Game franchises that you'd like to see die!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JustinSane311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 JustinSane311
Member since 2009 • 44 Posts

I think sonic should be put out of his misery, since Sega hasn't released an excellentsonic game since Sonic CD (about 15 years ago). So What other franchises should be ended?

Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 Silent-Hal
Member since 2007 • 9795 Posts
It's pretty selfish to want a franchise to die. Even if you don't like it doesn't mean there aren't fans out there still. No one's forcing you to pay attention.
Halocraftzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Halocraftzone
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I would love to get rid of the Forbiden Siren franchise. All the Gore was just too much for me.
stike22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 stike22
Member since 2009 • 3401 Posts
Not really a franchise but I would like all, and I do mean all shovelware makers to drop dea........yeh I know its cruel but I can't help but wish it. So much god damn shovelware now, I want a damn game.
Dr-Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Dr-Doctor
Member since 2006 • 707 Posts

I think sonic should be put out of his misery, since Sega hasn't released an excellentsonic game since Sonic CD (about 15 years ago). So What other franchises should be ended?

JustinSane311
I agree and I also think the Star Wars games should be slowed down a bit.
Assassin_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Assassin_87
Member since 2004 • 2349 Posts

It's pretty selfish to want a franchise to die. Even if you don't like it doesn't mean there aren't fans out there still. No one's forcing you to pay attention.Silent-Hal

You're completely right. And who's to say that a franchise, even one that's fallen so low as Sonic, won't be redeemed eventually with a truly great installment?

But...I mean...Spyro needs to die already. :|

zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 149

#7 zarshack
Member since 2009 • 9936 Posts

i agree that the sonic franchise either needs to make an awesome game or die...

rmfd341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 rmfd341
Member since 2008 • 3808 Posts
Sonic...
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

Sonic makes money for Sega. Sad but true. So Sonic, love it or hate it, is here to stay unfortunately. But the Sonic Rush games are pretty good though. They're made by Dimps, the same guys that co-developed SFIV with Capcom.

But yeah, most game franchises continue because they're good games. Like people who say Halo, Call of Duty, or Gears of War should die are just biased and being hateful because the truth is, these are still excellent games. But Sonic is wierd because it seems like Sonic is the only big name franchise that continues despite it being bad games.

Avatar image for Video_Game_King
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#10 Video_Game_King
Member since 2003 • 27545 Posts

Wow, this is a hard one. I'd just pick the one that attracts the most fanboys, so I'll say the FF7 subseries. The original was good enough, so stop screwing it up with sequels, prequels and threequels! They ruined the best part of the game: the ending. *grumbles out of thread*

allie2590

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 allie2590
Member since 2009 • 283 Posts

Wow, this is a hard one. I'd just pick the one that attracts the most fanboys, so I'll say the FF7 subseries. The original was good enough, so stop screwing it up with sequels, prequels and threequels! They ruined the best part of the game: the ending. *grumbles out of thread*

Video_Game_King

I agree. Enough is enough.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ASK_Story

[QUOTE="Video_Game_King"]

allie2590

After Dirge of Cerberus and a disappointing cheese-fest of a CG movie that was Advent Children...I agree.

But Crisis Core was okay. I think CC should've been the only one that was really viable since it was a prequel. And Advent Children should've been a game instead of Nomura thinking he could direct better than Sakaguchi. :roll:

allie2590

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 allie2590
Member since 2009 • 283 Posts

[QUOTE="allie2590"]

[QUOTE="Video_Game_King"]

ASK_Story

After Dirge of Cerberus and a disappointing cheese-fest of a CG movie that was Advent Children...I agree.

But Crisis Core was okay. I think CC should've been the only one that was really viable since it was a prequel. And Advent Children should've been a game instead of Nomura thinking he could direct better than Sakaguchi. :roll:

Haha I actually liked Advent Children. The games disappointed me, though.

Diehardgames2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 Diehardgames2
Member since 2007 • 1018 Posts
The WWE: Smackdown Vs Raw series needs to quit. It's the same recycled stuff, over and over and over again with maybe one or two tiny tweaks. They're getting really repetitive now.
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ASK_Story
The WWE: Smackdown Vs Raw series needs to quit. It's the same recycled stuff, over and over and over again with maybe one or two tiny tweaks. They're getting really repetitive now.Diehardgames2
Aren't most fighting games kind of like that though? That's why competitive play is the key to these games. Playing the computer-only in Virtua Fighter 5, Tekken DR, SoulCalibur IV, or even Street Fighter IV would get repetitive. I think it's the same thing with those WWE games.
Diehardgames2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 Diehardgames2
Member since 2007 • 1018 Posts
[QUOTE="Diehardgames2"]The WWE: Smackdown Vs Raw series needs to quit. It's the same recycled stuff, over and over and over again with maybe one or two tiny tweaks. They're getting really repetitive now.ASK_Story
Aren't most fighting games kind of like that though? That's why competitive play is the key to these games. Playing the computer-only in Virtua Fighter 5, Tekken DR, SoulCalibur IV, or even Street Fighter IV would get repetitive. I think it's the same thing with those WWE games.

With those franchises, the developers try and add new things to the games with each instalment they bring out. So far, I haven't seen that happen with the Smackdown vs Raw (maybe the 2009 game did have some slight improvements) so far. Although, I do agree that fighting games would get repetitive after a while of doing the same things over again but I mean, I find the WWE games more repetitive than the others.
Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 Silent-Hal
Member since 2007 • 9795 Posts
I would love to get rid of the Forbiden Siren franchise. All the Gore was just too much for me.Halocraftzone
Now this is what I'm talking about. The series hasn't even run it's course yet (2 main games and a remake). You want them to stop making them just because you can't handle the gore? Give me a break.
skp_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18 skp_16
Member since 2005 • 3854 Posts

MGS - MGS4 ended so well

RE - It should've stopped after RE3

Final Fantasy - SE should start thinking of a new title that will have the same or better impact than FF

God of War - I hope the story would end at GoW3. 4 or more is too much IMO.

Sonic

Mario

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19 muthsera666
Member since 2005 • 13271 Posts
I'm honestly surprised that no one said Halo... Anyway, there aren't really any franchises I want to end. There are several that I wish would get a great game to revitalize the series, but that's a completely different issue.