FF13... is all the hype necessary?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kairikh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1 kairikh
Member since 2008 • 1393 Posts

Im just laughing at this teaser trailer for the release of the FF13

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaQhjSaXOjM

Check it out...I cant help but to maybe agree with the guy but really is all the hype a bit overdramatic????

Seriously FF13 is the coming of our lord and savior...if you say so :D

So are you beyond excited for this game, or have there been better games to get all hyped up about??

PyroZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 PyroZero
Member since 2009 • 45 Posts
[QUOTE="kairikh"]

Check it out...I cant help but to maybe agree with the guy but really is all the hype a bit overdramatic????

So are you beyond excited for this game, or have there been better games to get all hyped up about??

I'm still stuck on FF12 LOL
kairikh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 kairikh

yea lol i skipped it but seems like FF13 will be a whole new world hahah

PyroZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 PyroZero

yea lol i skipped it but seems like FF13 will be a whole new world hahah

kairikh
Hopefully it would be longer and give more leadway leveling wise then in ff12 where you had to spend no less then 6 hours leveling after every boss encounter x_x'' but it was a good storyline.
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

To some people, that's why they bought a PS3. But yeah, some do take it too far like when some people were upset when Square-Enix announced FF13 for the 360. I mean, who cares if Square-Enix takes it multiplatform, right?

I think the hype dwindled a bit because SE is taking way to long with the game. Also, when FF13 was first shown, everyone thought this was going to be greatest thing ever. Until games like Gears of War, Oblivion, Fallout 3, Modern Warfare, Batman AA, Killzone 2, Dragon Age, Uncharted 2, etc. started blowing us over and games like Last Remnant, Infinite Undiscovery, or Star Ocean 4 was flopping, I think those things sort of hurt Square-Enix's status as a once top tier developer.

But hopefully FF13 does turn out good. I personally don't think it'll surpass FF12 or some of the past FF games other than graphically. I just feel that FF13 will be more linear, meaning watching a cut scene, go from point A to point B and than watch another cut scene and so forth, which I don't particularly like.

But the main heroin, Lightning, has what got me interested in the game. I was getting tired of those metro bleach blond dudes for the past three or four FF games. It's refreshing to see a female lead again, like Terra from FFVI.

PyroZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 PyroZero
To some people, that's why they bought a PS3. But yeah, sometimes they take it too far like when these guys were upset when Square-Enix announced FF13 for the 360. I mean, who cares if Square-Enix takes it multiplatform, right? Anyway, I think the hype dwindled a bit because SE is taking way to long with the game. Hopefully it's good. I personally don't think it'll surpass FF12 or some of the past FF games other than graphically. I just feel that FF13 will be more linear, meaning watching a cut scene, go from point A to point B and than watch another cut scene and so forth, which I don't particularly like. But the main heroin, Lightning, has what got me interested in the game. I was getting tired of those metro bleach blond dudes for the past three or four FF games. It's refreshing to see a female lead again, like Terra from FFVI.ASK_Story
there is only one reason I am not upset about the female lead in ffxiii XD Square-Enix makes hot anime girls lol...super models with guns & swords ftw! but besides that I am happy they went multiplatform I hope they bring one to the pc so some people can develop mods for it...which would be pretty awesome. I just hope the storyline would be good overall...that is what got me liking final fantasy as it is like a book come to life on the tv type game....and a good book at that!
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 texasgoldrush  Online
Member since 2003 • 14919 Posts
[QUOTE="ASK_Story"]

To some people, that's why they bought a PS3. But yeah, some do take it too far like when some people were upset when Square-Enix announced FF13 for the 360. I mean, who cares if Square-Enix takes it multiplatform, right?

I think the hype dwindled a bit because SE is taking way to long with the game. Also, when FF13 was first shown, everyone thought this was going to be greatest thing ever. Until games like Gears of War, Oblivion, Fallout 3, Modern Warfare, Batman AA, Killzone 2, Dragon Age, Uncharted 2, etc. started blowing us over and games like Last Remnant, Infinite Undiscovery, or Star Ocean 4 was flopping, I think those things sort of hurt Square-Enix's status as a once top tier developer.

But hopefully FF13 does turn out good. I personally don't think it'll surpass FF12 or some of the past FF games other than graphically. I just feel that FF13 will be more linear, meaning watching a cut scene, go from point A to point B and than watch another cut scene and so forth, which I don't particularly like.

But the main heroin, Lightning, has what got me interested in the game. I was getting tired of those metro bleach blond dudes for the past three or four FF games. It's refreshing to see a female lead again, like Terra from FFVI.

Less refreshing is that they said that Lightning will be a "female Cloud"..............she will be more like Cloud, Squall, or Tidus and less like Terra and Celes (who I thought was FFVI's second lead). I think SquareEnix has not only became creatively bankrupt, they became pretentious as well....I love how Mega64 makes fun of them.
kairikh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kairikh

ASK_Story
Good opinion there I have to agree with you that its mostly square enix fault to blame for holding back for so long, of course Im not sure if the story line will be half bad in this game, as for Final Fantasy 12 im a bit unfamiliar with its story line though it looked really good from what i did see, still Final Fantasy 8 and 9 and even 7 came up with good story lines and this being a battle of two groups reminds me of a Final Fantasy 7 plot like the battle between Shinra and Soldier...Still its really good to finally see another Heroin in this Final Fantasy though im really looking foward to seeing Noctis in versus.
kairikh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kairikh
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"][QUOTE="ASK_Story"]

Less refreshing is that they said that Lightning will be a "female Cloud"..............she will be more like Cloud, Squall, or Tidus and less like Terra and Celes (who I thought was FFVI's second lead). I think SquareEnix has not only became creatively bankrupt, they became pretentious as well....I love how Mega64 makes fun of them.

Seriously its true theyre very into their Hero Cloud, i guess cause he kind of exploded as a main character...but still I think Noctis is much more worthy of popularity than Cloud is, and yea Mega64 just made it a whole lot funnier cant get enough of that video...
Avatar image for krato_sephiroth
krato_sephiroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 krato_sephiroth
Member since 2006 • 113 Posts

3 reasons:

1.The amount of dissapointing JRPGS this gen is huge.. Other than the handheld games, there havent been any excellent console JRPS(bar Valkyria Chronicles)

2.The main Final Fantasy series have all been excellent,every one of them recieving excellent reception(even though so-called fans hate 8,or 10 for random reasons)

3.This is the 1st current-gen Final Fantasy, and many people's favourite games of all time belong in that series.

I,for one, am picking this up day1, and the reason I believe it kept being delayed was to ensure a quality quality product.

Avatar image for AtomicTangerine
AtomicTangerine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 AtomicTangerine
Member since 2005 • 4413 Posts

Any hype for the game has been generated by having the name "Final Fantasy" in the title really. We barely know anything about this game beyond that, but I gotta admit, when you have Final Fantasy followed by a number, I have to at least check it out.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ASK_Story

[QUOTE="ASK_Story"]

texasgoldrush

A female Cloud is fine by me as long as it's a "she" and not a "he" that looks like a...you know! :P

And I don't really think SE is the only one being creative bankrupt. I think the industry as a whole is riding on sequels for awhile, which isn't really a bad thing as long as the games are good.

But pretentious, yes! Remember how they said before this current gen that they didn't want one console to dominate the market so that's why they wanted to be more multiplatform? Yeah, whatever. And IGN also accused SE to swallow their pride when Last Remnant and Infinite Undiscovery flopped. IU was from Tri-Ace, so we can let that pass, but Last Remnant was supposed to be designed for more with the western audience in mind but it really wasn't because it didn't do anything new or innovative while games like Mass Effect, Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Dragon Age was changing RPGs for this gen!

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ASK_Story

Any hype for the game has been generated by having the name "Final Fantasy" in the title really. We barely know anything about this game beyond that, but I gotta admit, when you have Final Fantasy followed by a number, I have to at least check it out.

AtomicTangerine
Yup. It's not just the number though. For compulsive RPG players like myself, any title with just "Final Fantasy" in it is worth checking out. Doesn't mean I'll like the games though.
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#14 texasgoldrush  Online
Member since 2003 • 14919 Posts
What I mean by "female Cloud", I mean "female Cloud" http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/7/73/Nothing_alike_75.jpg Even Nomura and the SE art department is creatively bankrupt. And Cloud wasn't even that great of a character.
kairikh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kairikh

3 reasons:

1.The amount of dissapointing JRPGS this gen is huge.. Other than the handheld games, there havent been any excellent console JRPS(bar Valkyria Chronicles)

2.The main Final Fantasy series have all been excellent,every one of them recieving excellent reception(even though so-called fans hate 8,or 10 for random reasons)

3.This is the 1st current-gen Final Fantasy, and many people's favourite games of all time belong in that series.

I,for one, am picking this up day1, and the reason I believe it kept being delayed was to ensure a quality quality product.

krato_sephiroth
same here ive had it reserved since September, no doubt about it im pretty psyched up!
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ASK_Story
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"]What I mean by "female Cloud", I mean "female Cloud" http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/7/73/Nothing_alike_75.jpg Even Nomura and the SE art department is creatively bankrupt. And Cloud wasn't even that great of a character.

I do agree. Cloud was just riding on FFVII's fame and became a popular icon because of it. Any main character could've been an icon in FFVII. If Cloud came out today on a generic RPG, he'd be another throw away chum among all the other formulaic designs.
kairikh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kairikh
[QUOTE="texasgoldrush"]What I mean by "female Cloud", I mean "female Cloud" http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/7/73/Nothing_alike_75.jpg Even Nomura and the SE art department is creatively bankrupt. And Cloud wasn't even that great of a character.

o my godd u werint even kidding :o
Megaman5364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Megaman5364
Member since 2009 • 2912 Posts
[QUOTE="PyroZero"][QUOTE="kairikh"]

Same lol, and anyway was the hype for Lair and Haze and Halo Wars and any game that flopped badly nessesary??
Avatar image for AtomicTangerine
AtomicTangerine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 AtomicTangerine
Member since 2005 • 4413 Posts

[QUOTE="PyroZero"][QUOTE="kairikh"]

Megaman5364

Same lol, and anyway was the hype for Lair and Haze and Halo Wars and any game that flopped badly nessesary??

Halo Wars flopped? Huh?

itsjesuslolz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 itsjesuslolz
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
I don't see all that much hype for it. Perhaps around E3 when it was announced to be on 360, but otherwise I don't see people going crazy over it.
HaLoMaStErJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 HaLoMaStErJT
Member since 2008 • 1380 Posts
as a rpg gamer myself, ff13 is at the top of list of games that I'm gonna get
thunderf00t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 thunderf00t
Member since 2009 • 948 Posts
What hype? I thought it's been rather a dull roar so far.
Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
Not really. The franchise is among the most popular ones in the world and the only mention of a new Final Fantasy game has many gamers cheering for themselves. It doesn't need hype but they do so regardless for the newer gamers in a way to inform and impress them into checking the game out.