This topic is locked from further discussion.

gizmo_dave100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 gizmo_dave100
Member since 2005 • 409 Posts

just downloaded it off the psn as i havent played it since it first came out.

as far as i can recall it was my least favortie of the ps1 ff's and possibly my second worst (only beaten by 13)

what did you think of it?

0diN_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 0diN_7
Member since 2010 • 1061 Posts

I really liked it when it first came out and I havegone through it a fewtimes several years ago. I have tried going back through it since then and the farthest I got was the second disk. It's a good game but I can't seem to get back in to it. It's probably one of my least favorites of the bunch.

gizmo_dave100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 gizmo_dave100

I really liked it when it first came out and I havegone through it a fewtimes several years ago. I have tried going back through it since then and the farthest I got was the second disk. It's a good game but I can't seem to get back in to it. It's probably one of my least favorites of the bunch.

0diN_7
from the ff's you have played whast your order from best to worst? 7 10 12 8 9 13
MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts
Actually... that's my 2nd favorite FF game, just after VI. To me, it felt like it was the kind of game FFVII should have been as far as setting and plot goes, not to mention the localization team was pretty good by that point.
0diN_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 0diN_7
Member since 2010 • 1061 Posts

This is a tough one for me but here it goes:

tactics

mystic quest

This may not be totally accurate for me sinceI pretty much love them all equally. I haven't gotten a chance to play 13 yet. I hope it's good.

travisstaggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 travisstaggs
Member since 2008 • 10562 Posts

FInal Fantasy 9 is my favorite one in the series. Its setting, storyline, and characters are excellent in my opinion.

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#7 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
Final Fantasy 9 and 6 were my favorites. I've played all in the main series (including X-2 and 11) except for FF7. 13 was my least favorite.
osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17870 Posts
ive only started playing it (i just got it last night). i just got to the evil forest. so far pretty good. i think i will definately prefer it to 8 (which i didnt like at all) but i dont think itll top 7 in my book.
xWoW_Rougex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 xWoW_Rougex
Member since 2009 • 2793 Posts

as far as i can recall it was my least favortie of the ps1 ff's and possibly my second worst (only beaten by 13)

gizmo_dave100

*mindblown* WHAT?

FFIX is THE best Final Fantasy. It has EXCELLENT music, it has EXCELLENT atmosphere, it's chocobo system is THE best of them all, the moogles are AWESOME, the characters are very interesting, unique and likeable and the artstyle of FFIX is THE best in a game EVER EVER EVER. The whole game is just so extremely charmy and awesome.

Jack_240

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#10 Jack_240
Member since 2009 • 522 Posts

well, all FFs are good in general but here are my favorites from i've played:

8 "first FF i played in 1998"

7 "simply made me love RPG even more"

12 "i personally think its battle system is the best FF to date"

9 " I'm playing it right now, it's awesome. The easiest and most enjoyable battle system"

10 "its story is really touching"

13 "although it has a good story but you have to read the datalog to understand the story and if you do, you'll have an excellent saga"

FF Tactics& War of the lions: "i've played both versions, PSP& PS1, they're both cool SRPG

FF Advance A2 "i haven't finished this game yet but it's very good, sometimes annoying though"

FF3 "i played it in the DS, i wasn't impressed by its story but the job system was nice"

FF7 Drige of Cerberus "this game wasn't even an RPG to begin with!!!. But nice story though"

i hope i haven't forgotten anything but there you have my GOOD FF collection that i actually played and enjoyed.

FF is all about story. and like SE said, it'll continue on being a story-driven game.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts
I liked it a lot more than 8 (not really a fan), and I thought it was better than 7 (though less impactful)
Avatar image for deactivated-5f5404ad8217e
deactivated-5f5404ad8217e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5f5404ad8217e
Member since 2005 • 1637 Posts

FF6>FF5>FF4>FF9>FF7>FF1>FF13

I would list others but I haven't beaten them yet. Even though I'm really close to beating a few.

Juken7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Juken7
Member since 2009 • 626 Posts

It's probably my fav

dpgunit_3087

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 dpgunit_3087
Member since 2004 • 830 Posts

9 is my favourite FF, it was the first one I played as well. The characters, story, themes, setting, artwork, and music are all incredibly well done. Zidane is a very likable main character, he's just one of those guys that you would love to have as a friend. Cloud and Squall were no doubt great characters as well, but there's something about Zidane that just makes him awesome. Vivi was an amazing character as well...the whole cast is just very likeable. The more light hearted side to the game makes it very enjoyable, while at the same time it still has it's dark moments, and a theme involving the nature of death which I found very interesting. Anyway, my list of favourite FF games would go like this (though it can change over time, of course):

10-2

LostProphat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LostProphat
Member since 2004 • 188 Posts

FF7 was the first of the FF series I played and as such it is the one I hold most dear. I have played through it several times.

FF8 is my 2nd favorite, also largely because it has such immense nostalgic value to me. :)

Now between FF10 and FF13, which are the only other two I've played, I can't really decide which one I liked best. I absolutely adored both.

I'm hoping to play FF9 during the summer... I actually bought it last year, but never got around to playing it. :o

meteo_ryte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#16 meteo_ryte
Member since 2005 • 1962 Posts
I'll try to answer, although my FF experiences are very limited. In fact, i never would've played it if i didn't receive it as a gift. I never beat it, and recently traded it in, but it was a solid game for the time i put into it. The only other FF's i played were 1 & 2 (from FF Origins for ps1), FF3 for SNES, and Crystal Chronicles for GC. Didn't beat any of them. Just couldn't get into any FF game, really. But out of those, i prefer FF9, mostly because of the graphic & gameplay advancements over the others (and it isn't co-op heavy like FF:CC).
Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

FFIX is not only my favorite Final Fantasy game but also one of my favorite games of all time.

If I had an order:

1. IX
  2. VI
  3. VII
  4. IV
  5. XIII (haven't finished)
  6. V
  7. VIII (hated it)

COSMICX815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 COSMICX815
Member since 2009 • 1053 Posts

the only bad FFs were FFXII and FFX-2. Other than that, none have left a bad taste for me. Also Dirge of Cerberus was pretty junky... A good idea done wrong.

So from best to least...

{ FFX_FFIX_FFVII_FFXIII_FFVIII_FFVI_FFIII_FFXI_FFXII_FFX-2 } I really enjoyed 9 simply by its story and level-up through equipment. 10 was the best for story, sphere grid, and weapon systems. Materia made FF7 great, and the summons were awesome. FFXII felt like I wasn't even playing and difficulty wasn't even there... My worst completion of a game. X-2 really was kinda....poop.. Dress Spheres?? WTF?

sieg6529

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 99

#19 sieg6529
Member since 2004 • 1585 Posts
I thought it was great. I played it again a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it. Certainly better than 8 or 10 in my opinion.
Greyfeld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 Greyfeld
Member since 2008 • 3007 Posts

[QUOTE="0diN_7"]

gizmo_dave100

from the ff's you have played whast your order from best to worst? 7 10 12 8 9 13

/facepalm

This is what happens when kids join late in the series.

X-2

Greyfeld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 Greyfeld
Member since 2008 • 3007 Posts

[QUOTE="gizmo_dave100"]

xWoW_Rougex

*mindblown* WHAT?

FFIX is THE best Final Fantasy. It has EXCELLENT music, it has EXCELLENT atmosphere, it's chocobo system is THE best of them all, the moogles are AWESOME, the characters are very interesting, unique and likeable and the artstyle of FFIX is THE best in a game EVER EVER EVER. The whole game is just so extremely charmy and awesome.

yeah, i don't understand it either. Most of the complaints I've heard is that the art style is too "childish." Which I thought was part of its charm. I think my only real complaint is they didn't spend more time developing Amerant (sp?).

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

FFXIII actually reminds me of FFIX, but I like FFXIII more. Let's see,

1. FFVIII 2. FFVII 3. FFX 4. FFXIII 5. FFVI

6. FFIX 7. FFXII 8. FFV 9. FFIV 10. FFI~III

Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
It's my #1 favorite FF and my favorite video game of all time.
Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#26 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

9 is my favorite ff, and the third i played

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#27 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts

FFXIII actually reminds me of FFIX

How is that?
Eleckidding

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Eleckidding
Member since 2010 • 262 Posts
It's the best Final Fantasy tied with 6 and slightly above 4.
gizmo_dave100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 gizmo_dave100

[QUOTE="gizmo_dave100"]

xWoW_Rougex

*mindblown* WHAT?

i love all FF games that i have played :-) just saying its my second least favorite, not that i dont like it! and one thing is the music is crap compared to 7,8 and 10!
GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 GrandJury
Member since 2009 • 15396 Posts
It is actually one of my favorites. It is a great game.
hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

FFXIII actually reminds me of FFIXLegolas_Katarn

How is that?

They both tend to have a sillier, more juvenile approach in terms of the story. Overexaggerated acting as well.

jouluturkki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jouluturkki
Member since 2007 • 112 Posts

FFIX isn't bad by any means. Has some great characters (excluding Amarant who is the sorriest excuse for a character ever) and an interesting storyline.

Few things I don't like is the card game Tetra Master, which is pointless in many ways. No prizes to be won, cards are random and rules of the game are hidden and scattered all around the game. Big letdown compared to the awesome Triple Triad in VIII.

Limit Break (Trance) system in this is useless. It takes ages to fill up, you can't control it so it will most definitely activate in some random battle, even though you'd like to save it for a boss fight.

What really gnaws me is that getting the Excalibur II and all other missable stuff is not possible in the PAL-version.

There's also only, I think three, hidden bosses in the game and none of them are particularly hard.

hyper_trunkx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 hyper_trunkx
Member since 2004 • 6719 Posts
i never played much of 9. i dont care for the characters. i always thought that knight dude looked kinda like buzz lightyear..lol.
Barbie_Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Barbie_Boy
Member since 2009 • 667 Posts

FF9 is freaking awsome, the best in the series (tho I admit that I yet to play 5 and 6 :oops: )
interesting characters and story... maybe amarant could have been done better, hell you can miss his back story.
the only game since FF7 that truly been a great fantasy story

nocoolnamejim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#35 nocoolnamejim
Member since 2003 • 15136 Posts
It's my favorite Final Fantasy game of all time and it isn't even really that close. My list of the ones I've played from favorite to least favorite. 9 10 4 6 12 8 Crisis Core 7 1 X-2 Mystic Quest
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#36 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
how can you not love 9? I guess my list would go somethin like: 9 10 6 4 1 X-2 Mystic Quest 8 7 13 XI
MrDziekuje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#37 MrDziekuje
Member since 2004 • 7730 Posts

8/9, 1, 2, 4, 3, Crystal Chronicles, 7, 12

I've never been able to decide which I like best, VIII or IX. So I just put them bothat number one.

Dr_Corndog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#38 Dr_Corndog
Member since 2004 • 3245 Posts
It's one of the best. It had its minor flaws, but just about any game of that scope will have some, and none of FFIX's are really that bad.
churdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 churdo
Member since 2009 • 177 Posts

FF Tactics

FF VII

FF IX

FF VIII

FF IV

FF X

FF XII ( is a nice game but so different of the other FFs, different style)

FF X-2 ( Worst FF ever )

domatron23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 domatron23
Member since 2007 • 6226 Posts

Nah I didn't like 9 for some reason. I know lots of people really love it but the story, characters and gameplay just didn't jive with me.

For my money it's:

FF10>FF7>FF8>FF12>FF9>FF2>FF3>FF1>FF10-2

Those being the only ones that I've played.

dpgunit_3087

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 dpgunit_3087
Member since 2004 • 830 Posts

[QUOTE="xWoW_Rougex"]

[QUOTE="gizmo_dave100"]

gizmo_dave100

*mindblown* WHAT?

i love all FF games that i have played :-) just saying its my second least favorite, not that i dont like it! and one thing is the music is crap compared to 7,8 and 10!

The music is crap? I can't believe I just read that...I found the soundtrack to be excellent, and easily on par with 7, 8, and 10. Perhaps even better as it has some incredibly beautiful tracks. I believe Uematsu also considers 9 to be his favourite FF, he mentioned it in an interview.

TheDrunkenLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 TheDrunkenLord
Member since 2010 • 367 Posts

it's a tough call, but IX is probably my favourite. Great selection of characters, Zidane, Steiner and Vivi in particular are some of the most memorable characters of the series. The whole atmosphere of the game is very cool - I know everybody loves their cyberpunk in VII but the medieval setting in IX really struck a chord with me. The game does lose steam by the fourth disc though, and to this day I still can't get my head around the last minute plot twist. But as a whole, it's a great game and I'll probably replay it after I finish my current playthrough of VIII.

Marmotas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Marmotas
Member since 2004 • 2944 Posts

I liked FF9.

FF7,6,9,5,8,4 then (12,13,10 together but somehow in this order) and lastly 10-2 or something like that.

FF9 had tons of good stuff, the gameplay, the story, most of the characters, the customization, the music (i dont like the music as much as FF5,6,7 and 8 but is good) and so on.

But i also remember i didnt liked some stuff, like the character design (i just... hated how some of the characters looked like), Quina... i hated Quina so much (and Amarant)... ehhh, the Trance system was aweful, worst FF limit system ever. And the card game... that thing was such a pain.

Anyways, i liked more than i didnt liked.

jouluturkki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 jouluturkki
Member since 2007 • 112 Posts

Quina is like, the best character, ever. S/he always has something funny to say (food related), no matter how grave situation at hand.

Barbie_Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Barbie_Boy
Member since 2009 • 667 Posts

(i just... hated how some of the characters looked like), Quina... i hated Quina so much

Marmotas

quina

Quina, the best ridiculous character ever