Dang you GameSTOP employees... Stop screwing my life up

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for thenarkallaptar
thenarkallaptar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 thenarkallaptar
Member since 2005 • 983 Posts
I just went out and bought Morrowind for PC at my Gamestop and when I got home and opened the box everything was present except for the actual game discs. I called and the guy that sold it to me said he figured I would be calling soon and that he had the discs. dang...
ammon1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ammon1
Member since 2004 • 57 Posts

The same thing has happened to me lots of times at my local library with games and movies. Of course it isn't until you get home that you actually notice. ARRRRRGHHH

P.S. Morrowind is often available for checkout (For 4 WEEKS FREE!) at city libraries and if they do not have a copy you can ask them to order it. that is how I get to play almost all new games that come out.

Andrn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Andrn
Member since 2008 • 2098 Posts

Wow. That really sucks. With current gas prices, that's quite a costly venture for one game.

Try checking to make sure the game's actually in there next time.

iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
that does suck. thats what i hate about gamestop becasiue they open the games already i think that the people there play the game then return it (new released games)
linklb4130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 linklb4130
Member since 2003 • 1737 Posts

The same thing has happened to me lots of times at my local library with games and movies. Of course it isn't until you get home that you actually notice. ARRRRRGHHH

P.S. Morrowind is often available for checkout (For 4 WEEKS FREE!) at city libraries and if they do not have a copy you can ask them to order it. that is how I get to play almost all new games that come out.

ammon1
i wish the libraries where i live would allow me to rent games. I only have the choice of going to overpriced blockbuster.
Kage1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Kage1
Member since 2003 • 6806 Posts

Maybe checking to see if theres a disc in the box might help before walking out the store?

I never have that problem because If I buy a game new or used from GS, I always want to see the disc first before I buy it.

ninjavelmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ninjavelmor
Member since 2004 • 1053 Posts
since i used to work at GS, i always check my games, when i buy from GS, or another used game store. Sometimes it gets busy, and they are only human, i know its sucks. Just check next time
UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#8 UT_Wrestler
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts

Rule #1 of buying used games: CHECK INSIDE THE BOX BEFORE YOU BUY!

cloudy_kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 cloudy_kid
Member since 2008 • 48 Posts
oh there is this shop i go to they sell like everything i think it was game crate and everything is always in the package so you never have that kind of service but i think its a one store shop gamecrate i think?
Gammit10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 119

User Lists: 2

#10 Gammit10
Member since 2004 • 2397 Posts

Your first mistake was buying a game at gamestop. I present to you the following, better choices:

Best Buy (they display PC games proudly, and won't gut the game box for the sake of "protection")
www.gogamer.com (will frequently have better deals)
www.goozex.com (for trading in and/or buying used games. They give me 5x what gamestop does)

ninjavelmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ninjavelmor

UT_Wrestler

the game wasnt used actually. its a PC game, and GS doesn't sell used PC games, they just keep the new games out of the box so they cant be stolen

Im_single

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Im_single
Member since 2008 • 5134 Posts
[QUOTE="UT_Wrestler"]

ninjavelmor

the game wasnt used actually. its a PC game, and GS doesn't sell used PC games, they just keep the new games out of the box so they cant be stolen

GS does sell used PC games actually, i've bought a few used from GS, I have no idea their policy on used PC games but they do sell em'

ninjavelmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ninjavelmor
[QUOTE="ninjavelmor"][QUOTE="UT_Wrestler"]

Im_single

GS does sell used PC games actually, i've bought a few used from GS, I have no idea their policy on used PC games but they do sell em'

uhh when did you buy a used PC game from GS. I worked there for almost 3 years, and we never sold used PC games. In fact a person tried to trade in stalker for PC and we couldn't take it as a trade, so he just gave it to me.
and if you go to the website, you can't even buy used PC games online.http://www.gamestop.com/browse/search.aspx?N=80
LadyShanoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LadyShanoa
Member since 2008 • 678 Posts

GameStop doesn't allow used PC game trade-ins at least my favorite store doesn't.

Buying games at GameStop is no different then getting fast food at a drive through. Always check your order before you drive off.

Goozex, seems more like a scam to me. There has to be some kind of catch.

UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#15 UT_Wrestler
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts
[QUOTE="UT_Wrestler"]

ninjavelmor

You can apply that rule to any game that isn't factory sealed.

wizdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 wizdom
Member since 2003 • 10111 Posts

I just went out and bought Morrowind for PC at my Gamestop and when I got home and opened the box everything was present except for the actual game discs. I called and the guy that sold it to me said he figured I would be calling soon and that he had the discs. dang...thenarkallaptar

So why do you hate them again? The guy forgot to put the discs in the game, go back up there and get them, problem solved.