Favorite Spacemarine

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for PrecedeInsanity
PrecedeInsanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 PrecedeInsanity
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

Doom, Quake, Halo, Mass Effect, Warhammer (space marine only), or starcraft, mine would be the spartan's of halo, because they have the perfect blend of power, strongheadedness, and seem generally well rounded, keeping a buisness as usual demeanor that resembles Warhammer however adds a certain amount of humanity to them that reminds you that under the helmet is another helmet, then a human.

(NOTE: provide explanation and try to decide on the faction not on one person, so try not to decide you like spartans the best because of master chief)

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts
Warhammer 40K. Mostly because their zealotry is as massive as their armor.
IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#3 IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

Probably the Warhammer 40k Space Marines. They're generally portrayed as one dimensional characters throughout the various games they've been in, but I can't help but be bias thanks to all the Warhammer 40k books I've read.

Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

Warhammer 40k. Anyone who says Starcraft space marines can go and get chainsworded

PrecedeInsanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PrecedeInsanity

lol

all Warhammer 40k?

it was a close second for me btw.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

Power armor is for p*ssies The Doom marine only needs a green jumpsuit and a biker helmet to take on the armies of Hell

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 El_Zo1212o

Power armor is for p*ssies The Doom marine only needs a green jumpsuit and a biker helmet to take on the armies of Hell

Black_Knight_00
I'd rather have it and not need it then need it and not have it :D
Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"]

El_Zo1212o

That's what she said :D
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
doom guys pretty cool
Ryder_49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ryder_49
Member since 2011 • 119 Posts
Warhammer 40,000 Space Marines "The uniforms of the Imperial Guard are camouflaged in order to protect their wearers by hiding them from sight. The principle is that what the enemy cannot see he cannot kill. This is not the way of the Adeptus Astartes. A Space Marines armour is bright with heraldry that proclaims his devotion to his Chapter and the beloved Emperor of Mankind. Our principle is that what the enemy can see, he will soon learn to fear"
Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Video game: Terran

Movie (and probably over all): Aliens/Colonial Marines

PrecedeInsanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 PrecedeInsanity
[QUOTE="Ryder_49"]Warhammer 40,000 Space Marines "The uniforms of the Imperial Guard are camouflaged in order to protect their wearers by hiding them from sight. The principle is that what the enemy cannot see he cannot kill. This is not the way of the Adeptus Astartes. A Space Marines armour is bright with heraldry that proclaims his devotion to his Chapter and the beloved Emperor of Mankind. Our principle is that what the enemy can see, he will soon learn to fear"

in other words they're bawlzy
markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 markop2003
Member since 2005 • 29917 Posts
Warhammer, because they're dicks. No one in the Warhammer 40k universe is an angel, the Space Marines are incredibly bitter egotistical fanatics.
markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 markop2003
Member since 2005 • 29917 Posts
[QUOTE="PrecedeInsanity"][QUOTE="Ryder_49"]Warhammer 40,000 Space Marines "The uniforms of the Imperial Guard are camouflaged in order to protect their wearers by hiding them from sight. The principle is that what the enemy cannot see he cannot kill. This is not the way of the Adeptus Astartes. A Space Marines armour is bright with heraldry that proclaims his devotion to his Chapter and the beloved Emperor of Mankind. Our principle is that what the enemy can see, he will soon learn to fear"

More suicidal.... ever since the Horus Heresy they've been trying to prove their devotion by hunting down the traitor legions by running directly into fire
Ryder_49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ryder_49
Member since 2011 • 119 Posts
[QUOTE="markop2003"][QUOTE="PrecedeInsanity"][QUOTE="Ryder_49"]Warhammer 40,000 Space Marines "The uniforms of the Imperial Guard are camouflaged in order to protect their wearers by hiding them from sight. The principle is that what the enemy cannot see he cannot kill. This is not the way of the Adeptus Astartes. A Space Marines armour is bright with heraldry that proclaims his devotion to his Chapter and the beloved Emperor of Mankind. Our principle is that what the enemy can see, he will soon learn to fear"

More suicidal.... ever since the Horus Heresy they've been trying to prove their devotion by hunting down the traitor legions by running directly into fire

To be fair, the technology, weapons and power armour kind of LET them do that.
PrecedeInsanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 PrecedeInsanity
i wouldn't say that about the 3 we see in the third person shooter. all the others in the books, maybe...
Avatar image for deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9
deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9
Member since 2009 • 7779 Posts

40k.

Blood for the Blood God!

gamerdude375

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 gamerdude375
Member since 2012 • 204 Posts

Warhammer 40k

LessThanMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LessThanMike
Member since 2002 • 5364 Posts
Lol. Duke Nukem doesn't qualify as a space marine? :D
Vangaurdius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 Vangaurdius
Member since 2007 • 671 Posts
Doom Guy: His maximum run speed is 819.52 map units per second (32 map units=1 meter, based on guy's height) Means he runs at 25.61 meters per second (57.2897 MPH) Usain Bolt ran 100 meter dash in 9.69 seconds. Doomguy could run it in 3.905 seconds. (148% faster) This means he can outrun a lion and keep that speed indefinitely with approximately 200 pounds of equipment. In TF2 doomguy can outrun everything but arrows and the manmelter. (you have to convert to hammer units for TF2) Summary of Doomguy's story: Deimos get invaded and everyone dies except for Doomguy. He then goes and tries to clear Deimos but he gets ambushed and dies, then "respawns" in hell because Deimos became a part of it. So then he clears out THAT hell base place and its new commander and actually get to the outer levels of hell. Then he clears that out and kills the guy leading the invasion. Then the guy in charge of Hell GIVES you a teleporter to Earth so he'll stop messing stuff up. Yeah, you read that right. Hell brought him back to life because he kicked it's behind. When he teleports to Earth there are demons there. So you meet the last few survivors, get them on a space ship, so they can get out of there. The problem is the place that allows it to launch is overrun by demons. So then he kills all those demons, and launches the ship saving humanity. Now this walking god of destruction is getting kinda of tired, so he decides to take a nap. Then some jerkwad commander wakes you up because "Thanks for the help, but we found out the demons are coming from your home town." So then he gets back up. He fights his way to his hometown and go through the portal because there are demons that need killing. Then he fights his way through the SERIOUS part of hell, then kills SATAN. (unless Plutonia/TnT are canon, then you just killed Satan's best friend) Now he's the most powerful human in all video games ever. Even JRPG's can't match doomguy. They need a team, doom guy punches things so hard they explode. Another thing to keep in mind. Doom uses two bytes to measure sector height, maximum value is 65536 units (height value between -32768 and 32768). Doomguy can jump from maximum height (minus his height of 56 units, so 65480) to minimum height without taking any falling damage. So as far as we know according to the Doom engine he can fall from at least 2 kilometers and not take any damage at all.
PrecedeInsanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 PrecedeInsanity

Duke Nukem is not a space marine becuz he doesn't occupy a planet other that earth.

hes not even part of hte military, of what i recollect from 90's when his games were somewhat ok. So no.

Not Duke Nukem.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 El_Zo1212o
[QUOTE="Vangaurdius"]Doom Guy: His maximum run speed is 819.52 map units per second (32 map units=1 meter, based on guy's height) Means he runs at 25.61 meters per second (57.2897 MPH) Usain Bolt ran 100 meter dash in 9.69 seconds. Doomguy could run it in 3.905 seconds. (148% faster) This means he can outrun a lion and keep that speed indefinitely with approximately 200 pounds of equipment. In TF2 doomguy can outrun everything but arrows and the manmelter. (you have to convert to hammer units for TF2) Summary of Doomguy's story: Deimos get invaded and everyone dies except for Doomguy. He then goes and tries to clear Deimos but he gets ambushed and dies, then "respawns" in hell because Deimos became a part of it. So then he clears out THAT hell base place and its new commander and actually get to the outer levels of hell. Then he clears that out and kills the guy leading the invasion. Then the guy in charge of Hell GIVES you a teleporter to Earth so he'll stop messing stuff up. Yeah, you read that right. Hell brought him back to life because he kicked it's behind. When he teleports to Earth there are demons there. So you meet the last few survivors, get them on a space ship, so they can get out of there. The problem is the place that allows it to launch is overrun by demons. So then he kills all those demons, and launches the ship saving humanity. Now this walking god of destruction is getting kinda of tired, so he decides to take a nap. Then some jerkwad commander wakes you up because "Thanks for the help, but we found out the demons are coming from your home town." So then he gets back up. He fights his way to his hometown and go through the portal because there are demons that need killing. Then he fights his way through the SERIOUS part of hell, then kills SATAN. (unless Plutonia/TnT are canon, then you just killed Satan's best friend) Now he's the most powerful human in all video games ever. Even JRPG's can't match doomguy. They need a team, doom guy punches things so hard they explode. Another thing to keep in mind. Doom uses two bytes to measure sector height, maximum value is 65536 units (height value between -32768 and 32768). Doomguy can jump from maximum height (minus his height of 56 units, so 65480) to minimum height without taking any falling damage. So as far as we know according to the Doom engine he can fall from at least 2 kilometers and not take any damage at all.

You win.
Vangaurdius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 Vangaurdius
Member since 2007 • 671 Posts
You win.El_Zo1212o
Taken from various sources. It was a team effort of numerous people to figure that stuff out. I still can't get images to post on gamespot so I had to type it all out. Don't want to steal credit where credit isn't due.
Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

doom.jpg

Doom guy.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#25 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
Warhammer, because they're dicks. No one in the Warhammer 40k universe is an angel, the Space Marines are incredibly bitter egotistical fanatics.markop2003
Hahahaha THIS.
m25105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 m25105
Member since 2010 • 3135 Posts
Warhammer 40,000 Space Marines.
PrecedeInsanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 PrecedeInsanity

so... warhammer and doom guy are the most popular... i figured halo would've gotten more votes... hm...

nismo8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 nismo8000
Member since 2007 • 1000 Posts
i'm going to have to say Avitus from Dawn of war 2, i watched that guy kill SOOO many xenos! lol
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 El_Zo1212o
[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"]You win.Vangaurdius
Taken from various sources. It was a team effort of numerous people to figure that stuff out. I still can't get images to post on gamespot so I had to type it all out. Don't want to steal credit where credit isn't due.

After playing more of WH40K Space Marine, I'm afraid I'm going to have to change my vote back. Captain Titus is officially the single most badass protagonist I've ever played as.
nismo8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 nismo8000
Member since 2007 • 1000 Posts
[QUOTE="Vangaurdius"][QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"]You win.El_Zo1212o

After playing more of WH40K Space Marine, I'm afraid I'm going to have to change my vote back. Captain Titus is officially the single most badass protagonist I've ever played as.

i had a LOT of fun killing bloodletters. maybe TOO much fun.
Avatar image for Apathetic_Prick
Apathetic_Prick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#32 Apathetic_Prick
Member since 2003 • 4789 Posts

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"]

El_Zo1212o

That's what the BFG is for. I wholeheartedly nominate the Doom marine.