Diablo 3 is SO boring... Does it get better??

Savage_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Savage_Doom
Member since 2007 • 364 Posts

People... I am bored to tears with this game. Diablo 3 Ultimate Evil Edition (Xbox One). I got this game so my girlfriend and I could play together. The first 30 minutes was fun and ever since I have been bored. I literally feel like I am smashing one button the entire time, occasionally pushing a power button. There's no skill, tactics, danger or excitement... just mashing a button. I am bummed because I was looking forward to this "great couch coop" game. It's strange cause I read a lot of good reviews on it. We are maybe a little under 2 hours in and I'm wondering: does it get any better?

P.s. My girlfriend loves it, she is a fan of rpgs. I enjoy some rpgs, but its not really my genre. I really enjoy the presentation of the game, but the game play kills me. It looks like such a great couch coop game until you play it for more than 10 minutes.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34752 Posts

It gets better when you have unlocked some skills and runes and shit and can make a build you like. But the gameplay is extremely repetitive and the story is 100% terrible. If you haven't had a good time the first few hours, you should probably quit playing.

There are way better couch coop games out there you guys could play.

mirgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By mirgamer
Member since 2003 • 2489 Posts

I think its the fact that you're just not into RPGs. I can load up some of the best soccer games or racing games that thousands would swear upon and still be bored within half hour.

I'm not into ARPG so much, I play RPG for the stories and the former is usually very light on that. And I've heard D3 disappoints in that so I've never tried.

But I understand the draw of D3 and its ilk is actually the grind towards the player's own build and loot, slowly seeing and working on it to fruition and the satisfaction when it happens. Also, ARPG fans love seeing things just explode and implode all around them. Its just their thing so if you're not into that, you're not the target audience (same for me too).

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#4 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59291 Posts

Try turning the difficulty up.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Litchie

@uninspiredcup said:

Try turning the difficulty up.

Also that. Don't tell me you've been playing on the easiest difficulty, TC. A disabled monkey could do that.

Savage_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Savage_Doom

@Litchie: We are playing on hard @uninspiredcup

Savage_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Savage_Doom

Great responses, thanks. Ill probably let her continue alone, cause I can't get into it. I think its the the pure repetitive button mashing that is just unexciting and mind numbing to me. I can totally see how some people like it, its just not for me I guess.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

@Savage_Doom said:

Great responses, thanks. Ill probably let her continue alone, cause I can't get into it. I think its the the pure repetitive button mashing that is just unexciting and mind numbing to me. I can totally see how some people like it, its just not for me I guess.

Play Divinity: Original Sin with her instead.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#9 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

yeah, it's just not that good. I've had "fun" playing it as a means of doing something together while chatting with friends who live in other parts of the country, but it's the worst Diablo and there are better takes on the genre out there as others noted

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22413 Posts

Yeah I found it really boring too.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#11 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

I enjoy it sometimes, but I do agree its boring mostly

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44489 Posts

I loved the game myself but I can certainly see how others might find it boring.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#13  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59291 Posts

@Savage_Doom said:

@Litchie: We are playing on hard @uninspiredcup

Well, maybe just not your style of game. It is essentially clicking like mad, the only arguable skill involved is your character built, and even then in this, it's fairly simplified.

If you're looking for an engaging action rpg based on user skill, rather than hammering a key, I would recommend the YS series beyond YS I/II. These are fantastic action RPG's imo.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Co-op can make even the shittiest games fun if you are playing with the right person.

Yams1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#15  Edited By Yams1980
Member since 2006 • 2862 Posts

for myself I did get through diablo 3 but it was a boring game overall and i'm surprised i managed to finish it.

It does get a bit less boring after 30 minutes like you played so far, but if you don't like the game after 2-3 hrs or so you probably won't any more beyond that because the same thing thing over and over.

another big complaint i had with the game was it required to be connected to play it, i have a very bad internet connection and lost connection so many times and had to replay the same boring crap over and over it really made me appreciate Titans Quest so much more than this game since you can play the game offline whenever you want.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Litchie

@Yams1980 said:

for myself I did get through diablo 3 but it was a boring game overall and i'm surprised i managed to finish it.

It does get a bit less boring after 30 minutes like you played so far, but if you don't like the game after 2-3 hrs or so you probably won't any more beyond that because the same thing thing over and over.

another big complaint i had with the game was it required to be connected to play it, i have a very bad internet connection and lost connection so many times and had to replay the same boring crap over and over it really made me appreciate Titans Quest so much more than this game since you can play the game offline whenever you want.

Yeah, Titan Quest is a much better game than Diablo 3. You should try Grim Dawn if you haven't. It's from the TQ maker and is also better than D3.

joe78man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 joe78man
Member since 2003 • 26 Posts
@Savage_Doom said:

People... I am bored to tears with this game. Diablo 3 Ultimate Evil Edition (Xbox One). I got this game so my girlfriend and I could play together. The first 30 minutes was fun and ever since I have been bored. I literally feel like I am smashing one button the entire time, occasionally pushing a power button. There's no skill, tactics, danger or excitement... just mashing a button. I am bummed because I was looking forward to this "great couch coop" game. It's strange cause I read a lot of good reviews on it. We are maybe a little under 2 hours in and I'm wondering: does it get any better?

P.s. My girlfriend loves it, she is a fan of rpgs. I enjoy some rpgs, but its not really my genre. I really enjoy the presentation of the game, but the game play kills me. It looks like such a great couch coop game until you play it for more than 10 minutes.

Whatever you do, whatever you change, however you play it, it resumes to moving, smashing primary attack to gather energy/mana/rage/whatever and use secundary attack and the other 4 skills now and then. The game is dull, repetitive from the beginning to the end. NOTHING changes, you get thougher as mobs do too. Increasing the difficulty only means more hits to kill the same mobs and now and then encounter a blue challenge, which is to hit even more times and use health habilities or simply run, heal and come back to try again. Diablo 2 is still a better game

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58485 Posts

Yeah, you might just not be into the genre. The gameplay is pretty simplistic on paper, it's mostly about the high-level crazy runs, your character build and synergies and all that stuff.

I think you should maybe level a character to the highest level (it takes no time at all if your join groups and do bounties, rifts, etc), and see what the end game is about. I played the campaign once, after that it's sort of pointless; just do rifts and bounties with random people online or your girlfriend. If you don't enjoy the end-game, then quit.

I personally enjoyed Diablo 3 very much and still play it from time to time to this day (it has a permanent home on my hard drive), but it's certainly not the only good isometric ARPG out there. If you want a "good" ARPG, I suggest Grim Dawn, Torchlight 2, Titan Quest. If you find yourself not enjoying those, well, I don't think you like the genre. And that's fine, don't feel bad about it haha.

@bussinrounds said:
@Savage_Doom said:

Play Divinity: Original Sin with her instead.

I second this. One of the best co-op games ever made (Original Sin 1, and Original Sin 2). Get the "animal friend" perk :D

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

Yeah...much better couch cooperative games out there man. Like anything on the Switch is better for cooperative play than diablo.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

That necro thread

MagnusZerock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MagnusZerock
Member since 2018 • 27 Posts

I think if you're not enjoying it then you're doing it wrong fam. Diablo is that kinda game you have to grind. You have to like grinding for rare materials/weapons just so you can take out bosses. Like everyone here has been saying, it's mostly about your weapon/armor build, along with lots of clicking. Unless you're lazy like me and have a lot of passive skills.

TiggyTog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TiggyTog
Member since 2017 • 324 Posts

Diablo III is the worst game in the series even with the DLC included.

It's just not as good as the first two, and if that's not your thing there are plenty of Action-RPG's out there that can scratch that itch.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44489 Posts

I really enjoyed the game myself. Got it for the 360 and then got the Xbox One version and had a lot of fun playing it.

EpicChris86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By EpicChris86
Member since 2018 • 1 Posts

There are better games in the genre.. Mainly on the PC.. Path of Exile is even more fun and that's a free to play game. :P

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7348 Posts

There really isn't a lot to the gameplay. It can be fun but there is no denying the simplicity. What draws people in is the search for new and better loot.

conquerorsaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#26 conquerorsaint
Member since 2003 • 1338 Posts

Yea when I played the demo I felt like it was repetitive already for that duration.

cejay0813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#27 cejay0813
Member since 2004 • 1939 Posts

The challenge comes in maxing your character and the difficulty. Like any RPG it can be very repetitive so you have to constantly do things to up the ante so you're always challenged

Jackamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28  Edited By Jackamomo
Member since 2017 • 2157 Posts

Blizzard fluffed this game monumentally.

It took like 15 years to develop and looked good at about 10 years in, then they took another 5 years and it was garbage.

Then another couple of years to iron out the problems with in game economies and online problems.

Boring boring boring.

Your better off with Diablo 2 or the various clones like Torchlight or Victor Vran.

Ready4Run

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Ready4Run
Member since 2018 • 62 Posts

It always boring to do same things over and over. Just try to use different builds, new gear , new characters. Diablo for me is a game for calming nerves by farming.