does anyone remember this cheat in the original sonic game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for TrueConservativ
TrueConservativ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TrueConservativ
Member since 2007 • 59 Posts
I dont have a clue how it was done, but I remember way back in the 16 bit era my sister somehow did something that allowed her to be any sprite from the game (Gold rings, Robotnik etc) naturally, she didnt allow me to play it i only got to watch... so all these years later out of no where i remembered and would like to try it out.
Avatar image for Video_Game_King
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#2 Video_Game_King
Member since 2003 • 27545 Posts
You did up, down, left, right at the title screen, getting you into debug mode. I know it did something.
SDog624

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SDog624
Member since 2003 • 2032 Posts
ya you're thinking of the debug code. up down left right is the level select code though. i dont remember off the top of my head but it should be here on gamespot or gamefaqs.
Avatar image for JannettyTRocker
JannettyTRocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JannettyTRocker
Member since 2006 • 1160 Posts

HERE is where I found this information, in case you needed the link.

Debug mode:
Press Up, C, Down, C, Left, C, Right, C, Start, then hold A at the title screen. Continue to hold A until game play begins. Screen coordinates will appear instead of a score and the number of objects displayed will appear instead of the time remaining. Use one of the following controller actions to enable the corresponding debug code. Note: This code may only be enabled on the first version of the game.

Object transformation
Press B during game play to change Sonic into a game object. Press A to change into a new object. Press C to place an object on the screen. Press B again to revert back to Sonic. Note: The type of object that may be selectable will vary from level to level.
Invincibility
Sonic is, by default, invincible in debug mode. Note: Sonic can still drown, be crushed, fall and die, etc. He is only invincible to enemy attacks.
Information in this section was contributed by Fakey McFake.
Slow motion
Pause game play and hold B.
Restart
Pause game play and press A.
Frame advance
Pause game play and press C.