FF XV - Massive Day One Update

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gopre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By gopre
Member since 2003 • 210 Posts

Not at home for Christmas break, so dependent on another family member's internet connection. With it being a slow connection the projected download time for version 1.03 was 5 hours. Expected to wake up this morning and start her up. Now it's saying 21 hours....

Have a huge want to play FF XV. Is it possible to start the game without updating and later on, say a few days, make the update and continue the game I already started? I'll be home and have a faster internet connection. Would hate to repeat the amount of hours I'd put into it.

Thanks for the help and a merry belated Christmas to all on Gamespot!

DrRollinstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 DrRollinstein
Member since 2016 • 1163 Posts

Wow that is ridiculously slow internet. I have fairly average internet and it took the game and update less than an hour. I'd recommend you tell that family member to pay the extra 5 bucks a month for slightly better internet connection/speed.

gopre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By gopre

@drrollinstein: Yeah, it's frustrating. Had concerns about the downloading at their place well before I attempted. Have you or anyone you know started FF XV w/out the update and later on went ahead w/ it? If so, were they able to continue where they left off? Have my fingers crossed....

DrRollinstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 DrRollinstein
Member since 2016 • 1163 Posts

I honestly have no clue. I dont know what the update affects.

gopre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 gopre

Still allowing it to download, it's been about 8 and 1/2 hours. so w/ the time invested should just let it finish. Good news is when I started this thread the approximate time to download was 21 hours. As I type this out it says 4 hours. Have hopes I'll be playing it before lunch. And if I am, gotta say see you in a while world, because once I start an rpg I beyond want to play I won't put it down for hours.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#6 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

@drrollinstein: along with the usual bug fixes, it adds a new game plus, a bonus carnival thing that gives you specific items, Cid now upgrading multiple weapons at once, and a free holiday DLC pack to download, which has items depending on what edition of the game you have I think.

gopre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By gopre

And it's completely installed! Now I'll dive into the world of Final Fantasy. Nice knowing family, friends, etc.... Not sure how long I'll be gone. lol