console gamers: Why do you like console games over pc(steam)

game4metoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By game4metoo
Member since 2015 • 586 Posts

With steam at the forefront and xbox and ps4 not really coming out with that much games, why? I use to be a console gamer but It's gotten to expensive. It feels like I'm paying for to much. Ps4, games, ps+( reoccurring fee) that's just way too much and then consoles are not even giving me the same power as pc is. I'm just wondering, since it was so obvious to me, shouldn't it be to others?

P.S. almost every "exclusive" you get from ps4 or xbox you can get on steam(StreetFighter V just to give an example) and they have NO return policy on downloadable games, BIG TURN OFF!

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

I like consoles, they are reliable, I don't trust PCs, I always have problems with PCs.

Xanatos357

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#3 Xanatos357
Member since 2015 • 787 Posts

I have both consoles and a PC and I do prefer gaming on consoles, but that's probably because I only have a mediocre gaming PC.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

I bought SFIV on Steam a few days ago and it took me like 5 days to download 19GB's... I prefer consoles and always will as long as they keep supporting a physical format but the moment it goes away I switch to PC completely.

Another thing with Steam is that you hook up your PC to a TV but you still need a keyboard and mouse around to start things up. Then the fact that I have to configure the controller for most games, and when playing with a Dualshock the buttons that appear on screen are of the Xbox's. Not to mention that PC receives the buggiest games. On my one year playing on PC I have encountered so many games crashing at startup that is just ridiculous. I've been forced to hunt down for fan made fixes on google for crap ports like Deus Ex with its juddering problems on Nvida cards, MGSV GZ crashing at startup, Batman AA super laggy with Vsync, etc. PC really isn't the utopia that fanboys believe it is.

The_Funyarinpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By The_Funyarinpa
Member since 2015 • 504 Posts

They are more streamlined to have less problems than a pc, a pc can be expensive and daunting to build, there are some console exclusive games that people like, and physical games

Avatar image for deactivated-5d68555a05c4b
deactivated-5d68555a05c4b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5d68555a05c4b
Member since 2015 • 1024 Posts

Simplicity is nice, I use both but PC definitely encounters more problems than I ever do with consoles

Megane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 Megane
Member since 2015 • 685 Posts

The main reason is most of the games I like aren't on PC.

Avatar image for Smashbrossive50
Smashbrossive50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Smashbrossive50
Member since 2009 • 3915 Posts

to me,PC games are a fuss,first it's expensive. second,the installation time is insanely long,so long,I can even finish a PES exhibition match on a console,

third... the procedure of creating a shortcut takes longer time depends on how many folders are there in the PC...in the consoles' case,they don't do that,they just save it directly to the HDD or memory cards if you're still using retro consoles.

fourth, CD piracy is hardly an issue to the PC,in which I would say it's a failed metal detector,unlike today's consoles in which it requires an authentic copy of the game in order to play, they're smart for a size smaller than a PC's rig.

so that's that.I love my consoles as much as handhelds are counted.

phoenix5352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 phoenix5352
Member since 2011 • 387 Posts

console games are lot better than pc games, pc games always have issues and late releases.

ps3hdalltime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 ps3hdalltime
Member since 2012 • 427 Posts

Hardly any installation, less laging and most of all no specific individual system requirement like so much ram so much graphic card requirement and so on.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44263 Posts
  • there's a lot of games that I enjoy playing that are only on consoles
  • I prefer the physical format
  • I find it easier and more convenient gaming on consoles
  • I simply just prefer to game on consoles
RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11674 Posts

I jump from consoles, P.C., and handhelds.

Consoles being my main gaming source.

Why?

Accessibility and more social, chances are you have more friends playing games on these than P.C.? Plus most the games I'm fond of are either superior on console (The Evil Within being my last P.C. buy multiplat), or console/ handheld only games.

P.C. for me work best for games focused on keyboard and mouse interface. War for the Overworld & Elite Dangerous being very fun.

Feel I'm taking a risk pre-ordering Dragons Dogma Online for P.C., getting the feeling it'll be a lazy port of the PS4 version :/

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

i like both options, but there's no denying consoles are more accessible. I know there are some PC gamers that just won't admit this, and that is part of the problem. They scoff at attempts to simplify PC gaming with steam machines and project Katherine and treat people like idiots for wanting them, but it's exactly what that industry needs. And it's a great industry for gaming because PC games tend to have the best value for your dollar and a lot more freedom to enjoy the game the way you want whether that's through mods, UI customization or even simply the ability to map your own controls. But the service aspect of the industry is terrible and PC users who dare to buy something prebuilt or have the gall to not know how to build their own rig are ostracized, even though these same critics probably can't even change the oil in their own cars.

One other thing that I think is curious...you really have to go out of your way to meet people in games on PC vs consoles. I think it has to do with games having built in chat functions on consoles vs having to go through third party programs like Mumble and TS on PC for most games. I don't find one environment more or less toxic than the other, but it just seems like I can build a friends-list of active players far easier on consoles.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts
  • PC gaming is gaming as a service and you don't own anything. I rarely buy digital content
  • I don't want to tinker with 5 things to try and fix a bad port which PC gets often
  • I want as close to a plug and play experience as possible
  • Controller support has issues
  • Don't care for the exclusives PC tends to get
  • Not worth it to keep up with the latest PC tech (for gaming)
Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

@Smashbrossive50 said:

third... the procedure of creating a shortcut takes longer time depends on how many folders are there in the PC...in the consoles' case,they don't do that,they just save it directly to the HDD or memory cards if you're still using retro consoles.

Err just start steam and play game? simple as that. I don't like to clutter my desktop with useless shortcuts.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56190 Posts

I game way more on consoles then my PC. I own all 3 current-gen consoles, I have lots of friends on PSN/XBL, very few on PC and with that, it's all about what gaming exclusive games that comes and never on PC like Destiny is one of them. I'm just a gamer who game whatever system I feel comfortable.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22387 Posts

The main reason is simplicity... I like being able to play a game without having to mess around with settings and worrying if the game is going to run well on my system etc. Plus for me personally, it's actually cheaper to game on a console. And I still prefer buying games on disc.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

I strongly prefer Japanese games. Recently PC has gotten more Japanese games, and that's a good thing, but it still doesn't compare to the amount of Japanese games you can get on consoles and handhelds.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I game on PS4 because most of its exclusives (my favorite series being Uncharted) are not on PC. Next, I put down my money ($400 for this gen) once and know every game that comes out on it will work. Lastly, it seems that most PC gamers aren't people that I would want to game with. I won't bother to name off the reasons as you already know them.

What you should be asking is why do you care that I prefer to game on a PS4? My preference literally does nothing to you.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#21 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

The main points in favor of console are unified hardware and optimized software: on a console you can be sure that the game will work for you the same as everyone else (barring unfinished games which are a plague on both PC and consoles), and that any issue you may have has a single solution for everyone. On the other hand, PC has community-made patches and mods to fix games that developers abandoned while still broken and it allows you to more readily use third party accessories. That and games are dirt cheap if you shop around. Consoles have collectibility though, which PC has lost entirely. There's all that to consider.