Final Fantasy Covers

This topic is locked from further discussion.

enz2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 enz2
Member since 2007 • 1689 Posts

No one probably doesn't care, but thought if anyone found it strange how FF XIII had a cover change.

The FF series in terms of cover art has always been a favourite of mine. Living in a PAL region, the covers have been a simplistic white background with the iconic FF art which is the same as J-NTSC, whereas NTSC has the protagonist on all covers as far as I know. Now, not trying to be all serious and whiny, but it kinda sucked how FF XIII didn't have the simply art - first time showed the protagonist on the cover. And now with FF XIII-2 out, the cover is back to its simple glory.

I know it's not a serious matter, but why did they change the art style for XIII where it's been clearly a trademark throughout the games?

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#2 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

No one probably doesn't care, but thought if anyone found it strange how FF XIII had a cover change.

The FF series in terms of cover art has always been a favourite of mine. Living in a PAL region, the covers have been a simplistic white background with the iconic FF art which is the same as J-NTSC, whereas NTSC has the protagonist on all covers as far as I know. Now, not trying to be all serious and whiny, but it kinda sucked how FF XIII didn't have the simply art - first time showed the protagonist on the cover. And now with FF XIII-2 out, the cover is back to its simple glory.

I know it's not a serious matter, but why did they change the art style for XIII where it's been clearly a trademark throughout the games?

enz2
I do like the pal cover art more than the american ones which usually have a shot of the main character. I really like the simplicity of the name and logo.
tjoeb123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 tjoeb123
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts
[QUOTE="enz2"]

Minishdriveby
I do like the pal cover art more than the american ones which usually have a shot of the main character. I really like the simplicity of the name and logo.

The US FFXIII-2 CE also has the white background, wheras the regular edition does not.
Ryder_49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 Ryder_49
Member since 2011 • 119 Posts

Why? Because a hot chick on the front cover would bring up sales.

It certainly worked on me.

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#5 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

They say you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover but in this case I think I will -as I have with ever other game in this franchise. It's never appealed to me precisely because of the general art style which isn't helped by the fact that it's augmented onthe covers.

evil_angel74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 evil_angel74
Member since 2007 • 988 Posts
Completely agree. I really didn't like the change of cover in the PAL region for FFXIII. The white background with the name and the unique and artistic logo is fantastic. It's a part of Final Fantasy for me. I guess they thought the European (and Oceanic) market has changed.
tjricardo089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 tjricardo089
Member since 2010 • 7429 Posts

Do you play the games or the covers? Maybe you want them to change the plastic cover to metal?

Gamers have grown so whiny..

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#8 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

Do you play the games or the covers? Maybe you want them to change the plastic cover to metal?

Gamers have grown so whiny..tjricardo089

Actually, they've already done that.

We may be whiny but at least we're not misinformed...

Brown-9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Brown-9
Member since 2011 • 753 Posts

Gamers have grown so whiny..

tjricardo089

Seeing as how TC made it a point to mention in his OP that this wasn't a serious issue, just a topic for conversation, there's no need to get all huffy about it.

On topic, I prefer the minimalist approach of the white backdrop with the logo.

MLBknights58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MLBknights58
Member since 2006 • 5016 Posts

I like the simplicity of the white cover and small bit of art along with the title.

I kind of dislike the covers of FF with all the people and stuff on the cover. I like the other regions cover more TBH.

josephl64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 josephl64
Member since 2008 • 4424 Posts

I guess I just like having a main character on my cover but I did get the Collector's edition so I just have the name on there