gamespot editors

This topic is locked from further discussion.

2zneptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 2zneptor
Member since 2007 • 85 Posts

I get a feeling that gamespot editors and reviewers dont loke the wii and its games, i am not saying the crappy games like red steel or cooking mama, i am talking about the nintendo franchises like Zelda T.P, metoid prime corruption, just look at the scores they got on the reviews, while on other websites they were considerably higher. and the upcoming super mario galaxy and ssbb, they dont seem interested whatsoever. I know the wii isnt really the standard console that most are used to, but it;s still a console nonetheless and it should still appeal to gamers, i dont think the controllers can ruin a game that much.What are your thoughts?

F-14Bombcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 F-14Bombcat
Member since 2007 • 413 Posts

What I do not get is that the Mods keep locking these types of threads because they bring up a good point. I would say my opinion on this subject but it seems like the mods are probably going to lock this anyway. Can't they at least give us a reason why :cry:.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts
The reason these threads get locked is that this is the General Games Discussion Forum, not the Overreact Every Time You Don't Agree With Gamespot Forum.
F-14Bombcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 F-14Bombcat
Member since 2007 • 413 Posts

The reason these threads get locked is that this is the General Games Discussion Forum, not the Overreact Every Time You Don't Agree With Gamespot Forum.rragnaar

How is it overreacting :?. The Halo 3 and MP 3 reviews said the exact same thing almost, and improved on their predecessors the same amount, yet it scored a 1 point lower. There is also TP.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts

[QUOTE="rragnaar"]The reason these threads get locked is that this is the General Games Discussion Forum, not the Overreact Every Time You Don't Agree With Gamespot Forum.F-14Bombcat

How is it overreacting :?. The Halo 3 and MP 3 reviews said the exact same thing almost, and improved on their predecessors the same amount, yet it scored a 1 point lower. There is also TP.

Obviously I'm just a poster on this website, and my opinions aren't representing Gamespot in anyway, but I find these types of threads to be obnoxious, I'd rate Zelda:TP and MP3 higher than what GS did, but that doesn't mean that my opinion makes me right, and their review wrong.
What I mean is that no one is going to agree with Gamespot every time they review a game.  I'm not saying that people shouldn't be able to voice dissenting opinions, but that calling Gamespot biased every time you don't agree with them isn't really going to lead to a meaningful discusion about games.