Emotions that you feel in Video Games.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Bluestorm-Kalas
Bluestorm-Kalas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Bluestorm-Kalas
Member since 2006 • 13073 Posts

This is for my Psychology class, and I decided to conduct a survery on you guys. Being such, I am to tell you that noones name will be given out due to confidentiality, please answer all questions to your best ability, and if you wish to see the results of my test, I can make a new thread posting them, since we were supposed to allow the people we studied/surveyed a chance to see the results if they wish.

Now, without further ado, here we go.

Do you find that you feel more emotional playing Video Games than you would while watching T.V.?

Yes, no, or uncertain.

Reading books?

Yes, no, or uncertain.

What are your most common emotions when playing games? (of the suggested ones, you can choose either one or two, but not three)

Anger, Frustration,Happiness, Sadness, Anticipation, Curiosity, Contempt, or Other_________(Please specify)

Do you get competitive while playing games online or with friends?

Yes, no, uncertain

Does this competitive behavior sometimes lead to aggression? (if answered yes to first question, if you answered no, just choose no again)

Yes, no, uncertain

Does this competitiveness lead to a different emotion?

Yes (specify), no, uncertain.

Thanks for your time!

Hezval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Hezval
Member since 2007 • 59 Posts

1) Do you find that you feel more emotional playing Video Games than you would while watching T.V.?

-- Yes. [Not So Sure About Movies Though.]

2) Reading books?

-- Uncertain.

3) What are your most common emotions when playing games?

-- It usually depends on the game. But generally, Anticipation and Contempt.

4) Do you get competitive while playing games online or with friends?

-- Yes.

5) Does this competitive behavior sometimes lead to aggression?

-- Yes.

6) Does this competitiveness lead to a different emotion?

-- No.

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 muthsera666
Member since 2005 • 13271 Posts

This is for my Psychology class, and I decided to conduct a survery on you guys. Being such, I am to tell you that noones name will be given out due to confidentiality, please answer all questions to your best ability, and if you wish to see the results of my test, I can make a new thread posting them, since we were supposed to allow the people we studied/surveyed a chance to see the results if they wish.

Now, without further ado, here we go.

Do you find that you feel more emotional playing Video Games than you would while watching T.V.?

Not really. If a tv show or a movie has a good story line and makes me feel attached to the characters, then I can get emotional during them as well.

Reading books?

Same as above. If there is a good storyline and fleshed-out characters, I get into the story.

What are your most common emotions when playing games? (of the suggested ones, you can choose either one or two, but not three)

Anger, Frustration,Happiness, Sadness, Anticipation, Curiosity, Contempt, Hatred, Joy, Justified, Shocked, Horrified, Scared, pretty much any emotion one can feel. Maybe not love...

Yes, no, uncertain

Does this competitive behavior sometimes lead to aggression? (if answered yes to first question, if you answered no, just choose no again)

Ummm, I'll answer anyway. Sometimes I get really upset at myself that I'm not good enough to beat it...

Uncertain.

Thanks for your time!

Bluestorm-Kalas
cos_vanquish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 cos_vanquish
Member since 2007 • 1143 Posts

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Anticipation, Curiosity

4. Yes

5. No

6. Yes (Thrilling)

F-14Bombcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 F-14Bombcat
Member since 2007 • 413 Posts
1.YES

2.NO

3.Anticipation , Frustration

4.YES

5.YES

6.NO

Moogleman23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Moogleman23
Member since 2007 • 186 Posts

1- Yes

2- Uncertain

3- Happiness, curiosity

4- yes

5- no

6- no

Avatar image for Joystick_n_hand
Joystick_n_hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 Joystick_n_hand
Member since 2007 • 460 Posts

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Curiousity, Satisfaction

4. Yes

5. No

6. Yes, comradery

set101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 set101
Member since 2005 • 452 Posts

Yes

Reading books?

Uncertain.

Anger,Happiness, Anticipation,

Yes

No

More fun!

selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 selbie
Member since 2004 • 13295 Posts
Do you find that you feel more emotional playing Video Games than you would while watching T.V.? Yes Reading books? no What are your most common emotions when playing games? (of the suggested ones, you can choose either one or two, but not three) Anticipation, Contempt Do you get competitive while playing games online or with friends? Yes Does this competitive behavior sometimes lead to aggression? Yes Does this competitiveness lead to a different emotion? no