Confess your dumbest mistake whilst gamimg here.. Possible spoilers !

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for DecadesOfGaming
DecadesOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 0

#1 DecadesOfGaming
Member since 2007 • 3100 Posts

Sometimes it's good just to get things off your chest by getting things out into the open, especially if you've kept it to yourself for years ! So take this opportunity and confess your dumbest mistake you ever made whilst gaming.. Right here, right now.

I confess that whilst playing through ICO for the very first time back in 2001, I was stuck on one part of the game for just under two weeks because I did'nt realise all I had to do was simply pull myself up from the ledge and climb through the whole to release the crate which blocked the fountain !! LOL

AHHHHHHHHHHHH... (Deep breath) I feel much better now I've got that off my chest, It was my biggest gaming secret ! LOL

The strongest individuals, are the individuals who can laugh at themselves !

Decades Of Gaming.

Your turn !

red0584

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 red0584
Member since 2008 • 4040 Posts
In Paper Mario 2, I was stuck for a few days because I found the sun and moon stones, but didn't know what to do with them.
DarkCatalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 DarkCatalyst
Member since 2002 • 20968 Posts
Getting brain-locked and continuing to play K: Ken-1/Iori-1//Haohmaru-2 back in '02 at the Utah Street Fighter Regenesis CvS2 tournament, rather than adapting and playing my better team of K: Ryu-1/Rugal-1/Dhalsim-2. I was just too damn tired that day and have no other excuse for not going top-three.
reyad-u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 reyad-u
Member since 2006 • 6960 Posts
I was playing OoT Master Quest. In the Ice Cavern, there was a door, made out of red ice, so I thought that it wasn't a door but a barrier which I had to melt. So for the next four hours I repeatedly collected the blue flame trying to melt the ice, I even tried to blast it by using bombs and I've even tried rolling into it. After a few dozen rolls I realised that the A button flashed "Open", tried that and I heard the sliding sound as the door slid open. Felt like an idiot.
stike22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 stike22
Member since 2009 • 3401 Posts
Please don't bring back memories of Oot....(sob).....just don't....(sob)....it is the best game in the world..... You know I lately I keep wanting to play the Ice Cavern again...blue fire and such...Not like I couldn't just slap OoT in right now...in fact I will! Thanx reyad-u. As for me dumbest thing I ever did was put Alone in the Dark in my Wii.........Worst game in existence! to tell you the truth I haven't really done anything seriously stupid, yesterday I was playing Bomberman Hero on N64 and I actually couldn't figure out to do on the 5th level...terrible...all I had to do was drop a bomb...It actualy took me 2mins to figure that out...terrible.
Avatar image for YourChaosIsntMe
YourChaosIsntMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 YourChaosIsntMe
Member since 2007 • 1228 Posts

When I was younger I raced through Final Fantasy VIII without building new weapons or searching for for GFs. Because of this, the game will never be beaten, unless I decide to find an old Gameshark or play through the game again correctly. I almost did this at 15 with FFX, but thankfully I took a very long break from the game (about 4 years) and was able to correct my mistakes when I started again. Thankfully, the inexistence of patience and critical analysis were only short-lived products of childhood; the lack of which would have far greater consequences than stupid video game mistakes.

Ironically enough, I had trouble with that very same spot in Ico a long time ago.

one_on_one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 208

#7 one_on_one
Member since 2008 • 2368 Posts
Recently, it has to do with Left 4 Dead and the Witch.
ramboturd72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 ramboturd72
Member since 2008 • 3514 Posts
This one is pretty stupid, but I had just bought red faction for the ps2 a few weeks ago and when I started playing, I couldn't figure out how to save. I checked the menus and almost (key word) all the buttons but I couldn't figure out how to save. Then one day, I was playing and my finger slipped and hit the select button, and I realized that that button opened up the save menu. I felt so stupid after this because I had spent hours looking online and trying to figure out how to save, and then I realized that all I had to do was give the buttons a closer look. :oops:
Bioshockraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#9 Bioshockraptor
Member since 2008 • 21483 Posts
In Oblivion I stole all this stuff from people and this guard had some cool gold armour on and I wanted it so I attacked him but I ended up going to jail and loosing all my items.
jjtiebuckle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 jjtiebuckle
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts
Rented Parasite Eve when I was younger and couldn't figure out how to get past the church, so I stopped playing until I returned it. It wasn't until years (and I mean years) later until I realized there's a switch you needed to press on the back wall (?).
atony12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 atony12
Member since 2007 • 960 Posts
never finding that fricken sword in that one zelda game i had on the N64, i didnt even get to the story man! the very first thing i had to do was find a sword in this one area....i never did!
immortality20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#12 immortality20
Member since 2005 • 8546 Posts
I get stuck on puzzles and get very frusturated. The water temple in Orcarina of Time. The mirrors in the xbox/ps2 Prince of Persia. I completly stopped Tomb Raider Underworld cause I couldn't figure it out. I hate when a game slows down to a halt and there is no way to help or skip. So disheartning. And ego shattering.
klusps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#13 klusps
Member since 2005 • 10386 Posts
Shooting the hostage in the Mile High Club mission in COD4 on expert. :x
gameguy6700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 gameguy6700
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

I did something in WoW that I've never stopped kicking myself in the ass for, even though I stopped playing the game about 2.5 years ago. I had been playing the game for a few months as a warrior and while I was grinding some mobs an epic ring dropped. I saw it had some +endurance or something like that and equipped it without thinking about all the other stats on it (it was a warlock ring so it was mostly useless for a warrior). I was just thinking "Woot! Epic! This has to be better than anything else I have!". So of course my guild teases me about making such a dumb mistake and I get so pissed about the whole situation that I just fly off to another area and start grinding mobs hoping that another epic will drop, though I knew full well that it wasn't going to happen. Well guess what? It did. Same exact ring too. So at that point I was like "oh **** yes! This time I'm not going to screw things up, I'm selling it this time!". Well I did end up selling it...for six gold (it was easily worth 100+ gold, I just didn't know enough about non-warrior gear at the time and epics to realize just how much it was worth). Easily the most retarded thing I've ever done in a video game.

cloudff7tm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 cloudff7tm
Member since 2006 • 3975 Posts

I got stuck in Final Fantasy 7 at the Midgar slums for a LONG time. I kept running around looking for what to do and all I had to do is run up this one ledge I kept passing.

Funny thing is, my friend came to me for help with the exact same problem.