Convince parents to let me play GTA IV?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

1vgfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 1vgfan
Member since 2004 • 1338 Posts
I know it doesn't come out for a while, but I tried to pre order it, and my dad won't let me. He says he doesn't like the "theme" of the game. I tried to explain it to him, and convince him myself, but he's still being a moron and won't exactly tell me why I can't play it, just that I can't. I'm in my teen years, and I think I'm mature enough to handle it. It's not like I haven't played the other games at friends houses and stuff. Also, every game I won for my 360 is T or M. I even tried to show my dad the trailer, but at the end when he say the GTA logo he goes "NO!!" So, any ideas on how to convince my daddy?
_MURS_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 _MURS_
Member since 2007 • 2342 Posts

Well hes probably just worried about you going out and doing some of that stuff after you play the game...

So id recommend you just go outside right now and go hit up some hookers, steal some cars, and blast fools in the face..just to let him know your gonna do that stuff with or without the game....

After that he might as well let you have it so that you do that stuff inside rather than to real people outside..

Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Travo_basic
Member since 2003 • 38751 Posts
It's good to see parents that are invololved like this.
martin_f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 martin_f
Member since 2005 • 2605 Posts
My dad knows whata gamesabout, he buys it me often infront of the store attendant.
I dont think he'd buy me Manhunt though, wouldn't want it anyway.
Its more of a pain than a concern to my parents.
erawsd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 erawsd
Member since 2002 • 6930 Posts
Listen to your dad. If he doesn't think you can handle it, then thats his decision.
CodeMunki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 CodeMunki
Member since 2002 • 2740 Posts
Be glad you have a good father.
DarKre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DarKre
Member since 2003 • 9529 Posts
Tough it out then...I mean if you annoy him to no end he would probably give in..if he is a man of weak moral fiber.
1vgfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 1vgfan
Member since 2004 • 1338 Posts

Well hes probably just worried about you going out and doing some of that stuff after you play the game...

So id recommend you just go outside right now and go hit up some hookers, steal some cars, and blast fools in the face..just to let him know your gonna do that stuff with or without the game....

After that he might as well let you have it so that you do that stuff inside rather than to real people outside..

_MURS_

Thanks, I went downtown and chocked some hookers, and now my dad's gonna let me get the game.

_MURS_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 _MURS_
Member since 2007 • 2342 Posts
[QUOTE="_MURS_"]

1vgfan

Thanks, I went downtown and chocked some hookers, and now my dad's gonna let me get the game.

yeah i figured it would work, it worked for me a few years ago......

D-MonDRV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

#11 D-MonDRV
Member since 2002 • 9267 Posts

Just be glad he lets you play video games. At 18, my dad is completely fed up with it and he's on my ass every day.

In all seriousness, there's nothing wrong with borrowing it from a friend. Besides, the game doesn't even come out for a while.

And either way. GTA isn't even that great to begin with.

Robio_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#12 Robio_basic
Member since 2002 • 7059 Posts

Nice to see a parent doing his job. If we had more of them maybe I'd be playing Manhunt 2right now.

selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 selbie
Member since 2004 • 13295 Posts
If you're only in your early teens then your dad has good reasoning for it. If your dad sets the rules then don't try to change it because it'll make things worse. If you're really that desperate then play it at your friends place.
The_PirateKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 The_PirateKing
Member since 2005 • 9714 Posts
~-~I'm guessing he knows you a lot better then we do. So I'm going to assume that he's right and you shouldn't be play that game.~-~
Avatar image for gqman2121_basic
gqman2121_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 gqman2121_basic
Member since 2002 • 4322 Posts
What's wrong with you kids these days? Are you not smart enough to just go to the a store like say, o I don't know, Wal Mart, Target, or a non gaming store that will not card you? God man, if all else fails just wait outside a story and ask a stranger to buy it for you. I've done it before for kids. It's really not that hard to get these games, which is part of the problem why titles like Manhunt 2 are not seeing the light of day.......
Avatar image for RainandSunshine
RainandSunshine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 RainandSunshine
Member since 2007 • 406 Posts
Respect your parents authority.
Avatar image for RainandSunshine
RainandSunshine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 RainandSunshine
Member since 2007 • 406 Posts

What's wrong with you kids these days? Are you not smart enough to just go to the a store like say, o I don't know, Wal Mart, Target, or a non gaming store that will not card you? God man, if all else fails just wait outside a story and ask a stranger to buy it for you. I've done it before for kids. It's really not that hard to get these games, which is part of the problem why titles like Manhunt 2 are not seeing the light of day.......
gqman2121_basic

And Wal-Mart will card you. Genuis.

Bloodaxe726

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Bloodaxe726
Member since 2007 • 7903 Posts

Figure out how to rapidly age yourself and then go get the game. Problem solved I win.

Bloodaxe726

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Bloodaxe726
Member since 2007 • 7903 Posts

Figure out how to rapidly age yourself and then go get the game. Problem solved I win.

SKHuskie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SKHuskie
Member since 2007 • 271 Posts
How old are you exactly? If you have to convince your parents to let you buy (or them buy it for you?) you probably aren't old enough to play it.
monkey27272

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 monkey27272
Member since 2004 • 534 Posts
" Buy it for me dad, or i'' kill you". That's your only chance. Prove to him you're mature, do all of your chores, read some books, go volunteer, get a job.
NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 NeoGen85
Member since 2003 • 4270 Posts

" Buy it for me dad, or i'' kill you". That's your only chance. Prove to him you're mature, do all of your chores, read some books, go volunteer, get a job.monkey27272

Yeah, if you're not old enough to get a job then maybe you show back off. Have you checked your grades recently?

Poshkidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24 Poshkidney
Member since 2006 • 3803 Posts
i won't go on a killing spree
Abby88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#25 Abby88
Member since 2004 • 642 Posts

I'm gonna have to agree with everyone else...if your dad doesn't want you playing it, you shouldn't be playing it. You may or may not be mature enough to handle it, but regardless, while you're under your parents' roof you have to live by their rules. Such is life. Look at this way, at least you know you have parents who care about you and bother to be involved in your life. :P

Alternatively, you could build a time machine and go forward until you're 17 and can buy it yourself.

Wemhim256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Wemhim256
Member since 2007 • 712 Posts
If you need permission what makes you think you'll be able to play it at all? Honestly, if you can decide for yourself, then you can...
Lance_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#27 Lance_C
Member since 2004 • 34544 Posts
It's a good thing that parents such as him are involved into this. Even though you think that you're mature enough, your dad probably knows better. Besides, the (probably) M rating isn't there for nothing.