Do not buy Far Cry Primal: A hate speech.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bacece731933
deactivated-5bacece731933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5bacece731933
Member since 2015 • 218 Posts

I recently had the chance of playing Far Cry Primal on a powerful computer with ultra settings and I was shocked to see the quality of the textures. I mean, neither Far Cry 3 nor 4 had very good HD textures, but none of them were as bad as this, I think. The textures of Primal seem to belong to a game made 5-6 years ago! The grass is similarly designed horribly, the animations and the meshes are at best "fine". The graphics could have been forgiven, of course, if the game was really good however... The game is identical to the previous two games in terms of gameplay, asset repetition is ridiculous and I just read news about how the developers used the same map from Far Cry 4. I think Ubisoft finally deserves a very strong community reaction, this is unacceptable. What brought them to the point of pride where they think that they can charge 50 Euros for such an inferior game, where they have the nerve to try to trick people via smart advertisement to which they spend the money that should have been spent for the development and where they can pretend that this game is good, amazing, worth the money is beyond me. Please, do not buy this game. Ubisoft has the potential to make good games because it has a good crew but whoever it is that's in charge needs to be fired immediately for repetitively ruining games that could be good if made by a different developer. I am actually sick of seeing advertisement for Ubisoft games that I know will be a disappointment. As a programmer, I feel bad for those who work at Ubisoft. People who clearly have the talent to make a good game if they were allowed to do so but who are restrained by the ones who pay the bills. I said it before, Ubisoft is turning into Abstergo each day and the smugness they have is really the worst part. 50 EUROS! What nerve. Don't buy it, don't pirate it, just stay away from this game until Ubisoft makes a public apology about their deceptive and lazy development procedures.

I was surprised to not see a grapple hook in Far Cry Primal because with that, Ubisoft could easily claim that this is a completely new amazing game. Although, Ubisoft apparently does not need anything to claim a game to be a completely new amazing game anyway.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22389 Posts

I'm enjoying it overall... but it is starting to get a bit repetitive. The story is pretty lacklustre too.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#3 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I like it lol but the story is far from good.

CleanB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 CleanB
Member since 2013 • 289 Posts

Thought this was gonna be a boycott thread about alleged hate speech in the game. What have you done to the net, SJW's?

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#5 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

Don't really care about the graphics stuff, I'm not too picky about it. As far as the map controversy... can you really tell it's the same map as Far Cry 4 when playing the game? I imagine everything would look different enough that you wouldn't even notice. If it's entirely overhauled, I don't think it's necessarily lazy. All that said, I never saw this as something that would be a full-priced game, so I'll give you that. It looks and, I imagine, feels like a large standalone expansion. With that in mind, I'll gladly rent and play through the game because I really enjoyed Far Cry 3 & 4 and am looking forward to the change of pace this game will be.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5bacece731933

@SoNin360: I agree, had this been released as an Expansion for a reasonable price, I would have no problem about it. If the game was the first Far Cry since Far Cry 2, again, it would have been a very good game. The problem is not directly about the game, actually. It is about Ubisoft and their asset-recycling policies. Some game companies try a lot to make their new release much better than their last game and even like this they price it half as expensive as what Ubisoft does. On the other hand, Ubisoft just reuses and reuses the same mechanics, same gameplay, same animations, same designs and same everything to make a slightly different game every year, price it as expensive as they can and prior to its release, start an advertisement bombardment. It is absolutely frustrating for me. What about CD Projekt Red? How dare Ubisoft price this game 50 Euros whereas Witcher 3 was just 25 Euros?? There must be a ton of different factors affecting the pricing, I understand that but if a game is twice as expensive as Witcher 3, at least put the same amount of thought and effort to it! As I said, its the nerve! The nerve that makes me this mad! Here is an idea: Don't advertise it. Make a good game and price it reasonably by saving money from advertisement. Far Cry is already a series that will advertise itself on its own. All the Youtube ads, even Gamespot ads- we pay for it as the customer at the end. For what?

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#7 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

@pcfascist: So this is really just a rant about its price and not so much about the content of the actual game. I don't find that to be much an issue personally when I wait to buy games used at a cheaper price or rent them. I don't know why The Witcher 3 has to be brought up. Not every game should be compared to it and I'm not sure what to say about the pricing since I don't live in that region. But here $60 is the standard for a full-priced game, which The Witcher 3 and Far Cry Primal were at launch. Ubisoft seems to know what they're doing marketing-wise, which I understand some people aren't going to like. Ultimately, they're a business like any other trying to make money off of their products. If pricing is such an issue, simply wait to find the game at a cheap price.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By deactivated-5bacece731933

@SoNin360: No you misunderstood. The issue is not the price, I gladly pay this price for other games. The problem is about Ubisoft's effort vs. pricing ratio. Minimal effort, maximum price. I brought up Witcher 3 only to emphasise this. In that case, maximum effort vs minimal price (Witcher 3 was 25 euros compared to Primal which is 50 in my country). I think certain standards are required, Witcher 3 can be an overkill in this sense but nevertheless, as customers we deserve what we pay for or in other terms, games deserve to either be priced according to the effort and care or have enough effort and care presented for the asked price. As for the marketing, I am simply saying that Ubisoft is making the players pay for the advertisement of the game that they want to sell. I wonder if they would make or lose more money had they kept the advertisement to a minimum and priced it accordingly.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10490 Posts

yeah loads of places are reporting it's the same map as far cry 4. no surprises that under the hood the game is pretty much identical to the previous one. that's par for the course with modern ubisoft.

they've gone from small groups of devs working locally together as a team to produce great games with unique characteristics and personality to a multi-continent based enormous team of devs who never meet, working round the clock on small isolated aspects of games, never getting to see any of the other parts the other teams are working on, with no real ownership of the game as a whole. no surprise they now almost exclusively churn out bland, repetitive, personality free "AAA" games with recycled mechanics and features. i read that from the website of a guy who blogged about why he quit his dream job at ubisoft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5bacece731933

@Macutchi: Exactly.

yukushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 yukushi
Member since 2011 • 2368 Posts

I am going to play it but I dont think its worth $60 for what it is so when it gets down to $40 I will pick it up.

gooch4011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 gooch4011
Member since 2016 • 139 Posts

This doesn't surprise me much. I thought the last 2 where lackluster, as soon as I seen this advertised I had a feeling it would be bad. I'm sorry but the whole primal setting seems lame.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#13 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

I didnt and wont buy it because it was obvious hearing the devs talk about it, that it would involve minimal effort. Far Cry 3 was awesome, FC4 was nothing but a reskin with little effort as possible put into all areas of the game. On top of that, Ubisoft does not optimize their games for PC very much at all. Theyre all broken at launch. Last one I remember that was not was Splinter Cell Blacklist. If they cant take their products seriously, with the aim being quality, not just dollars, why should I? I have plenty of good games to play without wasting time on something made by developers whose motto should be "Diminishing Returns"

tanerb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 tanerb
Member since 2003 • 1300 Posts

Didn't buy any AC games after AC2 and didn't buy any FC games after FC3. Talk with your wallet people.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2074 Posts

Well, it's not too surprising is it? Neither the ps4 nor the xb1 can handle all that much more - so why bother making better games?

Just recycle the same old thing. Slap a different story and paint scheme on to it and call it a new game!

Only when the ps5 comes out will devs be forced to make better stuff.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

They try to use the same formula on almost all of their games, they need a serious wake up call.

Quantum_Wake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Quantum_Wake
Member since 2015 • 61 Posts

Yeah this is one I'm going to wait on until it drops to 30 bucks or so. Not worth 60 it looks.

Avatar image for terminalyinsane
TerminalyInsane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 TerminalyInsane
Member since 2016 • 99 Posts

I'm glad you posted this. Now I will wait unit I can get it used for cheap.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

I kinda like the setting, but I also know I would be bored very easily and quickly considering there's only a Bow, Club and Spear as weapons.
It's pretty much a shooter with little variation in therms of gameplay but with a interesting setting.

So for me it's not going to be a purchase.

SNESMaster420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SNESMaster420
Member since 2006 • 1358 Posts

I agree, it should have been an expansion or a standalone expansion like Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon or whatever it was called.

Oi_Oi_Spanky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Oi_Oi_Spanky
Member since 2015 • 301 Posts

@pcfascist said:

I recently had the chance of playing Far Cry Primal on a powerful computer with ultra settings and I was shocked to see the quality of the textures. I mean, neither Far Cry 3 nor 4 had very good HD textures, but none of them were as bad as this, I think. The textures of Primal seem to belong to a game made 5-6 years ago! The grass is similarly designed horribly, the animations and the meshes are at best "fine". The graphics could have been forgiven, of course, if the game was really good however... The game is identical to the previous two games in terms of gameplay, asset repetition is ridiculous and I just read news about how the developers used the same map from Far Cry 4. I think Ubisoft finally deserves a very strong community reaction, this is unacceptable. What brought them to the point of pride where they think that they can charge 50 Euros for such an inferior game, where they have the nerve to try to trick people via smart advertisement to which they spend the money that should have been spent for the development and where they can pretend that this game is good, amazing, worth the money is beyond me. Please, do not buy this game. Ubisoft has the potential to make good games because it has a good crew but whoever it is that's in charge needs to be fired immediately for repetitively ruining games that could be good if made by a different developer. I am actually sick of seeing advertisement for Ubisoft games that I know will be a disappointment. As a programmer, I feel bad for those who work at Ubisoft. People who clearly have the talent to make a good game if they were allowed to do so but who are restrained by the ones who pay the bills. I said it before, Ubisoft is turning into Abstergo each day and the smugness they have is really the worst part. 50 EUROS! What nerve. Don't buy it, don't pirate it, just stay away from this game until Ubisoft makes a public apology about their deceptive and lazy development procedures.

I was surprised to not see a grapple hook in Far Cry Primal because with that, Ubisoft could easily claim that this is a completely new amazing game. Although, Ubisoft apparently does not need anything to claim a game to be a completely new amazing game anyway.

Do you know why paragraphs were invented?

fenriz275

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 fenriz275
Member since 2003 • 2384 Posts

I'm still waiting for Far Cry 4 to get down below $20 before buying it so it will be a while before I buy this one. From the reviews there just isn't enough new to get me to spend $60 on Primal, I'd imagine the stone age weapons and animal companions would get old fast.

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#23 MondasM
Member since 2008 • 1897 Posts

i'd prefer it if ubi created a follow-up to blood dragon, that game was / is sick... :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-5bacece731933

@MondasM: Yes, and I remember that it ended in a "To be continued" way, right?

so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#25 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts

All of that text and you only dedicated half of a sentence to the actual playing of the game: "The game is identical to the previous two games in terms of gameplay..."

There's still no reason to think the game isn't fun from what you've said.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#26 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

Im unsure why anyone looks forward to any games in this series... but all trolling aside: are you guys surprised that an annualized franchise from Ubisoft has borrowed assets and crappy textures? What were you guys expecting?

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#27 MondasM
Member since 2008 • 1897 Posts

@pcfascist said:

@MondasM: Yes, and I remember that it ended in a "To be continued" way, right?

unfortunately i do not remember that apart from it being awesome... :)

FantasticT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#28 FantasticT
Member since 2014 • 35 Posts

I uninstalled it last night after putting in about 12 hours of gameplay. With me there is always that one title in every franchise I can't get into. With FarCry it was Primal. There isn't anything wrong with familiarity of features and controls but to just re-skin a game and reduce weapon options is just phoning it in. This definitely should have just been an expansion.