Fanboy v. Gamer

This topic is locked from further discussion.

XXMadManVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 XXMadManVII
Member since 2006 • 828 Posts
Whats the difference? I think a "fanboy" is somebody who is hopelessly dedicated to a game/console/platform and will defend thier choice with the utmost enthusiasim. They will also bash anything put out by the competion of thier favorite product, even go as far as to make up BS facts to support thier lame a$$ arguments. Gamers, on the other hand, will play anything on any system as long as it is good, and somethings that are not so good (just to form thier own opinion if nothing else). Gamers know stuff.... we can carry on intellegent conversations with other gamers without having to resort to name calling and temper tantrums. So the way it brakes down is all fanboys are gamers, but not all gamers are fanboys. I dont particulary like fanboys very much btw....
digxxbitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 digxxbitty
Member since 2006 • 457 Posts
congrats you stated the obvious. what do you want me to discuss? if i didn't know better i'd think you were a troll.
XXMadManVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 XXMadManVII

Thanks for proving my point about name calling and unintelligent arguments..... I am simply attempting to start a discussion about the differences between gamers and fanboys. I was under the impression that that is what forums are for. If your first reaction to my statements is to flame, well then thats your problem, not mine. But if you have anything intelligent to say, by all means go right ahead.

thekodaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 thekodaman
Member since 2006 • 1733 Posts
I'm afraid ever since gaming became a mass-media this battle has long since been lost. The fanboys rule supreme now =(
XXMadManVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 XXMadManVII
Is being called a Fanboy an insult?? It is in my book. Would anyone ever claim to be a fanboy? I wouldn't
Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#6 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts
You've just told everybody what everybody already knows.
Avatar image for Video_Game_King
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#7 Video_Game_King
Member since 2003 • 27545 Posts
Essentially, that. I defend any console that puts gameplay as its highest priority.