Do you get uneasy when you watch noobs play? (Watch as in in real life)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zerocrossings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 Zerocrossings
Member since 2006 • 7988 Posts

Not trying to be a jerk, but this is how i genuinely feel. Whenever i see a noob playing and he/she does something stupid, ihave the iresistable urge to snatch the controller out of their hands and play the game myself. Never actually did it of course.

Anyone feels the same way?

FullMetalRoze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 FullMetalRoze
Member since 2010 • 169 Posts

I feel the same way as you do, especially with my other half and some of my friends xD

lucfonzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 lucfonzy
Member since 2008 • 1835 Posts

Yeah I think everyone gets that feeling. Playing games is a very personal thing and when you watch someone and they do something in a way that you wouldn't it gets very frustrating.

I've just learned to let people get on without interruptions, they will learn one way or another.

FullMetalRoze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FullMetalRoze
Member since 2010 • 169 Posts

Yeah I think everyone gets that feeling. Playing games is a very personal thing and when you watch someone and they do something in a way that you wouldn't it gets very frustrating.

I've just learned to let people get on without interruptions, they will learn one way or another.

lucfonzy

I agree with you there (:

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Nope, but if there's one thing that used to bother me, and still might, is when people would consider themselves good Street Fighter players, and use throw traps. Growing up and going to arcades it was a given that if the match was to be taken seriously, there would be a "no throws" exchange between the two people playing. I don't know if that exists anymore though. So, to answer your question, if someone happens to be exploiting something in a competitive game, I skip the uneasy part and more so want to sock them in the jaw.

Lostboy1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 Lostboy1224
Member since 2007 • 3425 Posts
Similar feelings, but then they wouldn't learn and graduate from Noobs to Average gamers.
Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

I'm half and half on it. I only get annoyed when I'm watching someone get stuck at a point where the solution is painfully obvious but that person doesn't know what to do.

SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 81

#8 SemiMaster
Member since 2006 • 19011 Posts

It's a thing I try to fight grabbing the controller away from them, mostly because I want to play, and part they have no clue. But generally I try to be tolerant and help. But when someone who just logically should know better doesnt listen to instructions from a more veteran player, then well... that irritates me. For instance, lots of people in White Knight Chronicles use longswords, but also use healing magic and buff themselves. My job as a healer/supporter is to keep you buffed and alive, YOU as the attacker just attack. Nope... every 15 seconds they just start recasting their buffs even though they didnt wear off. That irritates the crap out of me.

needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 needled24-7
Member since 2007 • 15902 Posts

i don't get uneasy, but i really feel like just telling him what to do, but i don't ever do that. for example, at my friend's place, this one kid was talking about COD and how much fun it was to do on a certain drug (not weed, mind you) so i thought that meant he was good or something, but then he'd be walking around in close quarters using the Thumper, not getting kills.

btaylor2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#10 btaylor2404
Member since 2003 • 11353 Posts
I cannot, seriously can't, watch anyone else play. I either want to grab the controller, or it makes me queasy.
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#11 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
Yes, especially when I see people playing horribly on videos where they are commenting on the game or watching some of the gameplay videos you see for games.
jks22112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#12 jks22112
Member since 2005 • 2395 Posts
Not really bad, because it's not usually their fault. My problem is when they keep making the SAME MISTAKE and then get super angry at the game.
Avatar image for AtomicTangerine
AtomicTangerine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AtomicTangerine
Member since 2005 • 4413 Posts

I had a buddy who wasn't too smart, and I watched him play Braid for about a half-hour. It was brutal, because when somebody figured out the answer, he would tell them to shut-up because he wanted to do it himself.

ResEv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ResEv
Member since 2002 • 205 Posts

You know, I wanna say no but sometimes I catch myself shaking my head at how bad they can be. I had a friend come over and introduced him to Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 and had him do some of the easier missions, and I found myself getting a little upset that he was getting owned.

Daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#16 Daavpuke
Member since 2009 • 13771 Posts
I unfortunately have that with the misses. For some reason I think it's a given that you are able to perform simple tutorial like tasks on your own when gaming. It's weird..
sarahxox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#17 sarahxox
Member since 2008 • 957 Posts

Yeah, I get so frustrated when I'm watching friends play. Its impossible for me to sit and watch and keep quiet.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

People get frustrated with me when they watch me play tetris, because I will ONLY go for a tetris no matter what.

Quaker-w00ts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Quaker-w00ts
Member since 2009 • 1646 Posts

i play with this kid or noob which ever you prefer..

nazi zombies to be exact

i only get uneasy when noobs are horrible and they gloat like their absolutely fantastic....

(when he throws monkeys near our team and kills us all)

Alter_Echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 Alter_Echo
Member since 2003 • 10724 Posts

If someone else is playing a game i generally have to leave the room. What i hate worse than watching is when someone ( my GF for example ) asks me to do a particular part for them because they are stuck and then a milisecond after i finish they are complaining that they want the controller back.

Avatar image for sinistergoggles
sinistergoggles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 sinistergoggles
Member since 2005 • 9919 Posts

Sometimes. I usually laugh at him/her to make myself feel better though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb421ab1b937
deactivated-5bb421ab1b937

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#23 deactivated-5bb421ab1b937
Member since 2010 • 354 Posts

I don't know any noobs irl. I only hang around hardcore gamers.

Zerocrossings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 Zerocrossings
Member since 2006 • 7988 Posts

I don't know any noobs irl. I only hang around hardcore gamers.

SupaKoopaTroopa

How fortunate. My little brother is playing Battle field BC2 right now, so im hiding in my room in the meantime.

ND3Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ND3Elite
Member since 2010 • 50 Posts
No since we were all "noobs" when first starting out in any game
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#26 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
Yes.... when my dad plays something (or tries to) I can't shut up offering advice that means nothing to him. It's super annoying to him, but I can't stop.
Avatar image for Mysticaloldbard
Mysticaloldbard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Mysticaloldbard
Member since 2009 • 66 Posts

I don't have a problem with this.. What does get to me, though, is when I am watching someone play a game (and at times, I enjoy doing this), and they are progressing at a painfully... slow... rate...and wander along, seeming to be way to laid back on the couch there, getting nothing done.

NightStein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28 NightStein
Member since 2009 • 1084 Posts

When my friends are noobs on it i try helping them but sometimes it just piss me off and i want to take the controller, but i don't...

But when my gf is playing i try to help her as much as i can trying to explain her what she doesn't understand, and even have to translate english most of times, cause she doesn't speak it. But hey it's my gf after all and i want her a pro too :P

JAHBU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 JAHBU
Member since 2008 • 127 Posts

Yeah...LOL...I get upset when my lady tries to play a fps and makes the game look like its soooo hard to control... then for me it feels like second nature!

4NGoods

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 4NGoods
Member since 2007 • 1030 Posts
Not really. I'm of the opinion that everyone starts somewhere so it doesnt bother me too much. If they're doing something wrong i might give them some advice but i actually enjoy watching people play games as much as playing games myself.
blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts
i get bored and wonder around
LightGalaxy_07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 LightGalaxy_07
Member since 2009 • 626 Posts

I had a buddy who wasn't too smart, and I watched him play Braid for about a half-hour. It was brutal, because when somebody figured out the answer, he would tell them to shut-up because he wanted to do it himself.

AtomicTangerine
i hate that kind of BS person
gashoe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#33 gashoe13
Member since 2007 • 511 Posts

I second you there. :)

You see, when I see a noob play and he does something stupid, I can't help but make a sarcastic, insulting comment. I never actually want to take the controller, but I just can't hold my tongue and the comment usually passes through my lips. Like when a guy tries to stick an infection form in Halo.

When I see a noob play and he uses some overpowered weapon in multiplayer, it kind of annoys me as well though I say nothing and kind of just watch. Especially watching my friends play Modern Warfare 2. My one friend, a total noob, uses akimbo shotguns every match, and still gets 7 kill streaks (not against me). It's really annoying.

ZenesisX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#34 ZenesisX
Member since 2008 • 1651 Posts

Yes, its an odd feeling, I cant help but feel a certain way when im watching a friend or family member do something potentially horrid while playing. I try to give advice but it doesn't seem to help:(

HaLoMaStErJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 HaLoMaStErJT
Member since 2008 • 1380 Posts

I watched my uncle and my cousin play MW2 split screen, they both sucked especially my uncle who nevr played a game in his life or held a controller for that matter. I just laughed at how he couldn't even move his character, while my cousin is sniping him from every direction. For me its just funny how people mess up in games.

ResEv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ResEv
Member since 2002 • 205 Posts
[QUOTE="gashoe13"]

I second you there. :)

You see, when I see a noob play and he does something stupid, I can't help but make a sarcastic, insulting comment. I never actually want to take the controller, but I just can't hold my tongue and the comment usually passes through my lips. Like when a guy tries to stick an infection form in Halo.

When I see a noob play and he uses some overpowered weapon in multiplayer, it kind of annoys me as well though I say nothing and kind of just watch. Especially watching my friends play Modern Warfare 2. My one friend, a total noob, uses akimbo shotguns every match, and still gets 7 kill streaks (not against me). It's really annoying.

Dude seriously, I think its one of the few things in video games that truely irritates me... not only watching some nub who's never played the game using some weapon that can kill people in one hit and doing really good, but then turning around and talking smack like he can run the game etc... It's like dude seriously STFU!
Avatar image for hunterallen2010
hunterallen2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 hunterallen2010
Member since 2010 • 26 Posts
as someone you would call a noob I look for advice and try to play the single player as much as I can. On the other hand I can't stand watching people play video games it is just really boring for me
Wolfetan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Wolfetan
Member since 2010 • 7522 Posts

ME!

My friend came over and he was playing chapter 5. of uncharted 2. Seeing how I have memorized this whole chapter I just wanted to beat it for him in 2 minutes. He took 15 just to get to that chloe part. And if there were scoreboards I would be the highest for CH 5, 18 and 19. Mark my word.

Gemini_Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Gemini_Red
Member since 2003 • 3290 Posts

Nope. The only thing that makes me cringe is when they get so frustrated with a game that their hand gestures start getting a bit erratic. At that point I just wait to see a controller go flying. Aside from that, why should I care? If they are enjoying themselves that's all that matters.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
Depends on their age, if they are my age then yes, if they are my counsins children then it's understandable if they can't go past level 2 in Crash Bandicoot.
gameguy6700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 gameguy6700
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

It doesn't make me queasy or uneasy, but I do get frustrated watching my friends play the start of a game and screw up at every possible thing. Like "where do I go?" as they wander around the same tiny room for five minutes. Or when they get shot down by the first enemy they come across.

The1337Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 The1337Gamer
Member since 2010 • 53 Posts

Oh, God! I can't count how many times I've spectated someone playing in Counter-Strike (waiting for the round to end) and uttered phrases such as:

"Are you kidding me?"

"Oh, yea, that's real smart!"

"Oh, no, don't check that spot or anything! Even Iheard him run there and I'm not even playing!"

"Oh, no, don't watch the bomb or anyting. Just run around like an idiot so they can defuse, yea!"

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#43 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
I actually had a friend yell at me cause he was playing F.E.A.R. and I was like "there, ammo, medkit, watch out: two guys behind that door, grenade, hide there". I meant to be helpful cause he was doing so badly, but looking back that must have been annoying :lol:
Avatar image for SteveTabernacle
SteveTabernacle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#44 SteveTabernacle
Member since 2010 • 2584 Posts
Oh man, yes. I always have to fight the urge to try to show them how to do it myself, because when I do, I essentially just play the whole level/section myself. (which probably makes me look like a jerk)
lucarocks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#45 lucarocks1
Member since 2009 • 601 Posts
I hate going round to a friends house to watch them play their single player games, epecially if I have no interest/beaten the game. Wait no, even more when I am playing the game at home and they are further than me and ruin it for me. I do somtimes feel like shutting the console off but I restrain myself, lol.
munkeypoo45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#46 munkeypoo45
Member since 2008 • 3221 Posts

i only feel that way if they are messing up my rank. but i usually don't care about them playing bad. i just laugh at their mistakes or noobness.