Going to Halo 4 midnight release..what to expect?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GamerZem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 GamerZem
Member since 2012 • 526 Posts

So, this is my first time ever going to a midnight release for a game. I've already had Halo 4 preordered for over a month, so I have no problem getting the game.

What I want to know, is- Will there be insane amounts of people? What kind of things will happen (early gameplay, etc)? How long will it take to get the game and get out?

Thanks in advance.

Avatar image for Shame-usBlackley
Shame-usBlackley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 Shame-usBlackley
Member since 2002 • 18266 Posts

So, this is my first time ever going to a midnight release for a game. I've already had Halo 4 preordered for over a month, so I have no problem getting the game.

What I want to know, is- Will there be insane amounts of people? What kind of things will happen (early gameplay, etc)? How long will it take to get the game and get out?

Thanks in advance.

GamerZem

You wait in line outside a store with a bunch of other people and walk inside at 12:01 and pick up your game. It's really pretty uneventful -- at least those I've been to. System launches are far more colorful and interesting, as they seem to really draw the inner dork out in most gamers.

Avatar image for GhettoBlastin92
GhettoBlastin92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 GhettoBlastin92
Member since 2012 • 1231 Posts
Depends on where you go and who you run into. As said above console launches seem to draw the most action.
blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

If it's from Gamestop they have a new thing where you're put into groups and when that group is called you go in, this means you an leave and come back. I know when my friend went to the Batman Arkham City release he ended up winning a full size cardboard cutout they used to promote the game. But Skyirm had very little going on when I went. Borderlands 2 had nothing going on. I'd imagine with the huge popularity of Halo they may have something going on, but it seems the big event is going to be Black Ops 2 (even Target has a midnight release with a bunch of things going on for it, and they never do midnight releases).

Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 Jbul
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts

A mix of fat, sweaty dorks, some skinny dorks, and some really weird smells. Very rarely, a few normal people...

Meeeper282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Meeeper282
Member since 2012 • 1597 Posts

Fat pale nerds who lack a social life

I think i just defined a lem.. :?

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#7 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

i've never been to a midnight release before and i dont see the point in going if i want the game so bad i'd just pick the game up in the morning.

ItsJoeMama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ItsJoeMama
Member since 2012 • 184 Posts

Nothing really. You just wait in a line outside and sometimes they'll give away stuff like posters, figures, etc.

mikey123d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mikey123d
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Not much really, perhaps see someone you know and share an awkward nod of approval with one another. Last year I made the mistake of not pre-ordering a game. Turned up at midnight with a friend who hadn't mentioned the fact that he had pre-ordered it from the store and he was put into a fast-track queue. Luckily they let him buy 2 copies. I'm going to a 24 hour Tesco to get halo 4, normally doesn't have much buzz at all and hopefully ill be in and out within 20 mins.