Gonna buy a dreamcast which games should I get?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jackal527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Jackal527
Member since 2009 • 35 Posts
So which games should I get? Which are the best ones out there for the dreamcast?
allnamestaken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 allnamestaken
Member since 2003 • 6618 Posts
Seaman, Shenmue, Power Stone, Skies of Arcadia I'd say Marvel vs. Capcom 2, but you may just want to get this on the XBL arcade if you have the means.
jerrygamer2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jerrygamer2
Member since 2007 • 70 Posts

Shenmue

Shenmue 2

Skies of Arcadia

Grandia 2

Sonic Adventure

Sonic Adventure 2

Ikaruga

CellAnimation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 CellAnimation
Member since 2007 • 6116 Posts
Bangai-O, Crazy Taxi 1 and 2, Daytona USA, Dead or Alive 2, Ikaruga, Jet Grind Radio, MDK 2, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Rez, Sega Rally Championship 2, Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, SoulCalibur, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike
djsundowner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 djsundowner
Member since 2006 • 995 Posts

For me its: Bangai-O, Ikaruga, Skies of Arcadia, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Capcom vs. SNK 1 & 2, Chaos Field, Record of Lodoss War, Armada, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Street Fighter III: Third Strike, Crazy Taxi 1 & 2, Sonic Adventure, Radirgy, Virtua Fighter 3... that's what I can think of right now.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

Nobody said Fur Fighters or Toy Commander...

Box art of Sonic Adventure.

Box art of Sonic Adventure 2.

Box art of Resident Evil, Code: Veronica.

Box art of Jet Set Radio.

Box art of Crazy Taxi.

Odnomiar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Odnomiar
Member since 2004 • 1070 Posts

Shenmue and Shenmue 2 are must haves. REZ, Head Hunter, Jet Set Radio, Crazy taxi, Street Fighter 3 : 3rd Strike(or second impact as a cheaper alternative), forget Ikaruga, it's on live arcarde and PSN for a 10th of the price of the DC version. PowerStone, BANGAI-O, Grandia 2, Skies of Arcadia and Metropolis Street Racer.MARVEL VS CAPCOM 2 islegendary!!! get it! though it ison Live arcade also, but, I prefer the DC version.Personally, I never cared for the Sonic Adventure games. but it's completely up to you if you fancy them. Sonic just doesn't work in 3 dimensions properly, not yet any way.

if you're into fighting games like SF though, I recommend getting the Arcade stick( I picked one up for 2 pounds in my local Gamea while back and It's an unbeatable bargain if you can find one and it's completely irreplaceable as a controller for those games.)

idk761

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 idk761
Member since 2008 • 3229 Posts
Toy Commander
blabbyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 blabbyboy
Member since 2008 • 2614 Posts
Lol dreamcast you should get a ps3 or xbox 360, but. A game you shjould get is Marvel Vs Capcom 2 Its just so much fun..... oh yeah and toy commander.
BanjoMumbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 232

#10 BanjoMumbo
Member since 2009 • 512 Posts

This is going to take a while: Jet Grind Radio, Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, Space Channel 5, Ecco the Dolphon: Defender of the Future, NFL 2K, NBA 2K1, Ikargua, Bangai-O, Powerstone, Crazy Taxi, Marvel v.s. Capcom 2, Soul Calibur, Toy Commander, and Grand Theft Auto 2.

Also get Shenmue, that one is actually hard to find a working copy. Because it is composed of four discs, the fourth one is actually just a CD full of instructions on the new genre that Sega introduced, which was new at the time. You can also get Shenmue 2, but it's also on Xbox, the Dreamcast version would have to be imported from Japan. Good luck with your new Dreamcast!

-Pred-Alien-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 -Pred-Alien-
Member since 2009 • 1733 Posts
Remember a lot of these games people are listing are multiplat, superior and cheaper on other systems.
DeafNYCPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 DeafNYCPlayer
Member since 2004 • 2314 Posts
Marvel vs Capcom 1-2 Capcom vs SNK 1-2 Capcom vs SNK Pro King of Fighters 1999 Dream Match Project Justice Dead or Alive 2 Soul Calibur Guilty Gear X Shemue 1-2 D2
sofaking_bob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 sofaking_bob
Member since 2008 • 446 Posts
you'd probably be just fine with soul calibur and crazi taxi... that's how i rocked my dreamcast for about 4 years.
flclfanman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 flclfanman
Member since 2009 • 86 Posts

Fur Fighters

NBA 2k2

Sonic Adventures 1+2

Resident Evil:CV

Powerstone 1+2

MDK

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Remember a lot of these games people are listing are multiplat, superior and cheaper on other systems.-Pred-Alien-

But the DC has an aura around it. Kinda like VC games on the Wii, sure it's a good service, but if I had the option, I would choose playing Super Mario on the SNES rather than through the Wii, due to the aura.