Did you enjoy Bully? What do you want in the sequel?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Adversary16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 Adversary16
Member since 2007 • 1705 Posts

It has been confirmed that they would consider working on a sequel after the release of Max Payne 3. I hope they finalise this decision.

Shazaaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Shazaaman
Member since 2009 • 132 Posts

I would like a sequel with different location and characters. I enjoyed messing about in Bully. But I would not be mad for a continuation of the same story.

Adversary16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Adversary16
Well, I've seen some people asking for a different setting and protagonist but I disagree. I loved Bullworth Academy, the cliques, the teachers and the town. In fact, I think that R* should continue Jimmy's story and for that, the sequel should take place 1 - 2 years after the original game's events.
TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TheFallenDemon
Member since 2010 • 13933 Posts

Bully 2: College Days.

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#5 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

Well, I've seen some people asking for a different setting and protagonist but I disagree. I loved Bullworth Academy, the cliques, the teachers and the town. In fact, I think that R* should continue Jimmy's story and for that, the sequel should take place 1 - 2 years after the original game's events.Adversary16

Well that wouldn't really work. You'd have the same setting with the same characters and it really isn't Rockstar's thing to make a full fledged non spin off using the same character in the same place. It would probably end up feeling like an HD remake or DLC, and there isn't a whole lot more to Jimmy's story.

Personally, I want a public school setting this time. Add a larger cast of kids and teachers (which should be possible with today's consoles), and put a focus on the suburbs and hang outs and things I can remember kids doing. Maybe add modern cliques like emo kids, hipsters, ghetto kids, skateboarders, etc.

I don't think the main character should be older then 15, at that point the violence is less about wacky kids in scuffles and more about young adults committing assault and battery. Plus I don't think letting be able to use cars would work, because then it would be less Bully and more Teen GTA.

Shazaaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Shazaaman
Member since 2009 • 132 Posts

I agree. The kid has to stay young or it would start feeling like real violence and would not suit the game.

Adversary16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Adversary16

[QUOTE="Adversary16"]Well, I've seen some people asking for a different setting and protagonist but I disagree. I loved Bullworth Academy, the cliques, the teachers and the town. In fact, I think that R* should continue Jimmy's story and for that, the sequel should take place 1 - 2 years after the original game's events.SPYDER0416

Well that wouldn't really work. You'd have the same setting with the same characters and it really isn't Rockstar's thing to make a full fledged non spin off using the same character in the same place. It would probably end up feeling like an HD remake or DLC, and there isn't a whole lot more to Jimmy's story.

Personally, I want a public school setting this time. Add a larger cast of kids and teachers (which should be possible with today's consoles), and put a focus on the suburbs and hang outs and things I can remember kids doing. Maybe add modern cliques like emo kids, hipsters, ghetto kids, skateboarders, etc.

I don't think the main character should be older then 15, at that point the violence is less about wacky kids in scuffles and more about young adults committing assault and battery. Plus I don't think letting be able to use cars would work, because then it would be less Bully and more Teen GTA.

Yeah, you're probably right. So far, R* hasn't done that and I doubt they will with Bully 2 but they did mention he's a "fascinating character".

"EGM: Along those lines, will you be doing more games like this? Will there be something like a "Rockstar John Hughes" brand? Will Jimmy be around again?

JB: He's a fascinating character, definitely, and Bullworth is a fascinating place, so obviously we would love to explore, but we have no plans right now for it. We've got big games coming up in the next year or so...." - http://www.1up.com/do/feature?pager.offset=1&cId=3155813

However, I'm still vehemently against the introduction of older characters for the reasons you mentioned. It would ruin the atmosphere R* set out to create.

Ernesto_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ernesto_basic
Member since 2002 • 2123 Posts

No, actually, I didn't. I don't know if it was bad timing with life's responsibilities (school and work at the time) or the game's general direction, but I just never got into it. I'm sure that for others, it was every bit as great as the reviews say, but it was a very forgettable game for me.

tjricardo089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 tjricardo089
Member since 2010 • 7429 Posts

+ Better driving mechanics
+ Better weapons instead of a 'stud thrower'
+ Instead of being in highschool, maybe explore college
+ Add some more mini-games like billiard or poker

The rest is pretty great. Keep up with the hundreds of different clothes to pick :)

keybladegamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 keybladegamer
Member since 2011 • 516 Posts

As much as I would love a bully sequel, with all the buzz about bullying, it's probably not a wise move to release a game called "Bully"

Although if they changed the name I'd be all for a sequel.

Dexter-010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 Dexter-010
Member since 2011 • 494 Posts

+ Online co-op

+ Bigger city

+ Bigger school

+ More classes

+ More variations of missions

+ Better graphics

- No collectibles

bad_fur_day

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 bad_fur_day
Member since 2008 • 1988 Posts

I tend to think it's the most brillant game ever concieved, but thats just me. It was just pure gaming happiness the entire time, loved every minute.

I think anything rockstar thinks up would be awesome for this really.

Adversary16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Adversary16

As much as I would love a bully sequel, with all the buzz about bullying, it's probably not a wise move to release a game called "Bully"

Although if they changed the name I'd be all for a sequel.

keybladegamer

Well, Bully is also known as Canis Canem Edit and Jimmy wasn't exactly a bully anyway.

I tend to think it's the most brillant game ever concieved, but thats just me. It was just pure gaming happiness the entire time, loved every minute.

I think anything rockstar thinks up would be awesome for this really.

bad_fur_day

My thoughts exactly.

AcidSoldner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 AcidSoldner
Member since 2007 • 7051 Posts
Yes and yes.
sukraj