Does the PS2 slim model play DVD-R DL discs??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HotScully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 HotScully
Member since 2008 • 84 Posts

That's my question.

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts
No, buy your games.
amirzaim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 amirzaim
Member since 2007 • 1720 Posts
PS2 slim version can play DVD-R DL games. Yeah, most PS2 games are using the DVD-R DL and it wouldn't have a disc reading problem if you're using the slim version than the phat versions. Also, PS2 slim version also play PS2 games that had been hard-copied if you're have a disc reading problems although the the bottom surface of the disc is in good condition.
coughlanio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#4 coughlanio
Member since 2005 • 4306 Posts
No, buy your games. hakanakumono
He could be enquiring about DL media for home movies...
HotScully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 HotScully
Member since 2008 • 84 Posts
I am not looking to play burned/pirated games, just movies, as a previous poster suggested.
Flaming_Spoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Flaming_Spoon
Member since 2008 • 289 Posts
PS2 slim version can play DVD-R DL games. Yeah, most PS2 games are using the DVD-R DL and it wouldn't have a disc reading problem if you're using the slim version than the phat versions. Also, PS2 slim version also play PS2 games that had been hard-copied if you're have a disc reading problems although the the bottom surface of the disc is in good condition. amirzaim
First off less than 4% of PS2 games are pressed on Dual Layer DVDs. A HIGH majority (read 85%) are on Single Layer DVDs and the remaining are older PS2 games that are printed on the blue backed CDs. That being said, unless you have a CD press WITH SONY authorization codes for the retention spring errors then there is no way to play OR create a backup of any PS2 game without modifying or using other methods to circumvent protection ... none of this stuff is allowed to be talked about on the forums so I suggest asking elsewhere or face a possible moderation. (sorry to necro this thread but if this comes up in a google search it is good that the correct information at least be posted)
gamengineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gamengineer
Member since 2009 • 51 Posts
Yes, they can play. I guess GOD OF WAR games are on DL discs and also some other great games on PS2. @hakanakumono - you can stop acting smart and show your anti piracy attitude somewhere else. He was just asking something and that wasn't the way to reply.