Contra 4 tons of awesome BONUS content....Contra and Super C are unlockable...!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

Borrowed this from a thread in the DS section:

This is is the basic summary:

• 20th anniversary Virtual Museum - this provides a virtual history of the franchise since the early 80s with box art, screenshots, and other art.
  • Unlockable Games - The NES versions of Contra and Super C are unlockable
  • 5 Unlockable characters, including Probotector from the European version of Contra games
  • 2 Unlockable digital comic books from long-time contra artist, Atsushi Tsujimoto
  • An interview with Contra producer Nobuya Nakazato

http://www.gwn.com/news/story.php/id/14323/Tons_of_Bonus_Content_For_Contra_4.html

This looks like a great package. But hopefully the Contra 4 game itself is the main attraction and the bonus content just extra freebies.

Sounds good so far. But I'm still going to hold out on reviews of the main game.

PikaPichu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 PikaPichu
Member since 2003 • 17813 Posts
It's looking good so far. When's it due out?
murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 murlow12
Member since 2005 • 11109 Posts
The fact that it comes with Contra and Super C has me sold. That's worth the price tag right there.
zeus_gb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#4 zeus_gb
Member since 2004 • 7793 Posts
Great stuff i've been looking forward to Contra 4 being released.
Spirit_of_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Spirit_of_87
Member since 2003 • 2423 Posts

Sounds good so far. But I'm still going to hold out on reviews of the main game.

ASK_Story

I'll give you a review. In this game you shoot stuff and stuff blows up! Sometims you jump but, jumping doesn't give you any points. So I say, "Just run n' gun and always keep shooting," :wink:

Seriously, have some faith and pre-order the damn game. It's going to be freaking awesome!

gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 gaminggeek
Member since 2003 • 14223 Posts
Yeah read this a couple of days ago and I want to know because probotector 2 NES just launched on the european VC. So is that free on this game?
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44481 Posts
Damn that is an excellent list of Contra goodness to come with the game but I'm also hoping that Contra 4 is the main focus and that it turns out to be a solid game. Too bad Contra III didn't also come with the package. Now that would have been the ultimate Contra deal.
Robio_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#8 Robio_basic
Member since 2002 • 7059 Posts

And yet, we Rush'n'Attack fans are still left out in the cold. Where is the love Konami?? Where is the love?

Anyway yep, that is a pretty sweet deal. I guess the big question is will the original Contra and Super C have at least some wifi playability so that you can play with a friend? Contra solo is good and all, but playing that with a friend was always the big attraction for me.

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
I already have contra and super c on my 360, but im still buying the game because its freakin contra 4!
Robio_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#10 Robio_basic
Member since 2002 • 7059 Posts

I already have contra and super c on my 360, but im still buying the game because its freakin contra 4!GodModeEnabled

I don't know about Super C, but isn't the Contra on X-box Live the arcade version? I always thought that Contra was one of the rare instances where the console version was superior to the arcade version.

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts

[QUOTE="GodModeEnabled"]I already have contra and super c on my 360, but im still buying the game because its freakin contra 4!Robio_basic

I don't know about Super C, but isn't the Contra on X-box Live the arcade version? I always thought that Contra was one of the rare instances where the console version was superior to the arcade version.

Hmmm im not too sure on that one actually, but you may be right. I still gotta get Alien Wars on the Wii too, that was always my favorite one.
Spirit_of_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Spirit_of_87
Member since 2003 • 2423 Posts
^ Xbox live has the arcade version of Super C and just like the original Contra, the NES version is better.
Gunraidan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Gunraidan
Member since 2007 • 4272 Posts

The crazy thing about this is according to hands-on it's suppose to be good. :?

Though the final judgement will come when I push the cart into my DS.

[QUOTE="ASK_Story"]

Spirit_of_87

I'll give you a review. In this game you shoot stuff and stuff blows up! Sometims you jump but, jumping doesn't give you any points. So I say, "Just run n' gun and always keep shooting," :wink:

Seriously, have some faith and pre-order the damn game. It's going to be freaking awesome!

Agreed Review Scores = Garbage IMO (if that's what he was referring too)

I would even go far as to reviews in general. I still remember that whole SSX Blur BS where all review sites but IGN claimed that those "ubertricks" were "impossible" or "broken". How about actually try not to suck at the game. The only person a give 100% for when determining a game is me. :)