Games for Halloween

This topic is locked from further discussion.

IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 0

#1 IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

I won't lie, I love Halloween. I'm a big fan of the horror genre, so you can say as a gamer I've been pretty disappointed this generation with the severe lack of actual horror games. This October, though, I got some decent games for the occassion.

I've been playing Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, and while not at all horror it still hits the mark. Dead Rising 2 is pretty humorous and entertaining to play and fits the mood of Halloween, even if it is campy as hell.

I just downloaded and played through the Amnesia demo. That was pretty great and I'm buying that game right away. Any other, recent games similar to this anyone can recommend?

Are you playing anything horror related thanks to Halloween? What are some classic horror games you like?

dissonantblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 dissonantblack
Member since 2005 • 34009 Posts

well. being an active member of the goth scene, i celebrate it all year long, but if you wanna get into the swing of things more, try playing darkwatch. it's like Van Helsing and cowboys in one!

zombiejonny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 zombiejonny
Member since 2003 • 8277 Posts

I have been playing dead rising 2 also, i love the game its so much fun. The new saw game comes out next week, which looks pretty interesting the first one was pretty fun IMO. As for classic games i love the clock tower , resident evil and silent hill games. I used to get so freaked out from scissorman in clock tower, when i was playing the game by myself.

IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 IndianaPwns39

well. being an active member of the goth scene, i celebrate it all year long, but if you wanna get into the swing of things more, try playing darkwatch. it's like Van Helsing and cowboys in one!

dissonantblack

I remember Darkwatch! I also remember being incredibly disappointed that game never got a sequel. Kind of like how I was pissed Bloodrayne 3 never came out... I know they're different genres, but similar feelings towards both.

I have been playing dead rising 2 also, i love the game its so much fun. The new saw game comes out next week, which looks pretty interesting the first one was pretty fun IMO. As for classic games i love the clock tower , resident evil and silent hill games. I used to get so freaked out from scissorman in clock tower, when i was playing the game by myself.

zombiejonny

I never played the Saw game. That entire franchise is pretty "meh" to me, but I did enjoy the first movie. In fact, Saw VII (or Saw 3D, however they're marketting it) has my interest for the first time since Saw III because they're finally going to tell us what happened to Dr. Gordon. I might be inclined to try those games out.

The original Clock Tower was great. It had some technical faults but I remember hiding from Scissorman fondly. I can't help but wonder if I still have that game laying around here...

Pvt_r3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Pvt_r3d
Member since 2006 • 7901 Posts
Have you ever heard of "Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines"? It's the only great vampire game I've played.
vadicta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

#6 vadicta
Member since 2007 • 4354 Posts

I don't know what you play on, but if you have a 360, Alan Wake is really great, and is a definite thrill on the hardest difficulty.

Other than that, I'd say Metro 2033, it has a fantasic atmosphere and has some dark, really creepy, and thrilling moments.

I'll be picking up Deadly Preminition for my Holloween gaming, though. I hear it's pretty freaky :)

Strider_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Strider_91
Member since 2007 • 6570 Posts
Will have to be some GoW2 with the x31 XP The community will hopefully be a bit more booming.. But over halloween, mainly WoW and some D&D
spittis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 spittis
Member since 2005 • 1875 Posts

I just downloaded and played through the Amnesia demo. That was pretty great and I'm buying that game right away. Any other, recent games similar to this anyone can recommend?

IndianaPwns39

Penumbra: Black Plague. Same developer as Amnesia.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44691 Posts
Yeah I definitely enjoy playing some horror based games on Halloween myself as well. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow and Dead Rising 2 will be my two selections this year. Alan Wake would probably be a good one to play as well.
LovePotionNo9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 LovePotionNo9
Member since 2010 • 4751 Posts

Castlevania series for the NES is a great way to spend the Halloween gaming hours, especially 1 and 3.

Ingenemployee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ingenemployee
Member since 2007 • 2307 Posts

I know I will be playing RDR Undead Nightmare.

IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 IndianaPwns39

Have you ever heard of "Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines"? It's the only great vampire game I've played.Pvt_r3d

Yes actually. Vampire is one of my favorite RPGs too.

I don't know what you play on, but if you have a 360, Alan Wake is really great, and is a definite thrill on the hardest difficulty.

Other than that, I'd say Metro 2033, it has a fantasic atmosphere and has some dark, really creepy, and thrilling moments.

I'll be picking up Deadly Preminition for my Holloween gaming, though. I hear it's pretty freaky :)

vadicta

You know, I never played Metro 2033. Maybe Steam will have it on sale and I'll try that for Halloween. I played Alan Wake, and while I enjoyed the story I grew tired of the atmosphere. Not a bad game, I really love Remedy, just thought it could be better.

I never tried Deadly Premonition either, hmm. Might have to check that out as well. Thanks :D

Penumbra: Black Plague. Same developer as Amnesia.

spittis

Are the other Penumbra games worth checking out?

Hackers90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Hackers90
Member since 2009 • 939 Posts
I plan on buying CastleVania, Dead Rising 2 and RDR Undead Nightmare. Oh, and also Bully just for the awesome Halloween mission :)
Lazay727

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 Lazay727
Member since 2007 • 2202 Posts
Why nothing but horror games? Halloween is more than that. I see it more as creepy places than just mindless gore. ex. I typically replay ffx in october and save Zanarkand for halloween night.
Alex3796

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 1

#15 Alex3796
Member since 2009 • 2669 Posts
I'll be playing BioShock, it's got some scary moments in there.
SWIFFT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 SWIFFT
Member since 2003 • 764 Posts
I will be enjoying my anual playthrough of the Silent Hill games this month. Not sure yet which ones but it's looking to be 2 and Origins.