Games That Collect Dust

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c13ed0e6897f
deactivated-5c13ed0e6897f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5c13ed0e6897f
Member since 2006 • 506 Posts
I have a small collection of ten Ps3 games starting from 2009. They're all great games that I have had plenty of fun playing, ranging from LittleBigPlanet to Need for Speed. However, I only play two or three out of the collection. Is this type of thing typical among gamers? I don't feel like playing certain games because I have either beaten them and they don't have enough replay value, or because one release from the same genre (CoD/Battlefield) is simply more enjoyable than the other. I feel like I might have wasted money, and even though I might not get back the full price in return, I've considered selling some of my games because I know I won't play them anymore.

To those who have experienced the same; Should I go through with selling them, or would it just not be worth it in the end? I think that in the future I'm going to stick to rentals before deciding on a game and at least buy something that I know I will come back to often.
lpjazzman220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 lpjazzman220
Member since 2008 • 2249 Posts

i have a huge collection of games...mostly pc...and most of them collect dust...i do go back and play some of them over again but some just dont hold up...when it come to console games tho...i usually rent them in case i get the game of the year rdr and dont like it that much...but...i find that most single player games it get bored with...

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
If I should regularly play every game on my shelves I'd need 48 hours in a day instead of 24
Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#4 Daavpuke
Member since 2009 • 13771 Posts
I actually am looking at Saints Row 2 and STALKER both wrapped in their cellophane I bought over a month ago. With over 50 untouched games, I'd say I have a problem...
gregbmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 gregbmil
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts

I sell my newer games if I'm never gonna play them again. The way I see it is, if I pay $60 for a game, play the hell out of it to the point I don't want to see it again, I sell it. I may only get $15 for it, but come on it's hard for me to get $60 for a game with all my bills. If I start to miss it *thinksof Uncharted 2* I'll buy it again for about the same price a year or so down the road. FTR, I got $28 for U2 to go towards Demon's Souls and I don't regret it, yet.

I can only play about 2 games at a time and it's not like any current gen games are hard to find. Older gens maybe, but very very rarly are they ever worth more that there orignal price at the store brand new.

GLove093093

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GLove093093
Member since 2010 • 57 Posts
I haven't completed many games but I never sell them either.
razerman2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 razerman2000
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
i have over 100 titles...all sitting there in dust
lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44637 Posts
not ever game has to be revisited the same as others, I tend to go back to the ones I love the most but I still keep everything just in case I have a change of heart