Cowboy Hat? Check. Hot Chick in Bikini? Check. Zombies? Check. (Wii) game

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 gaminggeek
Member since 2003 • 14223 Posts

The next installment of One Chanbara is coming from D3. I don't know what this is or where its coming from, but it looks veeery familiar to me.

more-pics

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

Did you say Wii?

Than it must be a port because this is from a import 360 game that had some controversy. I remember someone posting about this game before. I forgot the name, but it was funky.

gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 gaminggeek

Did you say Wii?

Than it must be a port because this is from a import 360 game that had some controversy. I remember someone posting about this game before. I forgot the name, but it was funky.

ASK_Story

I think it was me that posted about it, but according to the translation this is like the next in the series.

Shinoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Shinoto
Member since 2006 • 8331 Posts
Oneechanbara Or something like that is the name.
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ASK_Story

That's right. The infamous cowboy-clad bikini chick with a ninja sword.

I think Itagaki spoke highly about it! :P

Foolz3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 Foolz3h
Member since 2006 • 23739 Posts

Those pics aren't too bad. I didn't bother clicking them though and I assume they've been re-sized. :P

If not they look terrible!

Edit: in fact they actually look pretty good.

gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gaminggeek

Those pics aren't too bad. I didn't bother clicking them though and I assume they've been re-sized. :P

Foolz3h

A little blurry, a little jaggy. Nice colour and lighting though. D3 published dragon sword though :?

Foolz3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8 Foolz3h
Member since 2006 • 23739 Posts
[QUOTE="Foolz3h"]

gaminggeek

A little blurry, a little jaggy. Nice colour and lighting though. D3 published dragon sword though :?

As in Ninja Gaiden?

Promising then even though it's not entirely my cup of tea.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44474 Posts
That does it I can take no more. This game is the last straw to push me to finally pick up a Wii this week. :P
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ASK_Story

The game does have a market at least. You know, the Bloodrayne, Rumble Roses, DOA Xtreme market, the "guilty pleasure," group. ;)

And also, I think GG was referring to that God of War-Wii knock off, what was it called, "Wrath of Fire" or something. Yeah, it was terrible.

But D3 did publish Puzzle Quest, so they're not all to bad in my book.

sephiroth_y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 sephiroth_y
Member since 2004 • 1392 Posts
Btw, this also released on PS2, it's Simple Series vol. 86 and 101 I think. I'm tried to get that but it's hard to buy it even online marketplace
KingKoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 KingKoop
Member since 2005 • 4268 Posts
Bikini's & Zombies? I'm game :D
gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gaminggeek

The game does have a market at least. You know, the Bloodrayne, Rumble Roses, DOA Xtreme market, the "guilty pleasure," group. ;)

And also, I think GG was referring to that God of War-Wii knock off, what was it called, "Wrath of Fire" or something. Yeah, it was terrible.

ASK_Story

Ah yeah, dragon blade I htink it was. I heard on the IGN podcast that these guys like to make stripped down games that blatantly re-use assets and pawn them off at budget prices? Sounds like Link's Crossbow training :P

sephiroth_y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 sephiroth_y
Member since 2004 • 1392 Posts
[QUOTE="ASK_Story"]

gaminggeek

Ah yeah, dragon blade I htink it was. I heard on the IGN podcast that these guys like to make stripped down games that blatantly re-use assets and pawn them off at budget prices? Sounds like Link's Crossbow training :P

Dragon Blade something like this one? And what's that Link's Crossbow training about? lol interesting to know

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ASK_Story

Sounds like D3. Even they were taken by complete surprise when Puzzle Quest was such a hit.

Hit or miss...but most of the time, like that DS budget game, Break em` All,...they miss! :P

gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 gaminggeek

Links crossbow training

Link's Crossbow Training en dix imagesLink's Crossbow Training en dix imagesLink's Crossbow Training en dix imagesLink's Crossbow Training en dix imagesLink's Crossbow Training en dix imagesLink's Crossbow Training en dix imagesLink's Crossbow Training en dix imagesLink's Crossbow Training en dix imagesLink's Crossbow Training en dix imagesLink's Crossbow Training en dix images

omerdv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 omerdv
Member since 2005 • 1071 Posts
As much as the wii is mainly for gameplay, they gotta get some good graphics to some games....this game looks like a PS2 game...:( at least SM:G and Z:TP and some other games look pretty good...
gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 gaminggeek

As much as the wii is mainly for gameplay, they gotta get some good graphics to some games....this game looks like a PS2 game...:( at least SM:G and Z:TP and some other games look pretty good...omerdv

I really don't buy this argument anymore. Not with games that look as good as MP3, Galaxy, MOH2, Sonic, Endless Ocean, Pokemon et al.

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/8997/599115200710091124013bisu6.jpg

KingKoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 KingKoop

Links crossbow training

Link's Crossbow Training en dix imagesLink's Crossbow Training en dix imagesLink's Crossbow Training en dix imagesLink's Crossbow Training en dix imagesLink's Crossbow Training en dix imagesLink's Crossbow Training en dix imagesLink's Crossbow Training en dix imagesLink's Crossbow Training en dix imagesLink's Crossbow Training en dix imagesLink's Crossbow Training en dix images

gaminggeek

Genius, pure genius, thanks for that GG ;)

nopalversion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 nopalversion
Member since 2005 • 4757 Posts

[QUOTE="omerdv"]As much as the wii is mainly for gameplay, they gotta get some good graphics to some games....this game looks like a PS2 game...:( at least SM:G and Z:TP and some other games look pretty good...gaminggeek

I really don't buy this argument anymore. Not with games that look as good as MP3, Galaxy, MOH2, Sonic, Endless Ocean, Pokemon et al.

Well, sorry, but it's not like these games look amazing. With the possible exception of SMG. Still, they have good art direction and that makes up for a lot of shortcomings.

Now, this game looks like something I'd enjoy... in short bursts. Sensual! 5 Hits!

KingKoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 KingKoop
[QUOTE="gaminggeek"]

[QUOTE="omerdv"]As much as the wii is mainly for gameplay, they gotta get some good graphics to some games....this game looks like a PS2 game...:( at least SM:G and Z:TP and some other games look pretty good...nopalversion

Well, sorry, but it's not like these games look amazing. With the possible exception of SMG. Still, they have good art direction and that makes up for a lot of shortcomings.

Now, this game looks like something I'd enjoy... in short bursts. Sensual! 5 Hits!

What they don't look amazing? I've just started playing MP3 and tbh it looks better than a lot of X360 titles and Ps3 titles I've seen. I hate this Graphics vs Gameplay palava nowadays, what happened to playing a game cos' you enjoyed it?

gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 gaminggeek
[QUOTE="gaminggeek"]

[QUOTE="omerdv"]As much as the wii is mainly for gameplay, they gotta get some good graphics to some games....this game looks like a PS2 game...:( at least SM:G and Z:TP and some other games look pretty good...nopalversion

What do you expect on the wii? Those are good graphics for the system. They are hardly PS2 like as is the general conception of most wii titles Nopal.

OneWingedAngeI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 OneWingedAngeI
Member since 2003 • 9448 Posts

im somewhat with nopal on the looks of this game. sure mp3 and smg look great for the wii, but having a game that looks this disgusting is absolutely intolerable. you cant put out something horrid looking and expect people to support it.

gamingqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#24 gamingqueen
Member since 2004 • 31076 Posts
I've seen screenshots for this game before but they were diffenr than these ones. These are in game screenies with another girl blasting zombies and wearing...this time a school uniform. Double fanservice I'm thinking.
gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 gaminggeek

What they don't look amazing? I've just started playing MP3 and tbh it looks better than a lot of X360 titles and Ps3 titles I've seen. I hate this Graphics vs Gameplay palava nowadays, what happened to playing a game cos' you enjoyed it? KingKoop

I've with you there KK, metroid prime 3 on an SDTV looks amazing when you get to the later levels, so beautiful. It's not technically pushing shaders and whatnot but aestetically overall I've found it quite beautiful indeed.

Onto the graphics. Gorgeous. When Mark McDonald said in his 1up.com review that MP3 was one of the best looking games on any system, I can now believe him. At times it almost feels wrong that a wii game can look as good as this.The screens and video just dont do it justice. I found myself just in a daze, clearing rooms of enemies then just looking around for the sake of looking around. You'd think that after such hi-def artistry in the likes of bioshock I would be immune to anything the wii could do, but no, I probably found myself appreciating the visuals in MP3 more than I have any other game so far. The art is astounding, metroid is art, like computer visualised art. It makes most other games just look horribly generic, the designs, the patterns, everything is so well conceptualised. As to the technical side of things, at times you could be cruel and just say that it's gamecube graphics with fancy lighting but that would be unfair. In an interview MP3 designer Mark Pacini said that every texture in the game is2 times more detailed than in MP2. I see the difference, there is a clarity that wasn't there in past games and one cannot undervalue the quality of the lighting in this game. It's not just standard bloom applied across the board. In many cases it's very subtle and etherial. It's got some great wall and floor textures too.

IMO there are enough games with good graphics on Wii now for this whole PS2 argument to go out of business. Everytime there is a shabby looking wii game you can't keep pullingthe old Wii is PS2:? argument out.It's not about the console specs, its about developers not half assing things.

We all know that the Wii is nowhere near the 360 and PS3 but please...

... you're killing me here.

gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 gaminggeek

im somewhat with nopal on the looks of this game. sure mp3 and smg look great for the wii, but having a game that looks this disgusting is absolutely intolerable. you cant put out something horrid looking and expect people to support it.

OneWingedAngeI

Except Nopalconversion was talking about all those games I listed and not this particular title. Someone distracting you at work again? :P

SteelAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SteelAttack
Member since 2005 • 10520 Posts
Oneechanbara! It's supossed to be Oneechanbara R, I believe. You forgot loads of blood on the thread title, GG. :P