Does anybody know any REALLY good N64 cuz my friend is gonna give 1 for $15

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for ZombiePhoenix72
ZombiePhoenix72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ZombiePhoenix72
Member since 2010 • 342 Posts
Im just wondering what N64 games are really good beside Majora's Mask and Ocrina of time cuz my friend might sell me a N64 for $10 to$20 and I have like $450 so I can afford it. So can any-one tell me any good games in case I buy it
Phazon64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Phazon64
Member since 2009 • 612 Posts

The Banjo Kazooie series, Perfect Dark, DK64 -really anything by Rare.

Besides that Mario 64 was good, as was Smash Bros, Starfox 64, Mario Party 1, 2, and 3, Mario Tennis, Blast Corps, and Goldeneye.

hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts
Wasn't there a mario kart for the N64? Was it good also?
Phazon64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Phazon64
Member since 2009 • 612 Posts

Wasn't there a mario kart for the N64? Was it good also?hydralisk86

Mario Kart 64, how could I forget about that! :lol:

Edit: Oops, didn't see your question. MK64 is a great game, not the best of the Mario Kart series but still a must have for the N64, especially if you play it with other people.

Stinger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Stinger78
Member since 2003 • 5846 Posts

Besides Mario, Zelda and Donkey Kong you could get

Extreme-G, Extreme G: XG2, Mario Kart 64, Perfect Dark, Star Wars Rogue Squadron, Star Wars Shadows of the Empire, Turok: Dinosaur Hunter and Vigiante 8.

You'll probably also want to make sure to get the Ram Expansion pack - it has a red top to it - some games required it, while others got somewhat enhanced graphics from it.

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

I'll just list (no particular order)

1. Mario 64

2. Mario Kart 64

3. Mario Party 1,2,3 (all of them arguably the greatest in the series)

4. WWF No Mercy

5. NFL Blitz 2001

6. Wayne Gretzky's 3d Hockey

7. NBA Showtime

8. The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time

9. The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask

10. Goldeneye

11. Perfect Dark

12. Banjo-Kazooie

13. Banjo-Tooie

14. BlastCorps

15. Bomberman 64

16. Jet Force Gemini

17. Starfox 64

18. F-Zero X

19. Donkey Kong 64

20. Diddy Kong's Racing

These are all quality, and some of the most popular N64 titles.

kingdavid562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 kingdavid562
Member since 2010 • 1173 Posts

Im just wondering what N64 games are really good beside Majora's Mask and Ocrina of time cuz my friend might sell me a N64 for $10 to$20 and I have like $450 so I can afford it. So can any-one tell me any good games in case I buy itZombiePhoenix72
lucky...

my freind didnt wana sell me his n64 so i had to pay 40$ on amazon...

Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#8 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts
Not the best system in the world, but for that price that's awesome! N64 has a few treasures that really stand out, the downside is that other than those treasures there really isn't much selection that isn't already on PS1 or Dreamcast. My personal favorites on the N64: (Not counting the awesome Zelda games, as requested) -Donkey Kong 64 (Need Expansion Pack) One the all-time great 3D platformers. The same quality that showed in the SNES Donkey Country series comes out again in this fully 3D update. Rare shines again! -Doom 64 A lot of people look down on it because by the time the N64 came out, the Doom series was well established. But by this day and age, it hardly matter because all releases of it are old. And this is a completely different game than the original Doom anways and looks great on N64. -Forsaken A great first-person ship shooter (in cockpit view), with fully 3D graphics and 360 degree view. It is in the same vein as Descent for the PC ans PS1, but much better graphics and an actual story. There is also a great multiplayer feature. -007: Goldeneye This game is what inspired modern first-person shooters like Halo and Call of Duty. Rare (the developers behind Battletoads and Donkey Kong Country) shows the world what first-person shooters will look like for the next decade. -Resident Evil 2 If you don't have the PS1 version of this game, then by all means get it and play it anyway you can. Survival horror at it's best, Capcom's legendary production quality, and a deep story mark what is my personal favorite entry into the series. But if you have the PS1 version, or better yet the Dreamcast version, then play those. -Spider-Man A great action-adventure game that involves more than just beat-em up levels. You still get to feel the joy of beating the heck out of some low-level lackey, and actually nearly getting killed by bosses, but you also do a lot of platforming, web-slinging, puzzles, and even timed-events. This game is what Spider-Man: Movie and Spider-Man 2 games for the PS2 and Xbox were built from. And it has a ton of unlockables for the comic fans! But same as RE:2, if you can have this for PS1 or even better the Dreamcast, then play those. -Super Mario 64 Arguably the most influential 3D platformer of all-time and just plain fun. Miyamoto never disappoints. -Tony Hawk's Pro Skater Series Take your pick from the different entries, with the first game being quite a bit more primitive than the others. Nonetheless, they are fun games and well polished for it's era. And this is coming from a gamer who doesn't care from sports games. But again, they're better on PS1 or Dreamcast if you can get em.
cheesie253

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 cheesie253
Member since 2003 • 1014 Posts

You should def. pick up theSnowboard Kids games.

PersonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PersonNinja
Member since 2008 • 405 Posts
Conker's bad fur day
meekgeekquinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 meekgeekquinn
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Mario Kart 64 is an obvious choice. Any of the Mario Party games will prove to be worth it. I also really love Paper Mario for the 64. It was awesome and totally worth it. :)
PersonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 PersonNinja
Member since 2008 • 405 Posts
Mario Kart 64 is an obvious choice. Any of the Mario Party games will prove to be worth it. I also really love Paper Mario for the 64. It was awesome and totally worth it. :)meekgeekquinn
I forgot about that one! I love that game so much!
jetslalom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jetslalom
Member since 2010 • 574 Posts

100% make sure u get the following titles, as well as 4 controllers cus its way fun to play with your friends,

Goldeneye, the best fps ever made, mad fun with friends as well as single player

Mario kart 64, awesome fun and the best mario kart game ever made

WWF No Mercy

JuanGrande386

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JuanGrande386
Member since 2003 • 1116 Posts

just picked up a n64 with expansion pak and cables for $10 at goodwill, the purple controller and memory card cost $4, and goldeneye was $3. so $17 total. you should look at Goodwill or some other thrift stores for controllers, parts, and games if you have one in you town.