Dragon Age is looking interesting...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Unknown_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 The_Unknown_B
Member since 2009 • 63 Posts

I enjoyed Mass Effect and thought it had solid enough combat and a great story, I understand that Bioware is working on dragon age, but I want to see how the combat is before i pass judgement but I am really hoping it is what i am urging for, and bioware always takes time in what they do. If any one has any information regarding the combat I would like to known plz, the last thing i want is Fable II type combat (wasn't my cup of tea)

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

I am fairly sure that its been stated that combat is somewhat akin to BG2, so no mass efect like 3rd person shooter here, Looking at the gameplay vids, it seems like the player "auto" attacks based on roundtime, which makes it a point - wait - kill game... perhaps NWN would be a better analogue...

It is only based on observations tho, there might be more under the hood that havent been shown. Heck in what has been shown they even bring back the "pause" butten so you can give orders about your next few attacks, and line up orders. So I think it is safe to say it is nothing at all like Mass Effect.