EA's lame advertising..

This topic is locked from further discussion.

brad12d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 brad12d3
Member since 2004 • 1040 Posts

Just saw the Dead Space 2 "Your Mom is going to hate it" ad..and Seriously? It's no secret that many mom's in the world would cringe at many of the games we play, but I don't really see the point of this ad. I don't see this really having an effect on gamers. If they see gameplay footage and think it looks cool, then they will probably buy it. This ad only has the ability to incite the anti-game folks in the world that love to find ways that games are destroying our society. Gamers get enough crap as it is, we don't need some ad convincing the non gamer general public that we are sociopaths. I mean are they trying to tarnish the game industry as much as possible. Hey look at what horrible, terrible disgusting things we create and play with... whoo hoo!! Just make the game, give us a cool game play trailer, and take our money..

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44423 Posts
I thought the ad was pretty funny myself. To me I wouldn't say that this is something that will create negative publicity or tarnish the game industry because of the context of the game. Dead Space 2 is a game more based in fantasy with monsters and such. This type of ad wouldn't work with something that was based more on reality like say a game like Grand Theft Auto. "Run over people, shot police officers, pick up prostitutes. Your Mom's going to hate this." Yeah, now that would be something that didn't work. :lol:
DraugenCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#3 DraugenCP
Member since 2006 • 8486 Posts

It's smart advertising towards junior high kids who buy games based on how much gore is in it.

Harkat95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Harkat95
Member since 2009 • 1139 Posts

It's smart advertising towards junior high kids who buy games based on how much gore is in it.

DraugenCP
Truth hurts, but yes. Although the RIDICULOUS amounts of gore in Dead Space 2 (dismembering hordes of small child mutants then stomping their skulls to bits on the floor which is not an uncommon occurrence) seems to appeal to that crowd anyway.
TaoJeetKuneDo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 TaoJeetKuneDo
Member since 2010 • 512 Posts
[QUOTE="DraugenCP"]

Harkat95
Truth hurts, but yes. Although the RIDICULOUS amounts of gore in Dead Space 2 (dismembering hordes of small child mutants then stomping their skulls to bits on the floor which is not an uncommon occurrence) seems to appeal to that crowd anyway.

well , gore is a plus to me if the game is good . Maybe the game is good ( i didn't played it 60$ 0_0 ) and it also has gore , should i not buy it because it's gory ? I don't think so .
topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#6 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts

The ad looks to have two motives behind it - make you laugh, and appeal to younger people because they think parents won't like it.

MattDistillery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 MattDistillery
Member since 2010 • 969 Posts

Most imature advertising ever.... It makes it hard for this medium to be taken seriously as a form of entertainment for adults.

DraugenCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#8 DraugenCP
Member since 2006 • 8486 Posts

should i not buy it because it's gory ? I don't think so .TaoJeetKuneDo

Where did anyone say that?

NCsmallCHILDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 NCsmallCHILDS
Member since 2010 • 790 Posts

I didn't think anyone could have no sense of humor what so ever. Looks like i was wrong.

TaoJeetKuneDo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 TaoJeetKuneDo
Member since 2010 • 512 Posts

[QUOTE="TaoJeetKuneDo"]should i not buy it because it's gory ? I don't think so .DraugenCP

Where did anyone say that?

No one here said that but a gory game would attract me too because violence in video games in nice , i don't think that if i see a gory game commercial i'm a junior high kid who wants to buy the game .
giantqtipz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 giantqtipz
Member since 2010 • 884 Posts

do gamestop employees still check ID's at the counter?

BiometricSafe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BiometricSafe
Member since 2011 • 67 Posts

I saw nothing wrong with the dead space 2 ad, i actually thought it was pretty funny. People always find something to complain about.

HaloPimp978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#13 HaloPimp978
Member since 2005 • 7329 Posts

I didn't see anything wrong with the ad. I guess EA could be a little more creative with there advertising.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44643 Posts
This again? Why do people bring this up? For starters I liked the ad, even if it is dumb or silly or whatever, fine, you weren't taken in by the ad and if you don't care don't play the game, your loss. And if you loved the first game so much you wanted this game the day you finished the first then the ads shouldn't matter. I can mock ads all day, they're like 26% of all television broadcasting. Mock the Snuggie, mock erectile dysfunction remedies, mock the ShamWow or the Slap Chop, why waste your breath mocking a TV spot for one of the best games to be released so far this year.
Gibsonsg527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Gibsonsg527
Member since 2010 • 3313 Posts

Most imature advertising ever.... It makes it hard for this medium to be taken seriously as a form of entertainment for adults.

MattDistillery

Its not all for adults, just look at all of the games that Nintendo made.

Harkat95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 Harkat95
Member since 2009 • 1139 Posts
This again? Why do people bring this up? For starters I liked the ad, even if it is dumb or silly or whatever, fine, you weren't taken in by the ad and if you don't care don't play the game, your loss. And if you loved the first game so much you wanted this game the day you finished the first then the ads shouldn't matter. I can mock ads all day, they're like 26% of all television broadcasting. Mock the Snuggie, mock erectile dysfunction remedies, mock the ShamWow or the Slap Chop, why waste your breath mocking a TV spot for one of the best games to be released so far this year.lamprey263
Then again, did the opening post REALLY bother you so much you HAD to reply to it and challenge why it was made? I'm tired of the "If you don't like it..."-argument.
MattDistillery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 MattDistillery
Member since 2010 • 969 Posts

[QUOTE="MattDistillery"]

Gibsonsg527

Its not all for adults, just look at all of the games that Nintendo made.

The game is rated Mature.... It's like advertising Saw to 8 year olds.

In the UK it's illegal to sell it to anyone under the age of 18.

This game is not meant for children.

mercenaryy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mercenaryy
Member since 2008 • 135 Posts
yeah sure "your MOM IS GONA HATE IT" is so DAMN LAME...but EA had great advertise for other games , like mass effect 2
lasseeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 lasseeb
Member since 2010 • 1186 Posts

MattDistillery
Video games arent only for adults...