Finally getting into Ocarina of Time

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Nismology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 Nismology
Member since 2009 • 649 Posts

I've just finished Dodongo's cavern, and I'm finally getting hooked by this game.

Up until I got to Goron City, I found myself wondering why this game is so widely loved, it seemed utterly tedious and mediocre to me, but now it's becoming really fun. I'm loving the combat, puzzle solving and exploration

Does it get even better from here? :P

I't's an exprience playing FF7 and OoT for the first time side by side. They're still great games even 12/13 years down the line, I can vouch for that as I obviously don't have any sense of nostalgia to cloud my judgement!

AwesomeKenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 AwesomeKenny
Member since 2010 • 375 Posts
I've been getting into that game too, I love the game on the 3DS :D I never played it when it first came out on the Nintendo 64, I was more of a Mario fan when I was a kid :P I did need a strategy guide to help me along the way though, so I can get all the items and stuff, as well as getting through certain puzzles XD
magnax1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 magnax1
Member since 2007 • 4605 Posts

I've been playing FF7 for the first time too.

Anyway. I think pretty much every 3D zelda picks up in the second half. The first three dungeons always seem like they're there for kids to get better at the game.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

I've just finished Dodongo's cavern, and I'm finally getting hooked by this game.

Up until I got to Goron City, I found myself wondering why this game is so widely loved, it seemed utterly tedious and mediocre to me, but now it's becoming really fun. I'm loving the combat, puzzle solving and exploration

Does it get even better from here? :P

I't's an exprience playing FF7 and OoT for the first time side by side. They're still great games even 12/13 years down the line, I can vouch for that as I obviously don't have any sense of nostalgia to cloud my judgement!

Nismology

It does start out rather slow, doesn't it? You have to understand that a lot of the slow pace in the beginning was allowing players to grasp the controls, which were really new at the time.

I don't want to spoil anything for you, but the epicness of this game does not stop.

Koi-Neon-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#5 Koi-Neon-X
Member since 2009 • 2148 Posts

(Sigh) I remember my first time *ahem* playing The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Final Fantasy VII. Two excellent games and worth every second you invest in them.

KnightSkull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 KnightSkull
Member since 2011 • 1481 Posts

OoT is a great game, i couldn't tell you how many times I've played through it and it never gets boring.

pataponplayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 pataponplayer
Member since 2009 • 1410 Posts

Well the part shortly after where you are currently at is the worst part of the game IMO "Inside Jabu-Jabu's belly" I gave up on the game for a week or so, then after I beat that part and traveled to the future I fell in love with the game.

Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Shenmue_Jehuty
Member since 2007 • 5211 Posts

Your story sounds similar to my own; I almost made a huge pass on this game when it first came out, and almost gave it away to a friend of mine. After hearing how it was praised so highly I figured I'd give it another chance. Man, I'm glad I did! Five play throughs later it is still my number 2 favorite game of all time.

mittens8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 mittens8
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

It gets a lot better from there. At least until you reach the water temple.