gaming feelings

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for MrGamerOFCourse
MrGamerOFCourse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 MrGamerOFCourse
Member since 2012 • 171 Posts

when i play a game, some games i get emotionally attached to like shenmue 2, when i completed it i really wanted a sequel to finish the story, but with games like dead rising i liked the ending but felt there could of been more. the end of halo 3 i thought was amazing but didnt totally get i just assumed master chief was dead.

what im trying to get at is when i complete a game i dont only feel good but i feel like i wanted more from the story regardless of how good it is, anyone else feel the same?

Opi0us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Opi0us
Member since 2013 • 172 Posts
I kind of agree. No matter how much I enjoy a game's content there is always some room for improvement obviously and I've yet to come across a game that is completely emotionally enthralling. I think perhaps the storylines are made around developer's capabilities and can be second best but hopefully they will start developing deeper and longer storylines next gen.
MrGamerOFCourse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MrGamerOFCourse
yeah hopefully the only game that i really did feel was unbelievable was shenmue 2 i have completed it 10 times its too good but i Need a Sequel
Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Cyberdot
Member since 2013 • 3928 Posts

Yeah, I do get these feelings too on certain games that I care about.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44620 Posts
I think by calling them "games" we devalue them as interactive stories, and stories can be deep and emotion and/or thought provoking pieces of entertainment.
lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lensflare15
Member since 2010 • 6652 Posts

Yes, I've felt that way, and on some occasions the story wasn't even that good. I just had so much fun with the game I wanted to keep playing and see what happened next.

Vyse_Legends

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Vyse_Legends
Member since 2007 • 9387 Posts

Yeah I know that feeling.:(

GeoffZak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 GeoffZak
Member since 2007 • 3715 Posts

Yeah I agree. I've grown attached to some of my favorite games of all time.

After I beat Tales of the Abyss, I wanted so bad for the story to continue. The ending was touching and the character development in that game was really good.

In Sonic 06 and Sonic Unleashed, I really felt like I went on an adventure.

I love games that give you a good sense of adventure. Most JRPGs do that very well by focusing on the story and making memorable characters. I'm only a few hours into Suikoden IV but I'm already in love with the game. The story is great, the script-writing is pretty good and I feel really immersed in the world of the game. I'm already attached to it. It's one of those games that I don't ever want to end.

MrGamerOFCourse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MrGamerOFCourse

I think by calling them "games" we devalue them as interactive stories, and stories can be deep and emotion and/or thought provoking pieces of entertainment.lamprey263

see i dont think that at all when i call them games it makes me think about all the fun i had with most of them, see what im doing now is picking up games i had when i was younger because i never completed them and for me its satisfying completing them now.