Dead Space Wii?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Foxtrot561

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 Foxtrot561
Member since 2009 • 494 Posts
Hello everyone. I am a HUGE Dead Space fan. Now, I hear that it is coming out for Wii. One part of me says "Dead Space for wii! This will ruin Dead Space!" and another part of me says "This might be good. Let's hope it handles itself as well as the RE4 Wii port". I play it on Xbox360 and I don't know how the Wii version will turn out. What do you think will become of Dead Space for Wii?
Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
I think It'll have potential to turn towards a similar Resident Evil 4 way on the Wii. Might do the controls some good.
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts
The difference is that RE4 was made for last-gen consoles so the transition to the Wii made sense. It's now the definitive version. But Dead Space was made for next-gen consoles, so it's a downgrade. The 360/PS3/PC versions will still be the definitive one. So the transition to the Wii makes less sense. Still, I'm not going to shrug it off. It might turn out good, who knows. But a lot, and I mean, A LOT, of the atmosphere and moments will be lost.
Foxtrot561

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 Foxtrot561
Member since 2009 • 494 Posts

The difference is that RE4 was made for last-gen consoles so the transition to the Wii made sense. It's now the definitive version. But Dead Space was made for next-gen consoles, so it's a downgrade. The 360/PS3/PC versions will still be the definitive one. So the transition to the Wii makes less sense. Still, I'm not going to shrug it off. It might turn out good, who knows. But a lot, and I mean, A LOT, of the atmosphere and moments will be lost.ASK_Story

That's true. The graphics won't be nearly as good on Wii. On Xbox360, PS3, and PC the graphics are perfection but on the wii..... meh. Since the graphics will be downgraded, I suppose the atmosphere and tension won't be there any more. Let's hope that those Wii owners out there who want Dead Space will get a great port

dcoope3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dcoope3
Member since 2003 • 762 Posts
The graphics won't be the best, but I think that they can replicate the atmosphere and get some decent lighting effects on the system. They may have to break up the levels of the game more to achieve it, but I still thinks it's possible. Looking at Overlord for the Wii and the Conduit, EA could definately derive some decent lighting and normal mapping effects from the Wii. One of the devs of the original Dead Space actually posts on Neogaf forums and goes by the name codecow. He stated taht he has seen the Wii version (even though he is not working directly on it) and stated that most will be satisfied woth the graphics. I don't think it's too hard to get that game to look decent. The game is primarily a corridor shooter. There isn't a huge outdoor expansive environment. There are some sequences that take place outside the ship, but they are few.
Robio_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#6 Robio_basic
Member since 2002 • 7059 Posts
I think the Wii could pull off an acceptable port, if it's done with care. The graphics won't be as good of course, but it's important to remember that a lot of the game's scares and mood come from the audio, which the Wii could replicate just as well as the other systems. If they can add a good control system to it, then it could very well be worth playing.
Skylock00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Skylock00
Member since 2002 • 20069 Posts
I think the Wii could pull off an acceptable port, if it's done with care. The graphics won't be as good of course, but it's important to remember that a lot of the game's scares and mood come from the audio, which the Wii could replicate just as well as the other systems. If they can add a good control system to it, then it could very well be worth playing.Robio_basic
Well, the audio won't be in 5.1 surround, but yeah, it could retain that quality if they work at it well. It'll be interesting to see how the port turns out.
johan1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 johan1986
Member since 2003 • 4764 Posts
I wonder if it will also have the out in space parts, I dont see the wii doing that
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
The huge hit to the graphics, sound and atmosphere most likely won't be worth the "upgrade" to the controls. This game, like Dead Rising, isn't the right game to be porting to the Wii.
qwertyoip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 qwertyoip
Member since 2007 • 1681 Posts
The huge hit to the graphics, sound and atmosphere most likely won't be worth the "upgrade" to the controls. This game, like Dead Rising, isn't the right game to be porting to the Wii.foxhound_fox
Im not sure the Wii is the best for horror stuff, ruins the atmosphere with the cheery looking cursors they use
stike22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 stike22
Member since 2009 • 3401 Posts
Hopefully it won't be like Starwars wars force unleashed was, I knew about Force unleashed ages before most people and wanted it on X360, I changed my mind because I couldn't be bothered to go to the bank to withdraw like $5 and bought Force unleashed on Wii....completed it in one day and didn't have half of what X360 version had..........returned it the next day....hopefully Dead Space won't be like that.
Avatar image for kingofcosmos231
kingofcosmos231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 kingofcosmos231
Member since 2008 • 763 Posts
never played deadspace but i bet i'll like it.
RealBlackPuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RealBlackPuma
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I'm fairly skeptical about a Wii version of Dead Space. I enjoyed the first game with all my heart (attacks), and that was on the Xbox 360. Even though I do think the Wii's controls has great potential to work fantastic with the game, I really doubt the graphics will cut it for that real Dead Space experience. And to tell you the truth, I find it rather annoying that they would jump over to another game console just like that. It seems so unlogic, it's like assuming everyone has all 3 consoles standing next to their TV's. I'm guessing there are allot of Xbox 360, PS3 and PC owners out there that are rather disappointed that the game they grew to love will be released on a console that had no business with the first game what so ever. And even if they would bring it to all the other systems, would it still be the Wii version converted to fit the rest of the systems? Because lets face it, when it comes to hardware the Wii isn't exactly a heavy weight amongst the next gen consoles. I mean no offense to Wii owners of course, they also deserve this game on their console. But it all seems so unlogic to change console at this point.
Avatar image for Love_Hina_Lover
Love_Hina_Lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Love_Hina_Lover
Member since 2002 • 4381 Posts

The game is going to be a prequel to the 360/ps3 outing so i believe this will give it somebreathing room to not be directly compared to the 360/ps3 versions. If it incorporates/removes some game ideas to fit the system better, it can be viewed more as a sepearte game than a straight port. Sorta how dead rising on the wii is being compared to its 360 version, its an inferior port