Pharoahogc1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Pharoahogc1
Member since 2004 • 174 Posts

As the title ask's do you replay? In my case its very rare for me to replay, idk why, but I just feel done with it (game) once I beat it, the only games I ever have replayed was the halo series, and some old cod (MW2). But with the Uncharted remakes coming I think I might just have to replay them :-)

So what about you ?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44290 Posts

It's getting rarer and rarer for me to do so. It's all because I simply don't have the time to do so. There's just too many games that I want to play coming out these days. I have a backlog of games sitting on my shelf that I still need to play.

gmak2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 gmak2442
Member since 2015 • 1089 Posts

Like movies now, I doubt I'll replay games. I was doing that in the past like for Dune1 that I have finish like 4 times and Chrono Trigger two times. Maybe later in the future I could replay some games like Shadow of Mordor but I doubt since new games are always better almost so not point to play old games and I even rather wait for new release and do something else of my life.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#4 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

I always replay my games.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56214 Posts

If it's FPS story mode such as Halo, then yeah, I replay my games. I replay The Last of Us like 10 times already.

tatman87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 tatman87
Member since 2015 • 227 Posts

Sometimes I start replaying a game I have finished but usually I get distracted by games I haven't yet played. The only games in recent memory that I played all the way through multiple times was Dark Souls and Resident Evil Revelations.

MuD3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MuD3
Member since 2011 • 2192 Posts

I used to a lot, now if there is a game I liked a lot I'll wait until all the DLC is released and it's packaged all together in a sale and then I'll replay the whole thing with the DLC

Alex839

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 Alex839
Member since 2015 • 151 Posts

Yes. I replay classics like Half Life 2, Deux Ex HR & other favs once a year. Funny thing though, Okami is by far the best game i played, and i`ve only completed it twice. In 2006 when it was released &...last month. Similar thing with Shadow of the Colossus. Madness.

Storm-Caller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Storm-Caller
Member since 2015 • 47 Posts

If I like the game well enough, then yes.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11674 Posts

If I really like the game my aim is complete everything, but as replay. Notably if it's no longer a new experience?

Normally only if it's centered around multiplayer. I can replay games like Tekken and Monster Hunter all the time.

As singleplayer games are concerned, a rare few. Mostly ones that have a more arcade'y feel like Castlevania and Mario. Or an intense RPG like the first Disgaea and Chrono Trigger.

joe_b1_kenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 joe_b1_kenobi
Member since 2007 • 849 Posts

Very rarely do I replay games. Only one I can think of is zelda windwaker when it was re-released on wiiU. If another of my favourite games had the same treatment and enough time had passed then id do the same. I love the uncharted series but they still feel fresh in my mind so I'll pass on the collection.

vvulturas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 vvulturas
Member since 2015 • 1249 Posts

It depends. I'm not interested in any videogames until The Phantom Pain releases this coming September, so I've found myself replaying a lot of my older videogames. In rare occasions, games captivate me so much, I play through them 3-4 times, as was the case with the first Bioshock, and The Last of Us.

Right now I'm playing through Fallout 3 and KOTOR.

yukushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By yukushi
Member since 2011 • 2368 Posts

@Pharoahogc1: No I have a huge stack of games to play, even if I wanted to I would not be able to find the time to do it.

John_of_Rivia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 John_of_Rivia
Member since 2015 • 232 Posts

Much like movies I generally don't find myself replaying single player campaigns. Idk, it's just the way my brain works. However, like with the movies, if I'm capable of enjoying it with someone else, then there's a chance I'll replay a campaign.

Multiplayer I can play for hundreds of hours.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#15 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

When I have time, yeah. Mostly ends up being either Okami or one of the Souls games, though, because I really, really like those games. Really would like to revisit some old PS1 games at some point. Haven't touched them in years.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44290 Posts

I do tend to play multiplayer a lot in games like Halo, Gears of War, Call of Duty, Forza, numerous fighting games, etc. but I don't really consider that to be 'replaying' a game.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

If it's a game that I really liked....yes! Most of the time it will just be my favorite part of the game.

Ross_the_Boss6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Ross_the_Boss6
Member since 2009 • 4056 Posts

I like to replay shorter games if I think they're good, but I tend to play long RPGs/open-world games that last anywhere from 30-100 hours.

I'm definitely not playing that shit a second time.

Pharoahogc1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Pharoahogc1
Member since 2004 • 174 Posts

@Ross_the_Boss6 said:

I like to replay shorter games if I think they're good, but I tend to play long RPGs/open-world games that last anywhere from 30-100 hours.

I'm definitely not playing that shit a second time.

Hahahaha I know exactly how you feel.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#20 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Sure, but it depends on the title. I'd say replay of a story-driven game is rare. Given retracing my old steps or having a new experience I usually opt for a new experience. A few exceptions are things like the original Thief series, where perfecting the stealth and just reliving the tension is worth it, or RPGs with really branching stories that I can take a different path on. Games that are more sand-box or less narrative driven I'll keep playing indefinitely (until I get sick of them).

Avatar image for TrappedInABox91
TrappedInABox91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 TrappedInABox91
Member since 2013 • 1483 Posts

I only replayed Ocarina of TIme (3x over the years) A Link to the Past ({Probably the same) and some of the old Pokemon games. I believe I replayed Fallout 3 again but gave up. The game needs to wow the **** out of me to go back.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Yes because that's most of the reason I collect them in the first place. Most games that I don't think I'll ever replay I end up just renting because why buy them if you're only gonna one-and-done them?

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22389 Posts

Obviously depends on the game but generally yes, if I really enjoyed it, I usually play it again. Witcher 3 for example I'll definitely play again eventually, because of the different endings and missions I missed.

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

I sometimes do. I recently played through Metro 2033 on a harder difficulty. Also played through the Stalker games a few times and Half-Life 2, CoD4, Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, MGS3, GTA 4 and 5, Batman Arkham Asylum and City, Final Fantasy's. So yes I do replay games :P