Empire: Total War 8600m gt BEST SETTINGS to play??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Paurue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Paurue
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I have an 8600m gt 256mb video card and was playing the demo. My laptop has 2.4ghz duo processor and 4gb ram. The land battles went semi smooth on my xps m1530 laptop on 1400x900 res. with most medium settings (naval battles verged on unplayable). My question is if anyone from experience knows of settings that will allow the game to run smoothly on (mostly) medium settings? Thanks for your input
McJugga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 McJugga
Member since 2007 • 9453 Posts
Very high, 16xAA, 1920x1080.
Paurue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Paurue
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Very high, 16xAA, 1920x1080.McJugga
I can't imagine... It is a thing that reaches beyond the highest promontory, medium is my goal, high is mere fantasy
ArchonBasic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 ArchonBasic
Member since 2002 • 6420 Posts

It's probably something that you'll have to figure out for yourself. Start by turning off stuff like shadows, then tune down the AA if you have to.

redrobodragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 redrobodragon
Member since 2005 • 215 Posts

AA basically increases the number of textures that have to be processed by your video card, if you put it on 2X you get twice as many calculations, 4X means four times, and so on... so basically its a huge weight off its back if you completely turn it off.

Also try turning HDR off specially if you have AA on. Putting Grass on low means your grass will disappear closer to the camera, this is good specially when you zoom because when these overlap they will create lag.

lower the resulution will mean less pixesl to process, this will definately give you big boost.

make sure to use Shader model 3 (low) not (high) it will give you at least 10 fps boost.

gl