk. We pretty much already got that in the last four instalments anyway. I'd love a more straight medieval setting for Zelda - even more medieval than Ocarina, but with a more interesting story. (sorry, I know I'm kind of veering off-topic)

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#32 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

[QUOTE="Elann2008"]

[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"]The HD demo actually had a pretty unique art styIe.LoG-Sacrament

I liked the "waxy" look of Link in that tech demo. Just the colors they used making everything bright (Link's hair, tunic, navi, Gohma's eye) and yet dark (the environment) was just really interesting. The lack of texture on Link was I suppose one of the reason's I found the demo unique.

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 LoG-Sacrament

[QUOTE="LoG-Sacrament"][QUOTE="Elann2008"] Yup. But people completely ignored that because they saw tech demo and HD. Ugh. The art styIe is still there. Because a unique visual art styIe cannot be in HD! Omg!

Minishdriveby

I liked the "waxy" look of Link in that tech demo. Just the colors they used making everything bright (Link's hair, tunic, navi, Gohma's eye) and yet dark (the environment) was just really interesting. The lack of texture on Link was I suppose one of the reason's I found the demo unique.

i thought skyward sword did a much better job at emphasizing color. it didnt have the weird sheen effect to highlight the characters' physical forms. the wii u tech demo reminded me a lot of the early 360 games where everybody looked like a doll.